7:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 150 ) at Cleveland ( -163 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Houston ( 142 ) at Boston ( -154 ) —- T: 9
    8:05 PM EST : Toronto ( -115 ) at Texas ( 106 ) —- T: 10
    8:15 PM EST : Atlanta ( 150 ) at Kansas City ( -163 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:40 PM EST : NY Mets ( -114 ) at Colorado ( 105 ) —- T: 10
    9:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( -151 ) at Arizona ( 139 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 141 ) at Seattle ( -153 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( 107 ) at LA Dodgers ( -116 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• tarheelsrule44

I’m a programmer and I love sports. I just suck at dfs.

• tarheelsrule44

Longest top of the fifth ever in this Nats game.

• MisterMister

God Gio was out there half a decade and came away with 0 ER.

• Mccloud4203

well that wasnt wright..

• Ryazan

• x3

2015 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• x2

2015 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@mabrla said...

My post got cut off so I went back and fixed it, but yeah I’ve been trying to find weaknesses in their programs from a strategy standpoint.

the programs save them time, but the best way to counter that is play the high buy-in contests where the program-using cheaters can’t really do that (like the Slugger/Monster), too few lineups if the whole tourney is under 300 people. And yes, someone using a program to set their lineups is a cheater, and I don’t care about how much research they do before they click “run” on their little program.

I’m STILL waiting for regulation on this in my state (MA), it was all laid out like 4 months ago and still nothing. I’m not gonna lie, SaahilSud is someone I have ZERO respect for. He doesn’t set hit own lineups – end of story. I want him to NOT BE ABLE TO set so many goddamn lineups with his stupid little program. I appreciate the fact that he can get a good solid core down and set lineups around it…..but do it by hand, don’t CHEAT and let a program do it for you for your 500 lineups in the Slam.

If I enter a goddamn 500 lineups in the Slam, you be damn sure i’ll be entering them ONE BY ONE for 5 hours before lock, there is no “solver” helping me cheat.

• MisterMister

Jonesy, where ya been bud?

• yeahthisiscuddy

@Ryazan said...

the programs save them time, but the best way to counter that is play the high buy-in contests where the program-using cheaters can’t really do that (like the Slugger/Monster), too few lineups if the whole tourney is under 300 people. And yes, someone using a program to set their lineups is a cheater, and I don’t care about how much research they do before they click “run” on their little program.

I’m STILL waiting for regulation on this in my state (MA), it was all laid out like 4 months ago and still nothing. I’m not gonna lie, SaahilSud is someone I have ZERO respect for. He doesn’t set hit own lineups – end of story. I want him to NOT BE ABLE TO set so many goddamn lineups with his stupid little program. I appreciate the fact that he can get a good solid core down and set lineups around it…..but do it by hand, don’t CHEAT and let a program do it for you for your 500 lineups in the Slam.

If I enter a goddamn 500 lineups in the Slam, you be damn sure i’ll be entering them ONE BY ONE for 5 hours before lock, there is no “solver” helping me cheat.

Preach!

• kirby34

Paying up for pitching is actually working tonight for once.

• Markley

@Ryazan said...

i doubt saahilsud cares if you think he is a cheater – he’s too busy using 100$ bills to wipe his ass

• Ryazan

• x3

• x2

@yeahthisiscuddy said...

Preach!

I just don’t want ANYONE setting lineups through a goddamn program, is that so much to ask for? I don’t care if it gets 0 points, program automation is NOT in the spirit of DFS, it’s the DEATH of DFS (politicians will be happy to cling to that argument too)

When we used to have our NFL live drafts on yahoo/espn/cbs, didn’t we do EVERYTHING we could to make sure we didn’t miss it cuz it was the most exciting part of our freaking whole day? lol

I don’t want geeks with programs taking over fantasy sports. If anyone plays the same way “Saahil” does, then you should be ashamed of yourselves

• kirby34

@Ryazan said...

I just don’t want ANYONE setting lineups through a goddamn program, is that so much to ask for? I don’t care if it gets 0 points, program automation is NOT in the spirit of DFS, it’s the DEATH of DFS (politicians will be happy to cling to that argument too)

When we used to have our NFL live drafts on yahoo/espn/cbs, didn’t we do EVERYTHING we could to make sure we didn’t miss it cuz it was the most exciting part of our freaking whole day? lol

I don’t want geeks with programs taking over fantasy sports. If anyone plays the same way “Saahil” does, then you should be ashamed of yourselves

Agree. Setting lineups and doing research is more fun to me than watching the actual games.

• Markley

@Ryazan said...

haha you sound like the bully in middle school who would pick on the nerds and now you’re pissed they’re kicking your ass in the real world

• pulsar78

Donaldson with a big fat 0 right now. I’m getting on the edge of a tilt but still maintaining hope.
    If tonight is another dud from Toronto, no more of them for me until their bats wake up. Every time I’ve played them they’ve killed me.

• Ryazan

• x3

• x2

@Markley said...

i doubt saahilsud cares if you think he is a cheater – he’s too busy using 100$ bills to wipe his ass

i know he doesnt care, his cheating makes him rich and there’s no regulation lol. He’s a geek with money, good for him. he’s skirting around the rules, and I, like many people, logically don’t like him. I’m 100% sure that most pros dont like or respect him either. I spoke with Ehafner a few times last year, he told me that after he finishes his research, he sets all of his lineups by hand.

Do you see me saying anything bad about Ehafner?

saahil isn’t technically cheating because it’s not against the rules, but him (and anyone like him, sorry i can’t name names cuz no one else is so obvious) are pieces of crap. And if it’s not illegal for him (and others like him) to cheat the way he does, then it better damn not be illegal for me to point that out. And if this post gets removed from this forum, i’ll gladly take it up with my attorney general

• rdcrds

Sigh toronto tanking me :(

• Markley

@Ryazan said...

i know he doesnt care, his cheating makes him rich and there’s no regulation lol. He’s a geek with money, good for him. he’s skirting around the rules, and I, like many people, logically don’t like him. I’m 100% sure that most pros dont like or respect him either. I spoke with Ehafner a few times last year, he told me that after he finishes his research, he sets all of his lineups by hand.

Do you see me saying anything bad about Ehafner?

saahil isn’t technically cheating because it’s not against the rules, but him (and anyone like him, sorry i can’t name names cuz no one else is so obvious) are pieces of crap. And if it’s not illegal for him (and others like him) to cheat the way he does, then it better damn not be illegal for me to point that out. And if this post gets removed from this forum, i’ll gladly take it up with my attorney general

right but how do you propose for them to detect such “cheating”? how would they even know if an actual person was manually setting the lineups?

• Ryazan

• x3

• x2

let me be clear – him choosing good lineups isnt’ the cheating part, it’s the ability to use a program to set a TON of lineups when others can’t do that, THAT is the cheating part. And if all his lineups fail, it’s still cheating because he HAD an edge over all others even though it didn’t work out

• Ryazan

• x3

• x2

I’ll make this an issue if no one else wants to, i’ll be at the Playboy mansion in 3 weeks for MLB Fanduel, and anyone who talks to me, will only hear about this.

• Ryazan

• x3

• x2

@Markley said...

right but how do you propose for them to detect such “cheating”? how would they even know if an actual person was manually setting the lineups?

must be a way to see if lineups are being set in 20 second intervals or if 150 lineups are all being set in 1 second (like if im in a rush, I will set 15 lineups in 5 minutes, really fast 1 by 1)

• Daybo

@rdcrds said...

Sigh toronto tanking me :(

Yeah what the heck is going on in that game, one of the highest expected totals of the day and so far 0 runs through 5 innings

• Ryazan

• x3

• x2

@Markley said...

and I don’t mean in a global replace kind of way.

This is technology, there is a way to track everything.

EVERYTHING.

I could hire someone right now to tell me anything I wanna know about you lol

there’s always a damn way

• Markley

@Ryazan said...

must be a way to see if lineups are being set in 20 second intervals or if 150 lineups are all being set in 1 second (like if im in a rush, I will set 15 lineups in 5 minutes, really fast 1 by 1)

you could just put in a delay of 20 second into your program. there really is no public program to mass set draftkings lineups?

• Ryazan

• x3

• x2

@Daybo said...

Yeah what the heck is going on in that game, one of the highest expected totals of the day and so far 0 runs through 5 innings

huge low scoring night, it’s all a matter of a couple of HR’s and the landscape changes.

• MrMadness001

Damn Brew crew. Loading the bases up all night and doing zilch to capitalize on it.

• MrMadness001

Welp gotta take back my griping about Harper from before. He just went yard. Baseball is all about patience.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).