2:20 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 188 ) at Chi Cubs ( -205 ) —- T: —
    3:40 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 115 ) at San Diego ( -125 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 107 ) at Minnesota ( -116 ) —- T: 8
    7:35 PM EST : Toronto ( -115 ) at Atlanta ( 106 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -115 ) at Kansas City ( 106 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:05 PM EST : Boston ( -104 ) at Oakland ( -104 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 155 ) at Seattle ( -168 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : Miami ( 169 ) at LA Dodgers ( -184 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• monarch

@Brenmike922 said...

BAL L/U still not out. It’s the only one form the early slate I haven’t seen yet. I will adjust on the fly for my BAL players if some are not starting

It’s out. Just check Twitter. Was out 30 minutes ago. Schoop, Machado, Davis, Trumbo is 2-5

• monarch

NVM…im an idiot that was 3 days ago.

• DKLounge13

@bigsmoot2 said...

Who are we thinking for pitching early, I might roll the dice with Lester, but Bundy, Roark, Santana?

I’m putting marquez in a few of my LU’s. he has solid numbers and has thrown well away from coors. Temps are going to be cold in MINN with winds blowing in from left, and why not take a risk when the pitching is so boom or bust this morning anyways

• Epignosis

RG Overall Ranking

Machado is out for BAL.

• bjacksonibew

Yeah, i like Davis/Smith/Trumbo/Jones yt concerned about the wind

• monarch

It’s out now….no Machado today

• tonytone1908

Any games to worry about getting rained out? Seems a few have decent chances. Thank god for late swap if they do.

• madmanjayWV

@Jacobkaiser1325 said...

Anyone know if Goodwin can steal bases?

anyone can swipe a bag vs. the P-RATS

• BRW73

Sounds like the Braves/Blue Jays game could get physical tonight, might be a good idea to avoid this game.

• DKLounge13

@madmanjayWV said...

anyone can swipe a bag vs. the P-RATS

glasnow has given up 20 SB’s in 11 starts too

• firepimp

Did rotogrinders and Kevin Roth split ways? I’ve never seen the weather update look like that.

• mlapensee

@firepimp said...

Did rotogrinders and Kevin Roth split ways? I’ve never seen the weather update look like that.

No. He tweeted out early this morning he did not have time for early day update.

• KindGuy

I learned my lesson and I will NOT be rostering Glasnow today.

That kid has some serious work to do.

• bjacksonibew

Whats up with the cubs weather

• Njsum1

I have a lot of interest in Marquez at pitcher on DK. He’s priced too cheaply for a player who has pitched well away from Coors. The twins could certainly get to him, yet upside is there as well. Regardless of the outcome I like think he makes a good play today, considering the price.

• DKLounge13

@Njsum1 said...

I have a lot of interest in Marquez at pitcher on DK. He’s priced too cheaply for a player who has pitched well away from Coors. The twins could certainly get to him, yet upside is there as well. Regardless of the outcome I like think he makes a good play today, considering the price.

agreed

• feekdogg

I’m all in on Santana. People keep screaming that regression is coming. It might be, but until it shows up, I’m going to keep playing him.

• bluestooges

@Njsum1 said...

He’s priced too cheaply for a player who has pitched well away from Coors

I think his sample size is too small. One start away where he allowed a hit per inning and a walk over 6 innings for a loss is by no means shabby, but I wouldn’t say he is a road warrior when thats his best EVER.

• Dirt_Lavert

@elementasrat said...

Gonna go the Dirt Lavert route and stick with the quarter arcade for a while until my bankroll gets up back up there.

If I hadn’t destroyed myself lately and lost about a third of what I was working with I’d send and throw a h2h to you for like 5$ just to help you out.

I have been so bad the past week or so. I did max the QA twice which didn’t totally work out (one was a fluky 2 gamer with one game that was basically a no hitter on both sides for 7 innings). So that definitely hurt me. Been taking the gut punches from LOL upsets too. There’s honestly no lu differentiation in it as there are only so many combos too so the GPPs are just harder to make money in because of the crazy ties.

And to cap it off I drafted a 1$ for PGA and forget to draft a lu. So I get to look at that laugh at me all weekend. So here’s to tonight and LOL tomorrow. Really make or break for me.

• txdave41

@Njsum1 said...

Are you only looking at 2017 stats for him? I show he has only pitched 6 innings in away games, but his away splits for 2016 are horrible. I actually did a MIN stack based on that. Course he only played a few innings that year as well.

• Brenmike922

@bjacksonibew said...

Yeah, i like Davis/Smith/Trumbo/Jones yt concerned about the wind

I like Smith/Mancini/Jones for today

• bigsmoot2

@feekdogg said...

I’m all in on Santana. People keep screaming that regression is coming. It might be, but until it shows up, I’m going to keep playing him.

Me too, and the Rockies aren’t that good against RHP and K a ton, fingers crossed.

Faded my Cubbies today too, hopefully they are like last night, and score a bunch but don´t hit any homers, and all my mini stacks go off.

• renegade68

Small Twins stack for me against Marquez. Lots and lots of bats to choose from today, which means every game will probably end up 3-2 and I’ll pick the worst 2 pitchers available or they’ll get hurt after 8 pitches and leave the game.

• Dirt_Lavert

I also just looked at the main slate. Wow. Ouch. Feels really fluky.

Weather in KC and the the entire late slate hahahaha

Check this note on the kid starting for SEA. If they let him throw a full game (which I doubt they will) I’m definitely looking at him as he’ll probably have the lowest ownership with the Velasquez and then Covey will probably be somewhere in that range too.

05/12/2017 2:57:11 PM EST

UPDATE: Gaviglio racked up four strikeouts over two innings in Thursday’s 7-2 loss to the Blue Jays, giving up an earned run on two hits.

ANALYSIS: Gaviglio was razor-sharp, throwing 25 of his 30 pitches for strikes and getting immediately ahead on seven of the eight hitters he faced. His one mistake led to a 407-foot solo home run by Justin Smoak, but the 26-year-old righty was otherwise stellar in his big-league debut. Gaviglio projects for a solid stretch of time with the Mariners given the myriad of injuries to the pitching staff, and the possibility remains he could see a turn or two in the starting rotation.

• KindGuy

First time in a while I haven’t done a 5 man stack.

Every team on the early slate is in a position to succeed so I had to get some exposure to all the games. Hopefully my mini stacks go ham.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler