1:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( -110 ) at Tampa Bay ( 100 ) —- T: 7.5
    2:10 PM EST : Atlanta ( 103 ) at Milwaukee ( -112 ) —- T: 7
    2:10 PM EST : Texas ( 172 ) at Houston ( -189 ) —- T: 8
    2:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 150 ) at Chi Sox ( -164 ) —- T: 8
    2:10 PM EST : Oakland ( -101 ) at Minnesota ( -107 ) —- T: 8.5
    3:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( -112 ) at Colorado ( 103 ) —- T: 11.5
    4:10 PM EST : Washington ( -103 ) at Arizona ( -105 ) —- T: 9
    7:08 PM EST : St. Louis ( 116 ) at San Diego ( -126 ) —- T: 7

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• BiGtIGeRs

@jayzee666 said...

Phillies are hot garbage. The reaper does not even see them as a challenge. I am busy sucking the life out of the other teams playing today!!
    I actually should stack the Phillies every day just so I don’t hurt the rest of the league!

The Phillies were not optimal you just suck at drafting

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@jayzee666 said...

Phillies are hot garbage. The reaper does not even see them as a challenge. I am busy sucking the life out of the other teams playing today!!
    I actually should stack the Phillies every day just so I don’t hurt the rest of the league!

Nick Maton with his first 2 career HRs…. lol…. #9 hitter owned by nobody

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Ynoa and Stroman looked like good options on paper.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Ynoa and Stroman looked like good options on paper.

Ynoa has the Ks but has been BABIP’d lots of weak singles, deflections, etc…. the pitch to Vogelbach was a mistake, Narvaez is a just a tough out and good hitter.
    Definitely not a pitcher I see well… played him on his only bad day and today which is going to be a blah start at best
    Stroman I don’t like and almost never play since he was still in TOR… didn’t even look at him as I always do so I wouldn’t even have an opinion

Braves need to get to Peralta a bit or high finishes are out of the question and could even just take lineups out of cash all by himself

Edit: 2 run shot again…. smh…. day done
    On to the big Monday slates

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

@Unico10 said...

Stroman I don’t like and almost never play since he was still in TOR… didn’t even look at him as I always do so I wouldn’t even have an opinion

Don’t play Stroman much myself, but he’s been sharp. Should be “safe.” Rays should have boosted his K count. I’m also a sucker for pitchers in Bill Miller umped games.

• jayzee666

@BiGtIGeRs said...

The Phillies were not optimal you just suck at drafting

I have seen some of your “optimal” picks. If optimal is defined as average.
    Read my posts as I stated I did NOT draft Phillies.

Other than that you are awesome!!

• jayzee666

@Unico10 said...

Nick Maton with his first 2 career HRs…. lol…. #9 hitter owned by nobody

He was “optimal”!

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Don’t play Stroman much myself, but he’s been sharp. Should be “safe.” Rays should have boosted his K count. I’m also a sucker for pitchers in Bill Miller umped games.

Hear you. Not saying it was a bad pick, just didn’t even consider him because of my bias

Interesting point about umps. I used to look at the UMPs a lot… now I look only to avoid the EH umps if it’s a tossup between two similar choices…. I think there is definitely something to it but also there is a lot of nuisance. I think the same ump can be more of a pitcher ump depending on the pitch mix (inside vs outside, breaking balls mix, etc) I don’t see it as a black and white thing

• jayzee666

I do not suck at drafting. I suck the life out the players I draft! There is an important distinction and I am one of the best at doing so!

• yisman

Chris Taylor scratched right before first pitch

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

Nick Maton with 40fpts will likely be the highest scoring player on this slate at 2,200

2 HR
    1 Single
    4 RBI
    2 R
    1 SB

Or one could have played Kingery batting #8 that used to have some pop instead and get this line
    0-3
    3 Ks

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

@Unico10 said...

Nick Maton with 40fpts will likely be the highest scoring player on this slate at 2,200

2 HR
    1 Single
    4 RBI
    2 R
    1 SB

Or one could have played Kingery batting #8 that used to have some pop instead and get this line
    0-3
    3 Ks

I didn’t have much time today, so I basically did some quick “research” X’d out everything I didn’t like in LineuipHQ. Just maxed out exposures to hitters to 20%. Put ownership settings on my pitchers I did like. Then put a min 10% on hitters I knew I wanted to have. Didn’t mess with stacks or anything, and just let it run then tweaked till I happy.

Anyway, short version of this story is, I did end up with Maton in 1 lineup, but it won’t even cash ,as the other 7 hitters in my line up combined for only 1 more point than Maton scored, and Stroman was in that lineup.

• MickyD10970

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #67

RG Tiered Ranking

I gotta say so far Haniger is the most underpriced player on DK. He is always around 3900 and he is smashing this year. I play him a lot as a 1 off but did not today due to matchup with Bieber. Should have played him anyway. He should be 5000 and i bet will be soon.

• MickyD10970

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #67

RG Tiered Ranking

In hindsight I should have skipped the late slate.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

@MickyD10970 said...

I gotta say so far Haniger is the most underpriced player on DK. He is always around 3900 and he is smashing this year. I play him a lot as a 1 off but did not today due to matchup with Bieber. Should have played him anyway. He should be 5000 and i bet will be soon.

Yeah, there’s a few guys bizarrely priced on DK day after day, and he’s one of them. They just haven’t budged his priced at all. Adolis Garcia who I mentioned yesterday is another one. Guy didn’t play like the first week or two of the season, is still top 5-10 in HR’s (Haniger has the most by the way) and hitting in the .290’s and has been around 3K forever. I can’t think of anyone else off the top of my head, but there’s others who when you scroll through are averaging 8-9 FPPG, surrounded by guys averaging 4-5 FPPG, and their prices don’t move.

I’m guessing it’s more of a team thing than an individual player thing? I don’t know. It’s just weird. In the NBA if a player puts up a massive score 2 games in a row you see major price shifting, because they run on some kid of 3-5 game FPPG average formula, but in baseball it just seems like pricing is on cruise control.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

Uh oh. Draftkings AND Fanduel both running huge ,cheap buy in, top heavy 100K to 1st GPP’s tomorrow.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Uh oh. Draftkings AND Fanduel both running huge ,cheap buy in, top heavy 100K to 1st GPP’s tomorrow.

Gonna have to re-wire my strategy for that one and max it or skip it altogether
    We’ll see the pricing, weather, etc and decide if I want to try to beat 70000 or 800… !

• jjwd

@Pandamonious said...

death trap!

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

@Unico10 said...

Gonna have to re-wire my strategy for that one and max it or skip it altogether
    We’ll see the pricing, weather, etc and decide if I want to try to beat 70000 or 800… !

The positive of tomorrow’s slate is you have Cole against Texas for 10.9K to anchor your line ups. Darvish at 10.2 vs Colorado and Buehler at 10K against Zona. Kikuchi against the Tigers at 7.8K might be viable as an SP2. Mize 6.9K against Seattle if you’re feeling lucky.

Basically, you don’t have to throw darts at pitcher, and it looks like you can narrow your pitcher pool down considerably, which is helpful.

Looks like Angels and Yankees will be chalk. I think. Maybe Cleveland?

Sometimes they do these huge contests and they fall on days where the slate is pretty ugly, but this looks like it COULD be a good one.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

@jjwd said...

death trap!

They are. Back in my hay day though I somehow won one of those $5 super kunckleball contests, which has led me to believe I can do it again, which has cost me to waste more money than I probably should trying.

• Skee

Never played MLB, entered the single game almost solely based on batting order and average points, then swapped out captains to who I thought people would not pick as their top guys. Ended up with Edman and Carlson.

• Jeezylives

Let’s talk tomorrow’s slate.

I had 32 tickets redeemed for the 4$ 300k contest.

Generally I play 2-3 lineups, each lineup in a large field gpp, something like the $65 – entry or $12 – 5 max, some single entries and a bunch of penny satellites.

So with the 32 entry free roll, I’m gonna get goofy and play some lineups I would never play on a regular day.

Who’s got some goofy low owned plays or strategies ideas for yah boy

32 chances to beat 90,000 entries. Somebody’s gotta win.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #95

RG Tiered Ranking

I don’t really know what will be low owned for sure.

You could make an argument for stacking either side of the Tigers/Mariners game. At the same time, you could argue for using either pitcher. Indians, Angels, White Sox all make a ton of sense. Yankees will be huge chalk, I’d imagine. Twins stacks. Any of that Rangers power against Cole is interesting. Like, no one will play Gallo I don’t think.

Going underweight on Cole and overweight on Darvish or Buehler. Or going way over on that tier below (Gray, Mize, Fried) and hope they come close and the savings get you bats you needed.

It’s pretty wide open.

• Skee

Well I was tied for first after the first at bat. The pinnacle of my MLB DFS career.
    Edman goes 0 for 4, cmon man. I honestly only picked up a couple of points here and there besides the first at bat of the game. lol

I did also enter a 3 man snake draft and might win that. Have the guy who homered early.

• jjwd

@Skee said...

Edman goes 0 for 4, cmon man.

yep, guys will do that

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).