8:05 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 198 ) at Chi Cubs ( -217 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Texas ( 128 ) at Houston ( -139 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 129 ) at Minnesota ( -140 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 104 ) at Kansas City ( -112 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 159 ) at St. Louis ( -173 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 132 ) at Seattle ( -143 ) —- T: 7
    10:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 146 ) at LA Dodgers ( -159 ) —- T: 7
    10:10 PM EST : Colorado ( -102 ) at San Diego ( -106 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• SweeneyPhoto

Is anyone concerned about stacking the Red Sox against Asher, simply because no matter who Sale matches up with, the Sox can’t hit him?

It’s been freaky this year, Sale has had very little run support and a number of times they’ve completely failed against pitchers they should’ve hit.

• Asylum13

I like Paxton and Santana.

• Dirt_Lavert

@SweeneyPhoto said...

Is anyone concerned about stacking the Red Sox against Asher, simply because no matter who Sale matches up with, the Sox can’t hit him?

It’s been freaky this year, Sale has had very little run support and a number of times they’ve completely failed against pitchers they should’ve hit.

They don’t hit for him or Porcello. They haven’t scored for Porcello in 3 starts now. Massive mental block for the Sox. I implore you to not start them. Maybe a 1 off but I think the board is too big.

I think because Asher is the lowest salary guy people are just used to stacking against them. I think there’s legit ownership even on the 15 game slate. Sneaky meat lies elsewhere IMO.

This is coming from somebody who has watched or listened to 100% of Sox games this year.

• bfwl3434

@Olhausen said...

Not playing the best pitcher this season because you think he might throw at someone is a horrible strategy.

Edit: That said now I’m sure he will hit someone and get ejected in the first inning.

How is this a horrible strategy? If anything I feel its a good strategy as it helps people who actually watch baseball and know whats going on.

If there was a decent chance for rain is it a bad idea not to play him?

• mr_papageorgio

I’m tired of losing with chalk pitching so tonight I’m going with Lester and Tanaka. Seems like they both could be very low owned in decent spots.

• murphstahoe

@kdub said...

Seager/Kershaw cost me a lot of money last night, still not a bad night though… 15 games just seems like too many

The only lineup I cashed was the Kershaw one where I could only afford Josh Harrison instead of a bunch of Cubs. Go figure.

• mr_papageorgio

Also, for those playing GPP with strong hearts and a high risk tolerance, Carlos Santana has 8 HRs in 69 career ABs vs. Verlander.

• KindGuy

@mr_papageorgio said...

Also, for those playing GPP with strong hearts and a high risk tolerance, Carlos Santana has 8 HRs in 69 career ABs vs. Verlander.

Miggy too.

welp, nevermind. just saw he’s injured.

• Dirt_Lavert

@mr_papageorgio said...

Lindor and Ramirez seem to rip him too. Thinking they are a sneaky meat stack tonight. Them, Rays/Marlins, Padres, Twins, Cards. All somewhat sneaky and stackable, and will go lesser owned than teams like the Yankees and Cubs (and probably Nats and Reds)

• murphstahoe

@bfwl3434 said...

Chris Sale is 100% going to hit someone on he O’s. Not saying he’ll definitely get ejected but there is a chance. I’m going to cut back my usage of him tonight just in case.

No way. Not after the stuff with Adam Jones. Players will be on the best behavior to control the crowd per the owners.

• JENSGT

anybody else end up with all home team bats in their lineup?

• mr_papageorgio

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Lindor and Ramirez seem to rip him too. Thinking they are a sneaky meat stack tonight. Them, Rays/Marlins, Padres, Twins, Cards. All somewhat sneaky and stackable, and will go lesser owned than teams like the Yankees and Cubs (and probably Nats and Reds)

Fair warning that I’m playing all 3 of them so get ready for a combined 1-10 with a walk for a whopping 5 DK points lol

• hcassidy

@JENSGT said...

I have one lineup tonight that I threw in a few that are all 1 offs that could leave the park. All in great matchups.

• murphstahoe

Quintana? Alex Gordon and Moustakas are sitting out

• Percsalert

Baseball is all luck right?

• Dirt_Lavert

@JENSGT said...

Only problem with this is they can lose their last inning ABs if they’re up. I noticed I saw a lot of sharps stacking away teams in baseball. Hadn’t thought about it too much before that but yea, Nats, Yankees, Reds, Cubs and a few more are going to be a big home stacks.

• KindGuy

@murphstahoe said...

Quintana? Alex Gordon and Moustakas are sitting out

I would think it makes the Royals stronger with the influx of righty bats. I’m sure that’s why Alex and Mike are sitting out.

• murphstahoe

@elementasrat said...

I would think it makes the Royals stronger with the influx of righty bats. I’m sure that’s why Alex and Mike are sitting out.

Righty bats but not very good ones.

• jtkucheck

@SweeneyPhoto said...

The Red Sox haven’t really hit much for anyone, but it is more noticeable when it is an ace like Sale who is not getting his projected Ws because of it.

The Giants dealt with this for years with Matt Cain (when Matt Cain was good). Generally it isn’t because the guys don’t focus or let up because their ace is on the hill, it is because the way that rotations match up, they are generally facing another ace.

As Asher is decidedly not an ace, the reason to avoid stacking Red Sox would be that the Red Sox can’t hit right now, not that they can’t hit when Sale is on the hill. There’s not really a correlation between pitchers and run support, just a confirmation bias when it happens.

• KindGuy

@murphstahoe said...

Righty bats but not very good ones.

I’m sure Whitt and Cheslor are better against righties than Alex and Mike.

• MisterMister

Re: Sale. Would remind me of last year when Thor decided to fukk my 189 pt lineup over by throwing at Utley and getting himself tossed in only the 3rd inning. Oooooooooh.

• KindGuy

Won an FD $25 credit giveaway on twitter so I’m back wohoo!

• DcSports89

Zobrist or heyward for gpp?

• JENSGT

@murphstahoe said...

No way. Not after the stuff with Adam Jones. Players will be on the best behavior to control the crowd per the owners.

I agree…only an idiot would try to add fuel to the fire with the whole racial thing going on. I hope it stays calm.

• JENSGT

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Only problem with this is they can lose their last inning ABs if they’re up. I noticed I saw a lot of sharps stacking away teams in baseball. Hadn’t thought about it too much before that but yea, Nats, Yankees, Reds, Cubs and a few more are going to be a big home stacks.

Yeah I typically lean towards away teams for that reason but I just can’t make it happen tonight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).