7:40 PM EST : Chi Sox ( -113 ) at Minnesota ( 104 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:45 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 113 ) at St. Louis ( -122 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:05 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -162 ) at Texas ( 149 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -155 ) at Kansas City ( 135 ) —- T: 7
    9:38 PM EST : Cleveland ( 126 ) at LA Angels ( -137 ) —- T: 7.5
    9:40 PM EST : Houston ( -105 ) at Oakland ( -103 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 107 ) at Seattle ( -116 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 191 ) at San Diego ( -211 ) —- T: 6.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

Yesterday went well.

~

• RatedDAL

I dodged Cole and Trout so It did go wonderfully for me. There have been days where I didn’t sidestep some landmines though.

Today’s another day. Love the baseball grind.

• axman15

If the Mariners could have done legitimately anything it could have been a night. Can’t complain about breaking even, though.

Lots of pitching options tonight should spread ownership out.

• ifthethunder

@axman15 said...

Lots of pitching options tonight should spread ownership out.

First one I landed on was Brandon Woodruff. However, here’s Roth:

MIL @ KCR – A batch of storms rolling through around first pitch. It’ll clear later this evening, so they could late start and play, it just might be a long wait. Riskiest game on the slate.”

Over half the slate locks before 8:10 P.M. to boot.
    ~

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@ifthethunder said...

First one I landed on was Brandon Woodruff. However, here’s Roth:

MIL @ KCR – A batch of storms rolling through around first pitch. It’ll clear later this evening, so they could late start and play, it just might be a long wait. Riskiest game on the slate.”

Over half the slate locks before 8:10 P.M. to boot.
    ~

No reason Bubic should be 4K either.

• RudyPujols

Had a ticket for the $4 FD $100k last night. Went White Sox stack with Madrigal and Yermin, had Donaldson, dodged Cole and opted for Ferris Buehler instead of Darvish to enable Trout and Nelson Cruz. Cruz had one of the most extensive and dominant BvP against Keuchel imaginable and they are both basically similar players as they were, so score another one for the anti-BvP crowd. Trout leaves with a hangnail, Luplow departs with a swollen labia, and my late night thump options are on the bench in no time, fizzled to $10. Oh well, not like throwing a single bullet into a giant contest is a recipe for anything real good. Mark Nelson Cruz down for a double dong today.

But to the point of whomever was bitching about how perfect you have to be on MLB—and I think someone else already aptly called them out—the guy who won the $100k had Trout. Pretty much impossible to spend up for a dud in NBA or NFL or even high-variance PGA and win $100k on a $4 entry.

• mnstone14

todays the day to use two 4k pitchers, right?

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@mnstone14 said...

To spend on what bats though?

• mnstone14

@Pandamonious said...

I get the point, but you could do 2 of philly, atl , or nyy. And if there’s money left , Patino is in a great spot and cheap. These are gpp flyers obviously.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

No reason Bubic should be 4K either.

Yeah, that’s too cheap, yet he is a dicey play. I’d build a couple of Milwaukee stacks (or have lineups with 4-5 Milwaukee hitters) if you have a good amount of Bubic.

Milwaukee is very strong versus LHP, yet they K a lot, so he may have a floor. Yet they also walk a lot, and Bubic has been walking batters. He could, although not likely, put up a negative score here. Or he could do well if he keeps the walks down.

• Njsum1

@mnstone14 said...

No, never works 🤷‍♂️

• ifthethunder

@Pandamonious said...

I like the Rays. Don’t need a 4,000 pitcher to fit them in, though. And if Roth is nervous about Milwaukee – K.C. playing, I’m nervous. Not even sure we’ll have much more information before lock, but we’ll see.

P.S. I don’t mind bringing it back with a couple of Baltimore bats, either.
    ~

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

First look without taking weather into account…. Urias, Woodruff, Snell… maybe Taillon, maybe Heaney….

Rays lefties, Nats, game in Toronto (FL), Yankees!! maybe CWS, maybe SEA, some SD and LAD but not full stacks I don’t think

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Tim Anderson (again) Teoscar Hernandez and, considering salary, Martin Maldonado are your BvP specials of the day

• Njsum1

@Unico10 said...

Tim Anderson (again) Teoscar Hernandez and, considering salary, Martin Maldonado are your BvP specials of the day

You forgot to mention Robert Grossman, perhaps the best BvP of the day

• Njsum1

@Unico10 said...

First look without taking weather into account…. Urias, Woodruff, Snell… maybe Taillon, maybe Heaney….

Rays lefties, Nats, game in Toronto (FL), Yankees!! maybe CWS, maybe SEA, some SD and LAD but not full stacks I don’t think

Don’t mind Dunn or Turnbull either

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

You forgot to mention Robert Grossman, perhaps the best BvP of the day

True but only 3 ABs…. impressive though! If he did that yesterday I am $100k richer :)

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

Don’t mind Dunn or Turnbull either

That game can be 3-2 as well as 10-8…. don’t have a read on that for now. I guess it comes down to how many lineup you enter, but I like to keep my pitchers roster tight and they will not make the cut in my builds

• Njsum1

@Unico10 said...

True but only 3 ABs…. impressive though! If he did that yesterday I am $100k richer :)

HUGE sample….haha

Would be amazing if he hits another, although clearly highly unlikely. Still suggests he sees him well, so a single or a double seems like a realistic expectation.

Edit…just like josh bell yesterday. Was like 2-4 with 2 homers off Alzolay. Didn’t homer, yet went 2 for 2 with 2 singles.

• Njsum1

@Unico10 said...

That game can be 3-2 as well as 10-8…. don’t have a read on that for now. I guess it comes down to how many lineup you enter, but I like to keep my pitchers roster tight and they will not make the cut in my builds

They’re both projected well for the price.

My thinking, is that one will likely do well (15-25 DK) while the other prolly ends up with a single digit score.

• JIB7

RG weather page doesn’t quite have it as drastic, but on other weather pages where I look at wind, I’m seeing 20+ mph straight in from LF in Dunedin.

• monarch

Give me the Indians contrarian stack all day! Bomb Heaney!!!

• jsw3ent

Whats the deal with FANDUEL—-every other day it seems —location can’t be verified —-all settings are correct—-been playing on there since inception —even played yeasterday—-can’t get in today . I even logged out——I even shut down my PC—-it allowed me to make a deposit earlier today—-but still can’t enter a lineup

• txdave41

@RudyPujols said...

Had a ticket for the $4 FD $100k last night. Went White Sox stack with Madrigal and Yermin, had Donaldson, dodged Cole and opted for Ferris Buehler instead of Darvish to enable Trout and Nelson Cruz. Cruz had one of the most extensive and dominant BvP against Keuchel imaginable and they are both basically similar players as they were, so score another one for the anti-BvP crowd. Trout leaves with a hangnail, Luplow departs with a swollen labia, and my late night thump options are on the bench in no time, fizzled to $10. Oh well, not like throwing a single bullet into a giant contest is a recipe for anything real good. Mark Nelson Cruz down for a double dong today.

But to the point of whomever was bitching about how perfect you have to be on MLB—and I think someone else already aptly called them out—the guy who won the $100k had Trout. Pretty much impossible to spend up for a dud in NBA or NFL or even high-variance PGA and win $100k on a $4 entry.

The guy who won 100K with Trout needed every other player to have a HR mult score game along with a pitcher throwing 10 strikeouts. Takes an incredible amount of luck to pull that off. You need one player to score 40 pts to have a dud.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

If you are looking for value bats DET and PIT are sources I like both against hittable pitchers

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).