7:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -130 ) at Cincinnati ( 120 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : Houston ( -101 ) at Chi Sox ( -107 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -183 ) at Milwaukee ( 168 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Boston ( -145 ) at Kansas City ( 134 ) —- T: 7
    8:15 PM EST : Colorado ( 146 ) at St. Louis ( -158 ) —- T: 8
    9:40 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -139 ) at Arizona ( 128 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( 100 ) at LA Angels ( -108 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( -130 ) at San Diego ( 120 ) —- T: 6.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• choppadown

Early slate looking rough for picking a non chalk pitcher.

• sobarzanek13

So Travis Shaw Is the truth?

• renegade68

Apparently – at least while he is this hot he is. I’d like to thank Joc Pederson for getting me into the top 10 on the DK $20k Slider last night…..I slept right through it.

Gotta load up on Cueto today…..maybe even Pomeranz on the other side of him on DK.

• finn4

Looks like Cueto Or Liriano should be the big conversation today

• paulmsr

i think today is going to be a cash day for me which means verlander early, and like liriano late

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

The two players who tied for first in the DK Super Fastball each had a hitter score 0. One had a hitter score 9, and the other had a hitter score 3. Shows you that even with 17,000+ lineups entered, you don’t need a perfect lineup, or near perfect lineup, to win it all.

• sobarzanek13

@Zieg30 said...

The two players who tied for first in the DK Super Fastball each had a hitter score 0. One had a hitter score 9, and the other had a hitter score 3. Shows you that even with 17,000+ lineups entered, you don’t need a perfect lineup, or near perfect lineup, to win it all.

Thats why daily fantasy baseball Is sooo exciting! You never know when a guy like Khris Davis vs a Cole Hamel can hit you 3 home runs and pretty much win you 100 k crazy stuff.

• TheBigM

@Zieg30 said...

Oh what could have been. I cashed last night with three zeros from the cubbies.

• ms1monsays

@Zieg30 said...

I cashed top 25 in the single entry on FD with a 3spot from Stroman… Fortunately I had lots of big bats (not K. Davis though). That was my best GPP finish ever..

Early slate seems chalky

• wuchild97

@paulmsr said...

i think today is going to be a cash day for me which means verlander early, and like liriano late

quick question. how do u decide if its going to be a cash day vs gpp? Ive been playing for a bit. One of the last details I need to figure out is when to go gpp vs cash. I play both. Does slate size or pitcher quality factor in? Just curious on thought process. thx

• electrichaz3

the phillies lineup today looks awful, they are going to make kohler look likes cy young with no herrera and lough leading off.

• paulmsr

@electrichaz3 said...

the phillies lineup today looks awful,

that looks like a travel day lineup for a horrible team, sad part is they’re not traveling and have off tomorrow!

• Asylum13

DK GPP Victor or Melky, Verlander or Wright

• Americano7

@renegade68 said...

Apparently – at least while he is this hot he is. I’d like to thank Joc Pederson for getting me into the top 10 on the DK $20k Slider last night…..I slept right through it.

Gotta load up on Cueto today…..maybe even Pomeranz on the other side of him on DK.

Were you the guy vouching For Joc yesterday? I didn’t play him, but prop’s to the guy saying he would homer twice.

• rdcrds2

Joseph almost cost me yesterday, won’t happen today.Gonna play him so he tanks

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #8

RG Tiered Ranking

@Americano7 said...

Were you the guy vouching For Joc yesterday? I didn’t play him, but prop’s to the guy saying he would homer twice.

I used Joc last night, but mostly because he was bumped to 5th in the lineup and priced at 2,800. Anytime a guy is moved up in the lineup, I figure that factor is not reflected in his price. Therefore, there is a lot of value to be had. He made me very happy late last night and early this morning. Same goes with Kershaw for continuing his domination.

Other guys I rostered last night based on punt/lineup value was Joseph at 2k who had 3 hits including a homer from the clean-up spot, Polanco at 2.4k hitting second who reached base twice and swiped a base, and Herrman hitting 2nd at 2.8k who reached base once and scored. Worked out pretty well!

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@B_Heals152 said...

I used Joc last night, but mostly because he was bumped to 5th in the lineup and priced at 2,800. Anytime a guy is moved up in the lineup, I figure that factor is not reflected in his price. Therefore, there is a lot of value to be had. He made me very happy late last night and early this morning. Same goes with Kershaw for continuing his domination.

Other guys I rostered last night based on punt/lineup value was Joseph at 2k who had 3 hits including a homer from the clean-up spot, Polanco at 2.4k hitting second who reached base twice and swiped a base, and Herrman hitting 2nd at 2.8k who reached base once and scored. Worked out pretty well!

plenty of situations where that doesn’t work out but congrats to us Peterson owners.

• renegade68

@Americano7 said...

I’m not, as with others, I just saw he was bumped up and in a favorable position. I was hoping for a 10 pt floor. I wish I’d have listened to TommyG and played T. Joseph (Phillies)…..dude busted out for $2k on DK.

Also – agreed on that awful Phillies lineup. Terrible…..Koehler may be a way to save a couple bucks for a bigger bat here and there.

• ms1monsays

Anyone fading Dietrich on the early slate? At that price and match up hard not to go all in…

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #8

RG Tiered Ranking

@slpanthers24 said...

plenty of situations where that doesn’t work out but congrats to us Peterson owners.

Yes, I know. Not always gonna work, but on slates where you have Kershaw, Bum, Thor, and Scherzer you have to take advantage of that value. Not to mention, they were all in pretty good spots.

Joseph had the split advantage against Chen.
    Polanco’s team had the best batter vs starting pitcher matchup on the board, and he had been producing.
    Herrman had been red hot and Pineda gets nailed a lot.
    Pederson has a good power stroke and Weaver is a fly ball pitcher.

• jthayesjr

RG Overall Ranking

@ms1monsays said...

Anyone fading Dietrich on the early slate? At that price and match up hard not to go all in…

Playing Kinsler ahead of him in a few lineups but…Hellickson pitches worse at home and I just feel a regression is coming. Ginacarlo has been too quiet this week…

• renegade68

I really like Phillips at 2B tonight, hitting between Bruce and Votto against a RHP in his debut……and some other Reds/Indians in that game too. That park is just so conducive to high scores, and BP is hitting nearly 300 with some power and a bunch of doubles.

• johnnywombat

@jthayesjr said...

Playing Kinsler ahead of him in a few lineups but…Hellickson pitches worse at home and I just feel a regression is coming. Ginacarlo has been too quiet this week…

the day I don’t roster Giancarlo is the day he hits three out…

• paulmsr

VMart scratched and Salty starting instead.

I went with Hernandez at 2b liked the lineup I was able to build better

• ms1monsays

@paulmsr said...

VMart scratched and Salty starting instead.

Moya is starting @DH, Salty was already the starting catcher.

I had to adjust some line ups and without V-Mart I can fit Kinsler, in a couple. 3B is a tough call between Castellanos and Shaw… I feel like I am to Tiger heavy to play Nick.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).