2:15 PM EST : Baltimore ( — ) at Kansas City ( — ) —- T: 0
    3:05 PM EST : Oakland ( 111 ) at Texas ( -120 ) —- T: 9.5
    3:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -130 ) at Colorado ( 120 ) —- T: 10.5
    3:37 PM EST : Detroit ( -130 ) at LA Angels ( 120 ) —- T: 8
    4:05 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 126 ) at SF Giants ( -137 ) —- T: 8
    4:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 116 ) at Arizona ( -126 ) —- T: 9
    7:05 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 181 ) at Washington ( -197 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:35 PM EST : Houston ( 115 ) at NY Yankees ( -125 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Gheag2014

Goin Scherzer/Morton

• hcassidy

I am going Tanaka and Chad Green, he threw in the 1st game.

• firepimp

@SkateFiend said...

Because if that was the norm, the game would involve even less skill.

At DK you can actually pay up for decent pitching and stack a decent offense. I stacked Chisox today, the brewers yesterday, and I’ve stacked the Dbacks and Yanks a few times. I didn’t win tons of money, but right now it gets result consistently.

I seriously doubt that people actually stack “strategically” right now. Unless the opposing pitcher facing a top tier offense is a little under Kershaw, there’s very little reason not to stack against him.

The rule of thumb on MLB DFS is to pay up for pitching because it’s the more consistent source of points. If you pay for pitching, then you need to take chance on some parts of the offense. If you want punt pitching and stack hitters to catch lightning in bottle, then you assume other risks.

Like I said, in GPPs I chase values and matchups like everyone. But the game is less fun when more random risks pays off more consistently than not.

I “punt” on pitching all the time since I actually know and study the pitchers and have seen what they can possibly do against certain situations and why not cross your fingers and hope they get 20 or better. It’s seriously how I win most of my money

• hcassidy

Tilting so playing a reliever that already threw for the 0. Watched my winnings go from about 1k down to 5.90 because of late inning stuff from Whitesox and Brewers.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@Jacobkaiser1325 said...

Betances is probably the best reliever option, so I’m down to either Verlasquez/Tanaka or Schezer/Betances, who do you guys think?

I did 31 lineups for the late slate, almost all of them Betances and Scherzer.

I have had the best week of my DFS experience, followed by the worst weekend. Might as well cap off the roller coaster ride by going all in on a relief pitcher and loading up on bats.

Fun stuff, this.

• hcassidy

@SkateFiend said...

Because if that was the norm, the game would involve even less skill.

At DK you can actually pay up for decent pitching and stack a decent offense. I stacked Chisox today, the brewers yesterday, and I’ve stacked the Dbacks and Yanks a few times. I didn’t win tons of money, but right now it gets result consistently.

I seriously doubt that people actually stack “strategically” right now. Unless the opposing pitcher facing a top tier offense is a little under Kershaw, there’s very little reason not to stack against him.

The rule of thumb on MLB DFS is to pay up for pitching because it’s the more consistent source of points. If you pay for pitching, then you need to take chance on some parts of the offense. If you want punt pitching and stack hitters to catch lightning in bottle, then you assume other risks.

Like I said, in GPPs I chase values and matchups like everyone. But the game is less fun when more random risks pays off more consistently than not.

1 week in a row paying up for pitching the ‘Chalk’ I haven’t cashed because ‘Chalk’ has been getting lit up. So that blows your whole thing out the water. Case in point Ray ‘Chalk’ jacked up, Quintana jacked up, Severino jacked. That is just from today. Roark yesterday was the Chalk of Chalk and the Phillies bottom half(maybe 28) was to dominate in 6 starts ERA at .86 prior to yesterday. He got Jacked.

• hcassidy

@Epignosis said...

I did 31 lineups for the late slate, almost all of them Betances and Scherzer.

I have had the best week of my DFS experience, followed by the worst weekend. Might as well cap off the roller coaster ride by going all in on a relief pitcher and loading up on bats.

Fun stuff, this.

Phillies actually have success against Scherzer why I went Tanaka and Green. will see if it pays off

• hcassidy

I do find it funny that Andres Blanco is higher owned than Trea Turner in the 4K Moonshot.

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

@hcassidy said...

Phillies actually have success against Scherzer why I went Tanaka and Green. will see if it pays off

Odúbel Herrera was on my radar. I have him in a few.

• hcassidy

@Epignosis said...

Odúbel Herrera was on my radar. I have him in a few.

no Herrera for me, OF is Harper, Gardner & Springer, (hoping Springer does a Carp in late night and hits one) Carpenter was 0’fer against Jake and he Donged.

• hcassidy

my 3 lowest owned, Springer 12.5% Turner 12.3% and Green .1%

• murphstahoe

@hcassidy said...

yelp

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

Of course, I have Springer in just a few and Reddick in maybe one. Figures.

• mabrla

Correa’s mustache is breathtaking.

• hcassidy

@murphstahoe said...

yelp

yep kicking me in the ass right now disappointed in him. Another Chalk getting the ass blaster colon cleanse.

• elmore0631

YEA BREGMAN.
    50/50 and I got it right

• rocketman828

What a piece of trash Tanaka is doesn’t he know it’s Jeter night. Not my night now!

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

So…all one had to do was stack Houston? All right then.

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

Had a nice sweat this afternoon while at work. Finished 9th in the main slate $2 bunt and led it for part of the afternoon. If Nats don’t blow Gio’s, I’d have finished 6th. Plus Brantley gave me a zero. Almost had it.

• TeamTwerk

Bregman is 45% and Rendon is 35% in the late moonshot. 20% punted with a non-starter at 3rd base?

• Gheag2014

Bregman doin it for his hero jeter!!!

• Gheag2014

so holiday is 51% in the slider but George is 14% lol I’ll take it

• elmore0631

Springer another bomb. Dang.

• ezreads

sooo tanaka, why did I pick him again? oh right, 7 ER’s, 6 HA. boy what a doozy that is, guess someone should let him know its the yankee’s he’s playing tonight

• murphstahoe

Going all day in on Tanakas next start ;)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler