2:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 120 ) at Chi Sox ( -130 ) —- T: 7.5
    6:35 PM EST : SF Giants ( -151 ) at Pittsburgh ( 139 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : Oakland ( -102 ) at Boston ( -106 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -135 ) at Tampa Bay ( 125 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : Texas ( 170 ) at Houston ( -186 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:40 PM EST : Cincinnati ( -142 ) at Colorado ( 130 ) —- T: 11
    9:40 PM EST : Miami ( -114 ) at Arizona ( 105 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -135 ) at Seattle ( 115 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@yisman said...

Carty for years has been saying to stack against Lester.

Before this season he said Bumgarner is the worst pitcher in baseball.

His advanced analytics also graded Tatis and Acuna as mediocre prospects.

Probably best to ignore advanced analytics.

The advanced analytics should grade itself and show how often stacking against Lester/Bumgarner has worked in the last five years. Hint: not very often.

Didn’t know that about Carty with Lester, but I can for sure say I’ve lost way more money stacking against Lester, then I’ve made. His numbers, especially those advanced numbers always scream stack against him and they look more stackable every season, Usually you get some points, he gives up 3, maybe 4 runs, but it never works like you imagine it would.

• Pandamonious

@BiGtIGeRs said...

Stfu it’s baseball you moron and no team is really smashing this afternoon has nothing to do with an idiot who thinks his plays bring bad luck

Ah, relax man. Jayzee has a pretty strong track record of sucking. Unless this is like a burner account, you can see on his profile, the awfulness that permeates from his plays.

• yisman

@Pandamonious said...

Didn’t know that about Carty with Lester, but I can for sure say I’ve lost way more money stacking against Lester, then I’ve made. His numbers, especially those advanced numbers always scream stack against him and they look more stackable every season, Usually you get some points, he gives up 3, maybe 4 runs, but it never works like you imagine it would.

It’s been going on for five years. Every Lester start, Carty says to stack against him because all the analytics show that Lester is a horrible pitcher.

I can go find videos of GrindersLive from 2017 and 2018 backing this up.

Lester is no ace, but you’d think people would eventually catch on that no matter what the numbers say, stacking against Lester is not a +EV decision.

I did a Google search and this goes back to early in Lester’s career, actually:

https://tht.fangraphs.com/waiver-wire-american-league11/

• BiGtIGeRs

@Pandamonious said...

Ah, relax man. Jayzee has a pretty strong track record of sucking. Unless this is like a burner account, you can see on his profile, the awfulness that permeates from his plays.

Winning in dfs is hard but there is not point in squeaking everyday about how your cursed jayzee should find another hobby

• jayzee666

@Pandamonious said...

Damn st8!
    Haters gonna hate.
    I am here to help others. I squeak everyday so others can avoid good plays that are destined to bust.

I have no feelings to hurt and enjoy the fine words from others.

Cinc/Houston are my plays tonight.

• osuryanf

@BiGtIGeRs said...

Hopefully you didn’t listen to that idiot Detroit is optimal stack

Hopefully you didn’t listen to this idiot Detroit was definitely not the optimal stack

• jjwd

the beefs in here are making me laugh today! Luckily tonight we can all chill; just do 150 coors stacks, saahil sud style

• Pandamonious

@jjwd said...

the beefs in here are making me laugh today! Luckily tonight we can all chill; just do 150 coors stacks, saahil sud style

I think when he was around it was 300. It was that move to 150 that forced him to hang it up.

• jjwd

@Pandamonious said...

I think when he was around it was 300. It was that move to 150 that forced him to hang it up.

his story is really crazy in retrospect. Looks like he’s only playing small stakes soccer and golf now. But the coors game stack is not a bad strategy!

• Southie777

Reading more about this Logan Gilbert character, I might just go 100%. On FD, you can use him, game-stack Coors, and leave money on the table. Crazy. And on DK, I’m also all in.

• Pandamonious

@jjwd said...

his story is really crazy in retrospect. Looks like he’s only playing small stakes soccer and golf now. But the coors game stack is not a bad strategy!

Yeah, I’m not going to pretend to know much about his story. I know when I started playing he was “the guy” and was still maxdaluray or whatever it was, and pretty sure the limits were 300. Then he changed his name, the limits changed, he started his own website that I don’t think ever really took off. I remember a couple years later he had a deal with DK to use his site for something ( I don’t recall what ) and then DK backed out when people thought it was a conflict of interest. Anyway, it seemed like he went from everywhere to nowhere almost overnight. I think he backed down to only playing milly maker contests or something, then eventually nothing. Didn’t even realize he was still playing anything.

Anyway, yes, I agree its not a bad strategy. You could probably argue anytime something seems very safe and likely to hit, and there’s reason to have conviction on it, it can be worth going all in. Very hard to imagine the Reds just completely flopping here. Rockies shouldn’t either, but obviously don’t have the same likelihood as the Reds of putting up mega runs today.

• Pandamonious

@Southie777 said...

Reading more about this Logan Gilbert character, I might just go 100%. On FD, you can use him, game-stack Coors, and leave money on the table. Crazy. And on DK, I’m also all in.

Yeah, I’m doing 24 line ups on DK. Haven’t solidified how much of him I’ll have, but I will certainly have some, and yes, I’ll probably hedge with a Cleveland stack or two. Maybe something like 3 or 4 Lynch to 1 Cleveland stack. You just never know with these rookies. That Daniel Lynch from KC was supposed to be highly regarded as well, (still is of course ) but has been terrible in the bigs so far.

• BiGtIGeRs

Problem is panda everyone will be on cincy/col might be good to have a few low owned stacks just in case

• Pandamonious

@BiGtIGeRs said...

Problem is panda everyone will be on cincy/col might be good to have a few low owned stacks just in case

Not worried about that too much. Especially on a 6 game slate. You can stack them different ways, then yes pair them with a lower owned stack, or pitchers. With Moose, Suarez, and Senzel having multi-position eligibility it’ll lead to different looking stacks too. Just lots of ways to play the chalk.

• jjwd

@BiGtIGeRs said...

it’s a situation where you have to decide whether you’re playing for 1st place or not. If you’re playing for top 20%, coors stacks are +ev.

The 300 lineup saahil example is interesting because apparently with 300 lineups he could stack the chalk and still win tournaments.

• BiGtIGeRs

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, I’m doing 24 line ups on DK. Haven’t solidified how much of him I’ll have, but I will certainly have some, and yes, I’ll probably hedge with a Cleveland stack or two. Maybe something like 3 or 4 Lynch to 1 Cleveland stack. You just never know with these rookies. That Daniel Lynch from KC was supposed to be highly regarded as well, (still is of course ) but has been terrible in the bigs so far.

24 lineups in the 15$ 50k to 1st?

• Pandamonious

@BiGtIGeRs said...

24 lineups in the 15$ 50k to 1st?

Nah. I’m poor now. I play very small stakes. I’m like the super poor mans saahil sud.

• BiGtIGeRs

@Pandamonious said...

Not worried about that too much. Especially on a 6 game slate. You can stack them different ways, then yes pair them with a lower owned stack, or pitchers. With Moose, Suarez, and Senzel having multi-position eligibility it’ll lead to different looking stacks too. Just lots of ways to play the chalk.

I’ve been playing mlb too long to know that the expectations for games like col/cincy always disappoint with the score ending up 7-6 with 3 total homers

• BiGtIGeRs

@Pandamonious said...

Nah. I’m poor now. I play very small stakes. I’m like the super poor mans saahil sud.

you’ll end up like me homeless and still playing dfs, it’s my crack

• Pandamonious

@BiGtIGeRs said...

I’ve been playing mlb too long to know that the expectations for games like col/cincy always disappoint with the score ending up 7-6 with 3 total homers

Of course that happens. I also know, and you do too, that sometimes a team is supposed to smash, and they do, and sometimes even exceed expectations, like by scoring 15 runs instead of 10.

• Southie777

@Pandamonious said...

Yep, definitely plenty of paths to failure, I just feel like this is one of the more can’t miss Coors slates in a while (especially the Reds’ side, MOSTLY the Reds’ side for me). Believe me, I’m usually looking for reasons to fade Coors. (Also, know that I’m not sure I’ve ever gotten Coors right, so I’m sure it’ll be a 2-1 game.) At the very least, I’ll still have hope until at least 10 PM EST!

• BiGtIGeRs

@Pandamonious said...

I’m homeless and instead of wasting all my money on a apartment I get to spend it on big tournaments hoping for a win one day

• Pandamonious

@BiGtIGeRs said...

I’m homeless and instead of wasting all my money on a apartment I get to spend it on big tournaments hoping for a win one day

What? I’m supposed to believe you live on the street or in your car, so that you can play DFS with a bigger bankroll?

• Southie777

(Also, it’s gonna be really fun when I finally have a good Coors night and then Gilbert gets shelled because he’s a rookie making his first MLB start.)

• BiGtIGeRs

@Pandamonious said...

What? I’m supposed to believe you live on the street or in your car, so that you can play DFS with a bigger bankroll?

Yup it’s my style I love dfs like I said it gives me a rush like no other

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).