2:15 PM EST : Baltimore ( — ) at Kansas City ( — ) —- T: 0
    3:05 PM EST : Oakland ( 111 ) at Texas ( -120 ) —- T: 9.5
    3:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -130 ) at Colorado ( 120 ) —- T: 10.5
    3:37 PM EST : Detroit ( -130 ) at LA Angels ( 120 ) —- T: 8
    4:05 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 126 ) at SF Giants ( -137 ) —- T: 8
    4:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 116 ) at Arizona ( -126 ) —- T: 9
    7:05 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 181 ) at Washington ( -197 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:35 PM EST : Houston ( 115 ) at NY Yankees ( -125 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

Ugly weather in Boston. Too bad.

• Njsum1

My 2 favorite types of posts once contests have begun:

1). Someone makes a horrible, excuse me…contrarian, low percentage play, then comes on the board to complain, while seeming utterly shocked, that the play didn’t work out.

2). Poster makes no mention pre lock about a certain scarcely owned, complete dart throw play, then comes on here and brags like he had this guy everywhere when said player goes off for a big game.

Just found these types of posts to be common and somewhat amusing, thought I’d share.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@Epignosis said...

Roth disagrees. Nice.

Edit: Wolter disagrees.

Although I’m not sure why the weather report says “Updated at 10:50am EST.” If they are from the future, these weather guys are probably going to take down every GPP today…

• migarvin99

@Njsum1 said...

1). Someone makes a horrible, excuse me…contrarian, low percentage play, then comes on the board to complain, while seeming utterly shocked, that the play didn’t work out.

2). Poster makes no mention pre lock about a certain scarcely owned, complete dart throw play, then comes on here and brags like he had this guy everywhere when said player goes off for a big game.

Just found these types of posts to be common and somewhat amusing, thought I’d share.

True to an extent I mean the way MLB DFS has been this year is the low 2k – high 2k OFs that RG lineup optimizer throws out are chalk and the other 100 OFs playing that day would be what you consider contrarian or horrible.

Like David Peralta 88% owned yesterday wtf?

• Dirt_Lavert

@Epignosis said...

I live about about 15 minutes out in the burbs it’s not a pleasant day lol. Been raining all morning. Going to avoid the whole game for this early slate here. Might avoid NYY too. Not sure yet.

Who you liking today Epi? I think I might just teamstack CHW. Seems like a good opportunity although they could be pretty chalky. They’re just the white sox and nobody seems to really ever play this.

With the Weaver mu I think everyone will have to look at them.

• Njsum1

@migarvin99 said...

True to an extent I mean the way MLB DFS has been this year is the low 2k – high 2k OFs that RG lineup optimizer throws out are chalk and the other 100 OFs playing that day would be what you consider contrarian or horrible.

Like David Peralta 88% owned yesterday wtf?

Not really what I was talking about. I was referring more to the reaction (disbelief) of the poster, that the low percentage play didn’t work out. That’s why they’re low percentage, meaning more often than not they won’t work. And when I say a play is horrible, meaning the only merit IMO is low ownership, I’m referring to my opinion of the play, not the RG optimizer.

Also as you know, good plays don’t always work out, which is why not so good plays, that maybe hit 1 in 50 could be good if certain circumstances. Also Peralta was a fantastic play yesterday, excluding ownership,. Just didn’t work out.

• wolfpack8181

David Peralta was an obvious pick for many. Cheap ,Arizona had high run total, Batted 2nd in order, Usually does well against righties, plus a few other stats.
    Prob didn’t need an optimizer to use him.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Who you liking today Epi?

I am locking in Curtis Granderson.

• SweeneyPhoto

@Epignosis said...

Yah, it’s gross, just took the dog for a walk and got soaked from the shoulders down… and I had a big umbrella!

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@SweeneyPhoto said...

Yah, it’s gross, just took the dog for a walk and got soaked from the shoulders down… and I had a big umbrella!

I can’t tell- is the weather report on Rotogrinders right now from yesterday?

• Njsum1

@Epignosis said...

I am locking in Curtis Granderson.

He’s been playing better lately, is playing in a favorable park, and the BVP is certainly enticing, Im going to have some Grandy as well. Good luck all today!

• SweeneyPhoto

@Epignosis said...

I can’t tell- is the weather report on Rotogrinders right now from yesterday?

Yes, that’s yesterday’s report.

The park by park info below is correct though

• firepimp

I don’t like this weather guy nor trust him. Roth needs to stop taking so much time off lol.

I’ll be following wunderground and the old faithful baseball data. I’m actually fading 3 games from this slate.

Here’s the link if you want some decent weather data.
    http://dailybaseballdata.com/cgi-bin/weather.pl

• firepimp

@Njsum1 said...

I havn’t seen to many “asshole” type of posts lately ot whining or guys pounding their chest in an ignorant way lately. Thats normally in the NBA forums.

Alot of people stay quiet about their picks or 1 off punt they liked or had a “sure thing” on because 1000’s and 1000’s of people read these forums daily without ever commenting. As well alot of people play head to heads and if I’m playing you in a head to head and I see you posted about your lineup or a guy before start I’ll just go and pick that guy or squad up to negate both our points. Or fade the same guy/guy’s to go against you. All anyone ever has to do to read your posts is to search your name on here and it shows all your comments.

Every tidbit counts especially if you’re playing to build a bankroll.

I enjoy everyone posting before or after locks and I share what I can and help out with what I can but even I have to stay quiet about things and I also make fun of myself quite a bit for smart or dumb plays on stuff.

But hey let’s make a passive aggressive condescending comment on people posting and keeping the forums active in some sort of way even if it is to say what they had or didn’t have or whatever they want.

• laser1000000

@Dirt_Lavert said...

I live about about 15 minutes out in the burbs it’s not a pleasant day lol. Been raining all morning. Going to avoid the whole game for this early slate here. Might avoid NYY too. Not sure yet.

That forecast is from yesterday. It’s a beautiful day in NYC today.

• hcassidy

Afternoon pitching looks like landmine’s all around. I don’t feel comfortable picking one of them, let alone 2.

• IronMonkey415

Beautiful enough to call it a SEVERINO day and go all in with him?

• alederer

Im all on this Mets stack.

• NYGfan1983

Im liking the Yankees today heavy at least 4 LUs. with Severino and a 4/5 stack Yankees….

also like Bal to explode against Young today …

• dogfaced

@firepimp said...

Here’s the link if you want some decent weather data.
    http://dailybaseballdata.com/cgi-bin/weather.pl

Nice info thanks fire on the weather thanks fire!

• NYGfan1983

Ian Happ back 2 back days with Homer for the Roook?

• NYGfan1983

@dogfaced said...

Nice info thanks fire on the weather thanks fire!

thanks Sir

• hcassidy

Firepimp, your the Rays fan, Correct? The Indians released their L/U today already and they have a Daniel Robertson batting 7th, that’s not the same person from the Rays is it? I seen no info on him ever being released.

• Yacht67

Weather?

• Njsum1

@firepimp said...

I havn’t seen to many “asshole” type of posts lately ot whining or guys pounding their chest in an ignorant way lately. Thats normally in the NBA forums.

Alot of people stay quiet about their picks or 1 off punt they liked or had a “sure thing” on because 1000’s and 1000’s of people read these forums daily without ever commenting. As well alot of people play head to heads and if I’m playing you in a head to head and I see you posted about your lineup or a guy before start I’ll just go and pick that guy or squad up to negate both our points. Or fade the same guy/guy’s to go against you. All anyone ever has to do to read your posts is to search your name on here and it shows all your comments.

Every tidbit counts especially if you’re playing to build a bankroll.

I enjoy everyone posting before or after locks and I share what I can and help out with what I can but even I have to stay quiet about things and I also make fun of myself quite a bit for smart or dumb plays on stuff.

But hey let’s make a passive aggressive condescending comment on people posting and keeping the forums active in some sort of way even if it is to say what they had or didn’t have or whatever they want.

Jeez man, take it easy. I’m not talking about people making fun of themselves for good or bad plays. I was referring to being amused when someone knowingly makes a lower percentage play then acts shocked when the play doesn’t work out. I also never said such posts are wrong as people can feel free to post whatever they want. I just said that I find it amusing that active DFS players are shocked when low percentage plays don’t work out, as they should know, as I do and most do, when they make low percentage plays, that most times they won’t work out.

Second, I’m well aware that people keep plays to themselves and the reasons why. I was referring to situations where it seems to me that the poster clearly didn’t play this player or had him in 1 out of 100 lineups, and comes on here acting like he was all in. I agree I enjoy all posts, and wasn’t trying to be passive aggressive or dissuade anyone from sharing/posting, just sometimes I feel the need to call shannigans on the general practice of being disingenuous (without alienating someone by calling them out specifically).

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.