7:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( -127 ) at Detroit ( +118 ) — T: 7.5
    7:20 PM EST : Toronto ( ) at Atlanta ( ) — T:
    7:40 PM EST : St. Louis ( +115 ) at Milwaukee ( -125 ) — T: 7.5
    8:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( +132 ) at Houston ( -143 ) — T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( +109 ) at Chi Sox ( -118 ) — T: 8.0
    8:40 PM EST : San Diego ( ) at Colorado ( ) — T:
    9:40 PM EST : Miami ( -102 ) at Arizona ( -106 ) — T: 8.0
    10:10 PM EST : Seattle ( +215 ) at LA Dodgers ( -240 ) —T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• dmsr320

Why does DraftKings have doubleheader games in their main slates when they are only 7 innings??

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Don’t know. The weirder part is, sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t. Luckily there is no double headers today. SDP/COL are waiting until tomorrow to make up last night’s game. Probably because they know there was no way they’d be able to get 2 in today.

• ifthethunder

Roth thinks the Colorado game will be late, but probably played…
    ~

• wmudude24

I get why DK wants to always start their main slate at 7:00 PM Eastern, but why wouldn’t they throw CHC-CLE and CIN;PIT into a turbo 2-gamer? Would it get that little action?

• ifthethunder

Vegas has the total of BALNYM at 7.5, which makes some sense. John Means coming off the no-no, Marcus Stroman is doing well, and it’s a pitcher’s ballpark. But the wind will be blowing out to right field at 13 mph…any concerns there?

P.S. I used to live in NYC. Went to Mets games. Even saw the Rolling Stones at Shea Stadium. All of that was a long time ago, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqBFNsrAKsQ
    ~

• Pandamonious

Anyone else surprised by some of these implied totals?

I know it’s cold in a lot of these cities tonight, but still find it interesting. Mainly :

Toronto only 4.5 vs Bryse Wilson and the Braves thus far, mediocre pen?

Cardinals only 3.3 runs vs Peralta. I guess this one is more debatable, but I’m not convinced Peralta is that lights out, and his issues with righty power, seem to line up with the Cards strength here.

Twins 3.7 runs. Cease has been strong this year, but are they really buying it this heavily? I know the Twins haven’t been thumping, but this seems a bit low or should we be playing Cease tonight at 7K on DK?

I don’t believe I’ve ever, ever seen the Rockies with an implied total below 4 runs in Coors. This one I kind of understand some, but still, kind of Surprising.

Lamet/Patino.. + BOMB Senzy!!!

• Pandamonious

@866 said...

Lamet/Patino.. + BOMB Senzy!!!

I’d be hesitant to use 2 pitchers who are likely to be pretty limited.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@dmsr320 said...

Why does DraftKings have doubleheader games in their main slates when they are only 7 innings??

The game in Coors is a 9 innings game… DHs tomorrow

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

I’d be hesitant to use 2 pitchers who are likely to be pretty limited.

That
    Plus Lamet IMO was making an effort to pitch more to contact instead of chasing the Ks in the last start and that can spell trouble in Coors

• yisman

@Pandamonious said...

I don’t believe I’ve ever, ever seen the Rockies with an implied total below 4 runs in Coors. This one I kind of understand some, but still, kind of Surprising.

Considering the Padres had Lamet on a 30 pitch count last start (they “forgot” to tell anyone about it), maybe 45-50 today?

edit:

I see SD -210 at DK with a game total of 9.5

• yisman

Baez scratched

• BiGtIGeRs

So many choices think I’m just going to eat the chalk

• Southie777

A Singer/Boyd pairing opens up a LOT of bats. Probably need some Tums, but it certainly COULD work out.

• BiGtIGeRs

@Pandamonious said...

Anyone else surprised by some of these implied totals?

I know it’s cold in a lot of these cities tonight, but still find it interesting. Mainly :

Toronto only 4.5 vs Bryse Wilson and the Braves thus far, mediocre pen?

Cardinals only 3.3 runs vs Peralta. I guess this one is more debatable, but I’m not convinced Peralta is that lights out, and his issues with righty power, seem to line up with the Cards strength here.

Twins 3.7 runs. Cease has been strong this year, but are they really buying it this heavily? I know the Twins haven’t been thumping, but this seems a bit low or should we be playing Cease tonight at 7K on DK?

Totals mean alot more in football and basketball. Totally irrelevant for baseball

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Padres placed Tatis, Profar and Mateo in the 10 day IL due to safety protocols

• yisman

Yankees COVID outbreak, game now at risk.

• ifthethunder

@Unico10 said...

Padres placed Tatis, Profar and Mateo in the 10 day IL due to safety protocols

Thanks for the heads up. I had Tatis in my classic lineups and in tiers.
    ~

• yisman

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/mlb/yankees/2021/05/11/new-york-yankees-coaches-covid-outbreak/5044074001/

According to ESPN’s Marly Rivera, five of the club’s coaches have tested positive for COVID-19 prior to the Yankees’ three-game series opener against the Tampa Bay Rays.

The Yankees traveling party arrived in the Tampa-St. Petersburg area Sunday night, following their game against the Washington Nationals.

Tuesday night’s series opener appeared to be in jeopardy. The Yankees were to open a 10-game, three-city road trip Tuesday at Tropicana Field.

• yisman

ByJamesWagner

Aaron Boone said Nevin is the only confirmed positive; other coaches/staff haven’t been confirmed. Boone said no players are involved, and that he expects the Yankees to play tonight.

• Tapindouble

where is the plateiq article for today??

• Pandamonious

@Tapindouble said...

where is the plateiq article for today??

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Ohtani doesn’t get hitter points right ?

• Tapindouble

weird that doesn’t show up for me anywhere on the site. thank you for the link

• Pandamonious

@Tapindouble said...

weird that doesn’t show up for me anywhere on the site. thank you for the link

Yeah, you have to scroll down on the MLB page, where it shows all the premium stuff for the day. Not sure why it’s not on the top part of the page.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).