8:05 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 198 ) at Chi Cubs ( -217 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Texas ( 128 ) at Houston ( -139 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 129 ) at Minnesota ( -140 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 104 ) at Kansas City ( -112 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 159 ) at St. Louis ( -173 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 132 ) at Seattle ( -143 ) —- T: 7
    10:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 146 ) at LA Dodgers ( -159 ) —- T: 7
    10:10 PM EST : Colorado ( -102 ) at San Diego ( -106 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Roma315

RG Overall Ranking

Carlos Martinez or will Milwaukee Keep scoring?

• kdub

Seager/Kershaw cost me a lot of money last night, still not a bad night though… 15 games just seems like too many

• dfsnoob74

Mat Moore against dodgers again tonight. We just had this match up and he pitched really well because the Dodgers are notoriously bad against lefties. Is there any kind of a data that shows how well pitchers do whenever they have to face the same team back to back like this? I would think that the hitters would have an advantage the second time around. Thoughts?

• rogersark

Seager homered and Taylor singled. Other than a couple of walks he pretty much shut them down as you said. But, that was at home and his splits are terrible away (wOBA Away – .497 wOBA Away vs. L – .778, wOBA Away vs. R – .431)

• bigsmoot2

Man lots of ways to possibly go tonight, wind is gonna be a factor in a lot of places, too many options to choose from, my head is spinning.

• jtkucheck

Even if you hate BvP, the Matt Carpenter Santana”:/players/carlos-santana-10261/”(player-popup)Matt Kemp”:/players/matt-kemp-10534 stuff is pretty nuts today.

• SweeneyPhoto

@jtkucheck said...

Even if you hate BvP, the Matt Carpenter Santana”:/players/carlos-santana-10261/”(player-popup)Matt Kemp”:/players/matt-kemp-10534 stuff is pretty nuts today.

I’m liking some of the late games tonight, might play the late only on DK

• dfsnoob74

@rogersark said...

Seager homered and Taylor singled. Other than a couple of walks he pretty much shut them down as you said. But, that was at home and his splits are terrible away (wOBA Away – .497 wOBA Away vs. L – .778, wOBA Away vs. R – .431)

Thanks didn’t check the home away splits

• kdub

@rogersark said...

That doesn’t change the fact that LAD suck vs lefties.. but I see your point

• rogersark

@kdub said...

That doesn’t change the fact that LAD suck vs lefties.. but I see your point

True.

• Njsum1

@Roma315 said...

Carlos Martinez or will Milwaukee Keep scoring?

Here’s my opinion on playing pitchers against Milwaukee an it’s served me well….they better be cheap, and the slate better be littered with pricey bats that you like and want to roster in order to justify taking a pitcher versus Milwaukee. Occasionally you’ll get a Folty gem, yet most times your looking at 4 to 5 earned runs 6 hits some walks and 5 or 6 innings pitched, and a k per inning, maybe slightly more. Meaning your average pitcher will put up between 8 and 14 points against them. So if there’s a 6k guy who’s good against righties, he might be worth a look, if you like the bats that day, and would be happy with 8 to 14 dk points for 6k. However, tonight the total is dropping and Martinez is a nice favorite, so maybe tonight you’ll get the gem. I’m not going there, yet I can see the merit.

• feekdogg

@Ndepompei said...

Sonny Gray??

Twins stack.

• QSchoolDropOut

I am considering stacking the Nationals. Sometimes you just got to ride the horse until it dies.

• fenway2015

paxton and santana at SP tonight on DK

• Capone1233

Sale/Cahill, stack Nats toss in TB/Met lefties. Count your money. It looks that easy today.

• bfwl3434

Chris Sale is 100% going to hit someone on he O’s. Not saying he’ll definitely get ejected but there is a chance. I’m going to cut back my usage of him tonight just in case.

• bucherpsu08

@bfwl3434 said...

Chris Sale is 100% going to hit someone on he O’s. Not saying he’ll definitely get ejected but there is a chance. I’m going to cut back my usage of him tonight just in case.

Based on what? The Red Sox threw at Machado 4 times last Sunday (and couldn’t even hit him once out of the 4) after a clean slide that they got their panties in a bunch about. The O’s had every opportunity last night to retaliate in the 8th with a 5 run lead and didn’t. Why would you think the Sox are going to be head hunting tonight? That would be incredibly stupid.

• bfwl3434

Did you watch the game? They did retaliate, they hit Mookie last night. Sale isn’t going headhunting, but he’ll drill someone in the thigh.

• KindGuy

15 game slate and this thread hasn’t even hit 2 pages yet….. lmao.

I’m definitely thinking about rostering Adam Jones after yesterday’s events.

Paxton looks good as always. Who’ll be tonight’s Severino???

• BmoreClutch

@bfwl3434 said...

Did you watch the game? They did retaliate, they hit Mookie last night. Sale isn’t going headhunting, but he’ll drill someone in the thigh.

The Orioles were up 2-0 in the bottom of the 6th. You really think at that point in the game they’re going to intentionally throw at Betts and bring up the tying run? I don’t buy it.

• Asylum13

These are absolutely my favorites on the night.

• bfwl3434

Solid point but i could also argue that 2 pitches before he threw inside and almost hit him. I’m just trying to point out there is a possibility things get ugly tonight with some ejections.

• Olhausen

@bfwl3434 said...

Not playing the best pitcher this season because you think he might throw at someone is a horrible strategy.

Edit: That said now I’m sure he will hit someone and get ejected in the first inning.

• Dirt_Lavert

Sale is 100% hitting somebody but I think it’ll be late. Benches will clear. Ejection pending.

On another note, the Sox can’t hit and Asher is 4500 on DK. Hit value in his one start earlier this year. I think he’s in play. Might actually pair him with sale.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).