2:15 PM EST : Baltimore ( — ) at Kansas City ( — ) —- T: 0
    3:05 PM EST : Oakland ( 111 ) at Texas ( -120 ) —- T: 9.5
    3:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -130 ) at Colorado ( 120 ) —- T: 10.5
    3:37 PM EST : Detroit ( -130 ) at LA Angels ( 120 ) —- T: 8
    4:05 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 126 ) at SF Giants ( -137 ) —- T: 8
    4:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 116 ) at Arizona ( -126 ) —- T: 9
    7:05 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 181 ) at Washington ( -197 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:35 PM EST : Houston ( 115 ) at NY Yankees ( -125 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic ā€“ MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• MoMo662

@mabrla said...

Just blow the win already Mets.

There you go :-)

• mabrla

And there it is. The reason I haven’t rostered a Mets pitcher all season. I’ll most likely be stacking AZ bats against them tomorrow. Horrible.

• Heterodox

@Epignosis said...

I had my lowest score ever last night.

I had a lineup last year that scored 12 total DK points. Can you beat that?

• mabrla

If Duda hits a bomb I’ll be heated bc the whole deGrom fiasco plus those points would have put me top 30.

• tmarohl

I am just stacking the Brewers everyday, no matter who is pitching against them. They are probably the best hitting team right now in the NL behind Washington. Lead the league in HR’s. Steal bases.

• NYGfan1983

bad day to fade Indians …..

• mabrla

@Heterodox said...

I had a lineup last year that scored 12 total DK points. Can you beat that?

I went 3 years playing every week in PGA without ever getting a 6/6, and have a -99% roi over that timespan to date now with a single 6/6 and one min cash.

That count?

I once min cashed on Max’s 20k game with 8 walks total from my team and nothing else. Worse my bats have ever done.

• IronMonkey415

And here I thought Cubs would come in and destroy Wainwright.

• SkateFiend

Even though bad outings by Severino and other value pitchers hurt me, I’m kinda glad that the regression bug is finally starting to bite some pretenders. I’m tired of seeing people winning money on easy stacks by punting on pitching.

• mabrla

On to tomorrow.

• Conrad

Was Gio the highest scoring pitcher in the early slate on FD with 34 points? Wow.

• Heterodox

@mabrla said...

That count?

That’s ugly. I don’t even know PGA, but I know that’s ugly.

• mabrla

@Heterodox said...

That’s ugly. I don’t even know PGA, but I know that’s ugly.

Not a single entry sport. That I know for sure. But it’s worth the price of admission just to follow it at work Thursday and Friday.

• Heterodox

@SkateFiend said...

Iā€™m tired of seeing people winning money on easy stacks by punting on pitching.

Why? Why do you have this bias against punting on pitching? People always look at struggling pitchers to find stacks to target, especially if there’s value involved, because that’s what touts tell them to do. Do it the other way around though, and those same people will piss and moan that someone’s “getting lucky” or “regression will get you eventually”.

• Heterodox

What a gutless team the Red Sox are. But they’re just good enough not to fire the useless, bullshitting manager.

• firepimp

Damn the rays and boston game played and my rays scored 11. I need to see who did what.

I scored 170 on the early slate good enough to cash me in all 5 GPP play. I’ll take it and on to tomorrow

• hcassidy

So tonight, take the 2 chalks or 1 chalk and a reliever and load up on bats?

• Bay101

So tilted right now. 124.60 cash line for $50 tournament. I end up 124.55. WTF

• NYGfan1983

@Bay101 said...

So tilted right now. 124.60 cash line for $50 tournament. I end up 124.55. WTF

mee tooooooo oh my.. it sucks..

must be the Bay Area air…

• Bay101

Tomorrow another day

• SweeneyPhoto

The Sox/Rays took over 4.5 hours, totally ridiculous, pitchers on both teams were moving in slow motion between pitches.

The MLB really needs to clean that crap up, no reason for it.

• Jacobkaiser1325

Anyone know a pitcher on DK that I can use for $0, or like 3K for the late slate?

• Jacobkaiser1325

Betances is probably the best reliever option, so I’m down to either Verlasquez/Tanaka or Schezer/Betances, who do you guys think?

• SkateFiend

@Heterodox said...

Why? Why do you have this bias against punting on pitching? People always look at struggling pitchers to find stacks to target, especially if there’s value involved, because that’s what touts tell them to do. Do it the other way around though, and those same people will piss and moan that someone’s “getting lucky” or “regression will get you eventually”.

Because if that was the norm, the game would involve even less skill.

At DK you can actually pay up for decent pitching and stack a decent offense. I stacked Chisox today, the brewers yesterday, and I’ve stacked the Dbacks and Yanks a few times. I didn’t win tons of money, but right now it gets result consistently.

I seriously doubt that people actually stack “strategically” right now. Unless the opposing pitcher facing a top tier offense is a little under Kershaw, there’s very little reason not to stack against him.

The rule of thumb on MLB DFS is to pay up for pitching because it’s the more consistent source of points. If you pay for pitching, then you need to take chance on some parts of the offense. If you want punt pitching and stack hitters to catch lightning in bottle, then you assume other risks.

Like I said, in GPPs I chase values and matchups like everyone. But the game is less fun when more random risks pays off more consistently than not.

• ezreads

Tanaka, Velasquez nuff said.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).