7:07 PM EST : Oakland ( 109 ) at Toronto ( -118 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( 152 ) at Boston ( -165 ) —- T: 9
    7:15 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 118 ) at St. Louis ( -128 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:35 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -112 ) at Atlanta ( 104 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Texas ( -126 ) at Chi Sox ( 116 ) —- T: 9
    10:07 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 140 ) at LA Angels ( -152 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 150 ) at Seattle ( -163 ) —- T: 8
    10:15 PM EST : Colorado ( 127 ) at SF Giants ( -138 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mbunner23

Remember yesterday when I said “let others beat themselves.” ?? Go ahead and let people play STL stacks…

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@infantryboys said...

This is one of those slates that I’ll be happy if neither of my SPs goes negative.

I love days like this when people think SP is a crapshoot. I see 3 very strong options today.

• willdathrill101

I feel like Bettis is a solid play tonight against the Giants. He has been rock solid away from Coors this year (averaging 36.4 FDP per start). Not too shabby for a guy who is only 7.2k tonight pitching in a pitcher’s park. Add in the fact that nobody has mentioned his name so far and I think I will be all over him.

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@willdathrill101 said...

I feel like Bettis is a solid play tonight against the Giants. He has been rock solid away from Coors this year (averaging 36.4 FDP per start). Not too shabby for a guy who is only 7.2k tonight pitching in a pitcher’s park. Add in the fact that nobody has mentioned his name so far and I think I will be all over him.

Bettis has the lowest rated SP matchup on the slate But, is about 8th in pt/$

• ripking

How chalky will archer be? Is soroka a good pivot or do you think the cubs will hit him around?

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@ripking said...

How chalky will archer be? Is soroka a good pivot or do you think the cubs will hit him around?

I hope Archer is chalky and I think both SP in that Cubs game get hit around

• eatmyturf23

@TnRiddles said...

Bettis has the lowest rated SP matchup on the slate

I’m on the fence with Bettis.

Giants bats suck. Bettis has capped K-upside but is a GB pitcher in a pitcher’s park. As long as he isn’t babip’d, he has a solid floor. Giants have a sneaky way of stringing hits and using their expansive field to their advantage though.

• infantryboys

@willdathrill101 said...

Wind is expected to be blowing out 25 MPH. I know that SF stadium is designed to minimize wind effect, but that’s still a big red flag for me. I actually love Colorado left handed bats. Samardjiza hasn’t been right this season.

• Jvanspro

Depending on how the winds adjust I may be hitting the lock button on Samardjiza. I know he’s looks bad but the Rockies have been worse against RHP. Something will give tonight.

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@Jvanspro said...

Depending on how the winds adjust I may be hitting the lock button on Samardjiza. I know he’s looks bad but the Rockies have been worse against RHP. Something will give tonight.

This made me chuckle

• Thechamp1995

RG Overall Ranking

Well that’s what happens when you walk the entire freaking team smith

• rickkain29

@Thechamp1995 said...

Well that’s what happens when you walk the entire freaking team smith

I am playing a mini single entry showdown and 8 of the 11 entries have Smith in their lineup. I know he has k upside but I still find it surprising. Especially against a heavy RH lineup. He just got PH for and has 3.15 points with no chance for the W.

• Benf15harp

@infantryboys said...

Wind is expected to be blowing out 25 MPH. I know that SF stadium is designed to minimize wind effect, but that’s still a big red flag for me. I actually love Colorado left handed bats. Samardjiza hasn’t been right this season.

Blackmon as a one off sounds good to me
    Shark at home vs L – 3 hr/9, 13%k rate, 470 avg, 4.30whip, 8xfip
    Blackmon on road vs R – 300 avg, 15%k rate, 1100 ops, 480 iso, 193wrc+
    Small sample sizes but very promising 😉

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@rickkain29 said...

I am playing a mini single entry showdown and 8 of the 11 entries have Smith in their lineup. I know he has k upside but I still find it surprising. Especially against a heavy RH lineup. He just got PH for and has 3.15 points with no chance for the W.

he was 71% owned in most Showdown games

• Benf15harp

@mbunner23 said...

Remember yesterday when I said “let others beat themselves.” ?? Go ahead and let people play STL stacks…

Fowler is firmly in play as a one off imo

• Benf15harp

Throw ohtani in there as well
    Not a bad little outfield
    Ohtani 4.6
    Blackmon 5.3
    Fowler 3.5

• Semaj89

Justin Turner is back ladies and gentleman

• rickkain29

@Semaj89 said...

Justin Turner is back ladies and gentleman

2 of the 11 teams in the mini showdown have his rostered. I thankfully was one of them…22 points and counting

• csandbizzle

@Benf15harp said...

Fowler is firmly in play as a one off imo

I’m not trying to talk you out of it, but what is Fowler’s upside? He doesn’t exactly fit the mold for someone I look for in a one off.

• Benf15harp

@csandbizzle said...

I’m not trying to talk you out of it, but what is Fowler’s upside? He doesn’t exactly fit the mold for someone I look for in a one off.

3.5k low owned against a home run prone pitcher to lefties

• Semaj89

@rickkain29 said...

2 of the 11 teams in the mini showdown have his rostered. I thankfully was one of them…22 points and counting

He was about 30% the past two nights maybe that had something to do with it.

Or they saw Smith’s numbers this year and were off all Dodgers

• Njsum1

@csandbizzle said...

If you’re talking about Dexter Fowler, he has plenty of upside. He hits righties well, can swipe a bag every blue moon, has some power, and he’s 3500. The world seems to be on Velazquez, yet Vegas still has the Cards as a -150. He could go 0 for 4 4ks, I don’t know what he’ll do tonight, yet it seems to be a nice little leverage play against Velazquez if he gets hold of one.

I wasn’t considering him, yet after this monologue, I have to play him. 😥

• rickkain29

@Njsum1 said...

I wasn’t considering him, yet after this monologue, I have to play him. 😥

If it makes you feel better I am playing Carpenter tonight as a one off

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@csandbizzle said...

I would LOVE to hear the explanation for this

• joshshafe

@TnRiddles said...

I would LOVE to hear the explanation for this

I would LOVE to have an explanation as to why you reply to everyone as if you are the best MLB DFS player that existed.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).