8:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( -107 ) at Milwaukee ( -101 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 114 ) at Chi Sox ( -123 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Baltimore ( -104 ) at Kansas City ( -104 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 117 ) at St. Louis ( -127 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -200 ) at Colorado ( 183 ) —- T: 9
    9:40 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 124 ) at Arizona ( -134 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:07 PM EST : Detroit ( 126 ) at LA Angels ( -136 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:15 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 144 ) at SF Giants ( -156 ) —- T: 7

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• achubs

Was just looking at Shoemaker! I know it’s not the biggest sample size but DET has 78 AB/14 H/Zero HRs for a .179 against him. Also striking them out at about 25%. Sign me up!

• bigsmoot2

@Njsum1 said...

Im a dk player, yet I’d make two lineups then at those prices, 1 kershaw, 1 cueto. Don’t need your night ruined if one gets shelled, and both have the chance to do well together.

I’ve looked into this before….even though kershaws overall numbers are solid at Coors, hes been up and down, over there on the moon. Good games and bad ones, not even keeled. So I like him more for tournaments if he’s priced the same as Cueto.

For sure, I only do single entry GPP, but I do the different slates and will most likely be rolling both of them out.

• vandymark

I dont care if Kershaw is pitching at my local little league field, if he is under 10k he will be locked in my lineup!

• bigsmoot2

The Reds have solid numbers against Cueto though, and are also decent away from their home park.

I realize that park factor favors pitching, but I wonder if Cueto bounces back from his last start against them which was not good. The Giants are also not good defensively which does not help their pitchers either.

• bigsmoot2

@vandymark said...

I dont care if Kershaw is pitching at my local little league field, if he is under 10k he will be locked in my lineup!

That´s kinda how I am feeling tonight too, lol.

• Yacht67

Jordan Mont anybody? Petty contrarian tonight. Thoughts? Also where is the weather?

• vandymark

@bigsmoot2 said...

That´s kinda how I am feeling tonight too, lol.

I mean he is the best pitcher in baseball. We can’t let a field determine if we play him or not. The batters still have to put the ball in play, right?… or am I crazy?

• Njsum1

@bigsmoot2 said...

The Reds have solid numbers against Cueto though, and are also decent away from their home park.

I realize that park factor favors pitching, but I wonder if Cueto bounces back from his last start against them which was not good. The Giants are also not good defensively which does not help their pitchers either.

Cueto lit up the reds last start at Great American. 7 IP 2 ER and 10k. 27 dk points without the win. Yes they hit him well yet K at 30 percent. Dk has Cueto priced at 12.6, don’t mess with the DK algo, it is smarter than all mere mortals.

• SweeneyPhoto

@wolfpack8181 said...

Cinci/ SF game looks like a crazy wind, I will need to really think about pitching tonight.

Remember, AT&T park was designed to mitigate the effects of that wind, which is all to common in the city.

• Njsum1

@vandymark said...

Yes, but that would be a good matchup. In all seriousness though the price is tough to fade and he should be a very popular option tonight.

• Conrad

The wind blows out every single game at AT&T park. Every. Single. Game. That place is where offense goes to die. It has almost no effect on offensive production.

Also for whoever said Porcello doesn’t strike guys out, hes got 5 or more in every start this year. And the Rays strike out a lot. His bad start of the year was against them a month ago, Logan Morrison hit a pop up (in 28 other parks) for a grandslam right around Pesky pole. Porcello has pitched much better since that start with very little to show for it. I think hes one of the safest pitching options tonight. Will be cool 40’s/50’s. Fenway seems to always play more toward a pitchers park when its cool like that.

• SweeneyPhoto

@Conrad said...

The wind blows out every single game at AT&T park. Every. Single. Game. That place is where offense goes to die. It has almost no effect on offensive production.

Also for whoever said Porcello doesn’t strike guys out, hes got 5 or more in every start this year. And the Rays strike out a lot. His bad start of the year was against them a month ago, Logan Morrison hit a pop up (in 28 other parks) for a grandslam right around Pesky pole. Porcello has pitched much better since that start with very little to show for it. I think hes one of the safest pitching options tonight. Will be cool 40’s/50’s. Fenway seems to always play more toward a pitchers park when its cool like that.

Way to many barrels happening with Porcello and a couple of the Rays own him, I’m guessing you get 20 or so DK points for almost $10K. Have to pass on that.

• mrdaman

Who is a good option at catcher tonite?

• mabrla

@elementasrat said...

One of these days, you or I are gonna take down a GPP with a single lineup.

It’s happened before and will happen again. It’s coming. LETS GO!

• Ibleedblue1

With my usual single entries I hate stacking. I feel like thats a long shot to try and do that with just 1 LU.

• Lathum

@vandymark said...

I mean he is the best pitcher in baseball. We can’t let a field determine if we play him or not. The batters still have to put the ball in play, right?… or am I crazy?

Kershaw may have a masterpiece tonight, but its that kind of thinking that makes his ownership high and IMO a poor tournament play tonight.

9400 seems like a trap. At that price he will be high owned and if he does well you aren’t separating yourself from the field.

The problem with Kershaw in Coors is he depends on his breaking stuff. In the thin air at Coors those breaking pitches flatten out and are easier to hit.

• jtkucheck

@bigsmoot2 said...

The Giants defense was bad with Nunez or Belt playing LF and no Crawford. With Span and Crawford back, Belt goes back to 1B, Posey behind the plate, and hopefully Gorkys in LF, the defense is actually pretty damn good now.

Not to mention Blach had a way better start against the Reds a week later, would expect Cueto to show out on this Orange Friday.

• wolfpack8181

@SweeneyPhoto said...

Remember, AT&T park was designed to mitigate the effects of that wind, which is all to common in the city.

actually I did not know that. I learned something today.
    yippee
    and I appreciate the info. Will keep it in mind !

• WidumBoise

All the Kerdjaw.

• achubs

I’m liking Cueti a lot tonight but I’m also rolling out Feldman in a few LUs-he went 9 innings for 52 FD points just last week in CIN. Repeat performance? Unlikely but he good give you some nice upside with salary relief at that price.

• Conrad

I really don’t think Kershaw’s ownership will be that high tonight. Everyone will look to his last start and see those numbers at Coors and say next. Maybe i’m crazy. And its not like anyone is really talking him up today. Warm and wind blowing out. I can’t see his ownership being that high. Someone tell me why i’m wrong.

• Gheag2014

@mrdaman said...

Who is a good option at catcher tonite?

el oso blanco should be in the lineup

• Gheag2014

Stuck between Duffy and Roark as a gpp sp2

• Gheag2014

@Conrad said...

I really don’t think Kershaw’s ownership will be that high tonight. Everyone will look to his last start and see those numbers at Coors and say next. Maybe i’m crazy. And its not like anyone is really talking him up today. Warm and wind blowing out. I can’t see his ownership being that high. Someone tell me why i’m wrong.

he’s too expensive on DK. Last time he played in coors he was only 10k, I would be all over that again

• achubs

Liking Dietrich leading off tonight! Bour also in good spot for salary relief.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.