8:05 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 160 ) at Chi Cubs ( -174 ) —- T: —
    8:05 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 125 ) at Texas ( -135 ) —- T: 10
    8:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 129 ) at Minnesota ( -140 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -118 ) at Kansas City ( 109 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Boston ( -107 ) at St. Louis ( -101 ) —- T: 8
    10:07 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 152 ) at LA Angels ( -165 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 107 ) at Seattle ( -116 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 113 ) at San Diego ( -122 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• wad11

Really wanted to stack the cubs again tonight, but the weather is a little concerning.

• ehylton

All Giants are 1,500 on FD with the exception of the pitcher Cueto

• Njsum1

General opinion on arcade mode taking more or less skill then regular mode? I think it could be a little more of a skilled game as you can only have two hitters from the same team so you have to look a little more into the individual matchups and can’t just roll a 5 man stack out there against a weak pitcher. Thoughts?

• Percsalert

@Njsum1 said...

General opinion on arcade mode taking more or less skill then regular mode? I think it could be a little more of a skilled game as you can only have two hitters from the same team so you have to look a little more into the individual matchups and can’t just roll a 5 man stack out there against a weak pitcher. Thoughts?

I would say there is a lot more variance, but the skill level of both is simlar; just a bit different (and arcade mode is definitely simpler, likely easier to get good at).
    In regular mode, if you make solid teams with good matchups you are going to consistently put up good results. In arcade mode you only get 5 hitters, and home runs steals and rbi/runs are so magnified. Baseball already has a high amount of variance but having a grandslam being worth 70 points and a triple being 9 is going to lead to tons of variance. Same goes for pitching, like last night if you picked wrong between keuchel and darvish you were in pretty big trouble… Unless you had the guy who hit the grand slam!

• hautalak

@Njsum1 said...

I kind of think it goes down as a wash. With that being said, I like it a lot so far. I would say constructing a roster is more difficult because with an ace pitcher you have to throw some darts for bats because of pricing. And actually my “stacks” were what helped me profit. It was the DET/BAL game but that was a crazy high scoring game. Both my teams with Darvish cashed. I like how the leaderboards are so spread out and seems like ties are unlikely. I am going to keep playing and see if this “skill” or “luck” can continue.

• Conrad

192 on FD was not enough to cash in a double up last night. Crazy night indeed.

• Njsum1

@Percsalert said...

I would say there is a lot more variance, but the skill level of both is simlar; just a bit different (and arcade mode is definitely simpler, likely easier to get good at).
    In regular mode, if you make solid teams with good matchups you are going to consistently put up good results. In arcade mode you only get 5 hitters, and home runs steals and rbi/runs are so magnified. Baseball already has a high amount of variance but having a grandslam being worth 70 points and a triple being 9 is going to lead to tons of variance. Same goes for pitching, like last night if you picked wrong between keuchel and darvish you were in pretty big trouble… Unless you had the guy who hit the grand slam!

Good thoughts….I agree with you about the variance. Granted grand slams are of course unpredictable, and if youre lucky enough to get one youre almost guaranteed to cash. yet home runs and stolen bases can be somewhat predictable. So I guess if you’re good at predicting those two things you’ll probably be good at arcade mode.

• Njsum1

@hautalak said...

I kind of think it goes down as a wash. With that being said, I like it a lot so far. I would say constructing a roster is more difficult because with an ace pitcher you have to throw some darts for bats because of pricing. And actually my “stacks” were what helped me profit. It was the DET/BAL game but that was a crazy high scoring game. Both my teams with Darvish cashed. I like how the leaderboards are so spread out and seems like ties are unlikely. I am going to keep playing and see if this “skill” or “luck” can continue.

True, but with two man “stacks” a team could put up a bunch of runs and your guys have little to no part of it. It forces you to pick the right two. All in all I liked arcade mode and will likely divvy up my lineups between regular and arcade as there are aspects to both I like.

• bigsmoot2

Lots of good pitching choice early, with those Giants batters being $1500 on FD, could make things interesting.

• hautalak

@Njsum1 said...

True, but with two man “stacks” a team could put up a bunch of runs and your guys have little to no part of it. It forces you to pick the right two. All in all I liked arcade mode and will likely divvy up my lineups between regular and arcade as there are aspects to both I like.

It’s really easy to blow up trying to stack but I landed on a few of the right pieces. I’m heavier on the arcade mode today. I have nothing to back this up but I feel like it’s easier to compete against the MME guys here as well. I’m ready to see some huge scores when a “scrub” pitcher blows up and that person has all the right high end bats.

• DontTrustTheProcess

@bigsmoot2 said...

Lots of good pitching choice early, with those Giants batters being $1500 on FD, could make things interesting.

Some of those Giants have decent #‘s against Kershaw. For 1,500 I’ll definitly throw in some Posey

• bigsmoot2

@DontTrustTheProcess said...

Some of those Giants have decent #‘s against Kershaw. For 1,500 I’ll definitly throw in some Posey

How high owned do you think Kershaw will be early, I will most likely fade which will mean he will go 15 k CGSO.

Pretty sure I have played him every start this season, sans 1 or 2, and he has not been as dominant as years past.

• bigsmoot2

Might try to do three lineups early on the cheap sac fly on FD, McCullers, Kershaw and Cueto, I am guessing Cleveland will be the chalk early, although Cobb hasn’t been too bad.

• teachmehowtocutty

Why is the Wrigley weather concerning? Weather channel shows a 15% chance of rain with warm temps and high winds blowing out.

• Brenmike922

Gonna take a stab at the 4 game early slate on FD and stack TAM/CLE hitters and throw in Posey for 1500

• IronMonkey415

Dickerson and Springer batting first could be a start of a lineup I’m creating.

• sharksbay

@Brenmike922 said...

Gonna take a stab at the 4 game early slate on FD and stack TAM/CLE hitters and throw in Posey for 1500

Fanduel screwed this up bad. I get discounts on hitter but at 1500 posey will be 90 percent owned

• Ibleedblue1

@Conrad said...

192 on FD was not enough to cash in a double up last night. Crazy night indeed.

Very crazy night. I scored a 168 and didnt cash a single thing…… had a negative 11 from my pitcher. LOL

• murphstahoe

@hautalak said...

They have this going for the two game early slate.

There is no way you can use McCullers. You will lose bad, cant fit in 5 bats, probably not even 4.

Last night I had Darvish, who was pretty much the best pitcher on the slate. All of my batters save one outscored him, Marisnick and Davis more than doubled his score. A single home run was worth 2/3 of what Darvish put up.

So I just grabbed “someone” and stacked the bats. Punting a player is death, you need to have 3-4 HR’s to be in the $ so if you have 2 that can’t, you lose.

There is skill, it’s a different skill, but it’s very simplistic, I don’t like it. Last night seemed interesting and I spent time on it but there was room to move because Ian Happ was $5500.

• demato320

Mcullers is a great play on FD. Also, I recommend Astro hitters: Gattis, Gurriel, Altuve, and Springer. All are great plays. Jose Urena has reverse splits and has been awful at home vs RHB.

• strassnerte

Early 2 game arcade decision. Go McCullers with weak bats or go Tomlin with strong bats?

• sharksbay

Tomlin will get blown up.

• demato320

McCullers with Gattis, Gurriel and Marisnek

• hautalak

@murphstahoe said...

There is skill, it’s a different skill, but it’s very simplistic, I don’t like it. Last night seemed interesting and I spent time on it but there was room to move because Ian Happ was $5500.

I agree but after 1 night I like it. Rostered Barnhart at $3500 because he was all I could fit and he put up 45.7 so that was alright. I think I might just like it because it’s “new” and the edge is limited for people currently until they get a few slates under their belt.

• Bentbake

According to FD the salaries for Giants players aren’t a mistake. It is something they are testing out. I asked him if this means people who face Sale would be 1,500 and he said that’s a good possibility. Interesting

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.