7:07 PM EST : Oakland ( 109 ) at Toronto ( -118 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 152 ) at Boston ( -165 ) —- T: 9
    7:15 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 118 ) at St. Louis ( -128 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:35 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -112 ) at Atlanta ( 104 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Texas ( -126 ) at Chi Sox ( 116 ) —- T: 9
    10:07 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 140 ) at LA Angels ( -152 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 150 ) at Seattle ( -163 ) —- T: 8
    10:15 PM EST : Colorado ( 127 ) at SF Giants ( -138 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Jeddy3

I never thought in 2018 that Cole Hamels would be the highest priced pitcher on a slate.

• Njsum1

@Jeddy3 said...

I never thought in 2018 that Cole Hamels would be the highest priced pitcher on a slate.

Odd slate we got here tonight. No aces on the mound, yet there aren’t many awesome hitting spots either. There are some good hitting spots, yet I see a lot of weak pitcher in pitchers park type scenarios. Or decent pitcher in hitters parks. Nothing jumps out as of yet.

Hamels hasn’t been half bad this year. He faced some tough matchups and has done well. So that means he’ll probably get rocked tonight in an easier one. 😰

• Kuchhhh86

Hitters slate

• superjon

I like Hammels and Price on FD

Mix with a Cards stack and Freeman

• bucherpsu08

I may go 100% on Archer on DK.

• Brandon6385

@superjon said...

Good luck with that…. Not playing Hammels or Price..

• Jeddy3

@superjon said...

A min-stack against Hamels looks like the play to me. Abreu, Davidson, and beef.

• rickkain29

Pitching tonight is AWFUL

• GMen813

A lot of odd projected run lines here tonight. Maybe I’m missing something with weather or another variable but some spots to jump on in my opinion for hitters.

• Semaj89

Anybody mind having a discussion on umpire data? I dont think I’m reading swish analytics page correctly.

For example Bill Miller is known as an extreme pitchers ump correct? While he does offer an 18% K boost, everything else is pretty near the mean. He suppresses walks by 17%, and offensive stats (R, BA, OBP, SLG) by an average of 5%.

18% more K’s and 17% less walks are pretty extreme I suppose. So I guess those two areas are where we should put the most emphasis correct?

• Njsum1

@Jeddy3 said...

A min-stack against Hamels looks like the play to me. Abreu, Davidson, and beef.

It may work cause those guys can hit lefties for power, yet I don’t think Hamels will be the chalk, so if you’re simply looking for a leverage play against the chalk pitcher, I’m not sure a WSox stack will have the desired effect.

• bucherpsu08

I don’t see any chalk pitchers on this slate.

• ripking

Seems like a good day to play both pitchers on the early morning showdown. What hitters to take though?

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@ripking said...

Seems like a good day to play both pitchers on the early morning showdown. What hitters to take though?

I ended up with both pitchers as well as Turner/Bour

• lindsay

@TnRiddles said...

I ended up with both pitchers as well as Turner/Bour

how is that even possible? doesn’t leave you enough salary

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@lindsay said...

how is that even possible? doesn’t leave you enough salary

ofc it does , I had 1300 left over as a matter of fact

• Mcdonacr

whoever the “chalk” pitcher is going to be go ahead and stack the other side

The Braves are going to light up Lester tonight so I will be on them heavy

• squidkill

@superjon said...

you’re joking right?

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@Mcdonacr said...

whoever the “chalk” pitcher is going to be go ahead and stack the other side

The Braves are going to light up Lester tonight so I will be on them heavy

The chalk SP is going to be VV , but I wouldnt stack Cards if you paid my entry fees

• Mcdonacr

@TnRiddles said...

The chalk SP is going to be VV , but I wouldnt stack Cards if you paid my entry fees

ehhhh

I have stacked the Cards a bunch this year and won absolutely nothing

Which is why its the perfect play tonight (insert burning money emoji)

• eatmyturf23

@Mcdonacr said...

Which is why its the perfect play tonight (insert burning money emoji)

let me help with that

• csandbizzle

@TnRiddles said...

Chalk “should” be VV but I’m not convinced enough people look deep enough. I think Kuhl, Hamels and Skaggs will be higher owned, only one of those is actually a good play if you ask me.

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@csandbizzle said...

Chalk “should” be VV but I’m not convinced enough people look deep enough. I think Kuhl, Hamels and Skaggs will be higher owned, only one of those is actually a good play if you ask me.

nah , VV will be the chalk , but out of those you mentioned , Skaggs is the only reasonable play and he is overpriced for his upside

• eatmyturf23

@csandbizzle said...

Chalk “should” be VV but I’m not convinced enough people look deep enough. I think Kuhl and Skaggs will be highest owned only one of those is actually a good play if you ask me.

I think ownership will be spread out. There are reasons not to play each pitcher. Even though the Cards suck, you can see the danger with the top of the order, in spite of splits favoring the lower-order LHBs (like fowler, carpenter).

Btw, who remembers chalk Carpenter day when he was still leadoff but was mired in suckage, yet was chalk and hit that HR (or 2)? Yeah I do, I didn’t have him. I’m still pissed about that day, lol, even though I’ve done well in fading him all other days.

• infantryboys

This is one of those slates that I’ll be happy if neither of my SPs goes negative.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).