12:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 108 ) at Atlanta ( -117 ) —- T: 8.5
    12:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 171 ) at NY Mets ( -186 ) —- T: 7.5
    1:10 PM EST : Houston ( -105 ) at Minnesota ( -103 ) —- T: 8
    1:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 106 ) at Milwaukee ( -115 ) —- T: 8.5
    2:15 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -151 ) at Kansas City ( 140 ) —- T: 8
    4:05 PM EST : St. Louis ( 146 ) at Washington ( -158 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Boston ( -167 ) at Chi Sox ( 154 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:07 PM EST : Toronto ( 133 ) at LA Angels ( -144 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• RatedDAL

On a day like this I don’t see why FD can’t run the Main Slate as the All Day slate. You have late swap, what an awful 2 game Main Slate. Also FD routinely likes to make slates without games starting between 3 and 6 EST.

Even better, looks like weather issues in Chicago.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

@RatedDAL said...

On a day like this I don’t see why FD can’t run the Main Slate as the All Day slate. You have late swap, what an awful 2 game Main Slate. Also FD routinely likes to make slates without games starting between 3 and 6 EST.

Even better, looks like weather issues in Chicago.

I 100% agree. When I saw they had a slate that didn’t include the 2:15 game, I decided just to skip today. Makes zero sense why they wouldn’t include that game to make a 5 game slate.

• cjs5555

RG Overall Ranking

SD/ATL game starts at 9am California time. Scheduling geniuses at MLB

• mr_papageorgio

@cjs5555 said...

So you’re saying play Folty? Already leaning that way and deciding if I want to pay up for Thor with him or go with someone like Gray.

• Lathum

considering how crappy Thor has been the reds bats are way too cheap.

Agree on the FanDuel slate. Been playing for years, not sure I recall a two game main mlb slate.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@cjs5555 said...

I mean… Baseball isn’t quite football or basketball where you gotta be 1000000 percent ramped up when the game starts (maybe the SP?). I have no basis for this claim, but I’d be interested if there was any info supporting a trend in either direction.

• RatedDAL

The Padres have been on the East Coast for a week now, I wouldn’t expect a huge impact.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

Man, Jon Gray just got really enticing…

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

For early slate players…

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/mlb-data-detective-best-player-values-may-2-early-slate-3020181

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@captainwacky said...

Just because no Grandal?

• mr_papageorgio

@captainwacky said...

I can make him a lot less enticing…he’s in my lineup!

• monarch

@captainwacky said...

To stack against…Brewers could explode

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Just because no Grandal?

ohhhh the first lineup confirmation I saw of him didn’t have Moustakas. Had that been true, so would my statement. Now he’s just back to being interesting.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

This is both disappointing and reassuring— now I don’t have to add much or any Jon Gray exposure!

• monarch

@captainwacky said...

This is both disappointing and reassuring— now I don’t have to add much or any Jon Gray exposure!

Two potential outcomes to me…

1. Gray is sharp goes 7+ and the Brewers are a meh play
    2. Gray is not sharp or they chase him around 5 innings and they tee off on a Rockies team with a short bullpen hours after forcing the Rockies into a 194 pitch count the night before…Love Thames and Shaw

• Ndepompei

hoping the rays post a lineup before lock

• PhoFever

@Lathum said...

considering how crappy Thor has been the reds bats are way too cheap.

ON the all day slate, Thor deserves zero confidence unless you are making a lot of lineups. I’m going with different combos of Strahm, Folty, Morton and…. gupl…Strausburg. God help me.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@PhoFever said...

ON the all day slate, Thor deserves zero confidence unless you are making a lot of lineups. I’m going with different combos of Strahm, Folty, Morton and…. gupl…Strausburg. God help me.

While thor isn’t my favorite, and he’s pitching badly… he also has faced some pretty brutal matchups thus far. This is his first really easy matchup, and while I’m not doing the all day slate, on the early slate, he’s strongly in consideration for me.

• mr_papageorgio

@captainwacky said...

While thor isn’t my favorite, and he’s pitching badly

What makes you say he’s picthing badly? Every single PlateIQ number for him is green and all I see is a really unlucky guy with a BABIP near .400. Legit question because I have him as of now and haven’t cashed in nearly 2 weeks so I’m questioning pretty much everything at the moment.

• wafic

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #20

RG Tiered Ranking

Thor isn’t giving up hard contact but also has not been striking out anyone. He gets to two strikes quickly but can’t put batters away. But on this slate I’m gonna roll the dice with him. If I had to rank pitching today, I’d go Thor, Folty, Morton. I don’t really wanna play anyone else as an SP2 but I can see rolling out Peacock. It’s one of those slates.

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #44

RG Tiered Ranking

@mr_papageorgio said...

What makes you say he’s picthing badly? Every single PlateIQ number for him is green and all I see is a really unlucky guy with a BABIP near .400. Legit question because I have him as of now and haven’t cashed in nearly 2 weeks so I’m questioning pretty much everything at the moment.

I love advanced stats as indicators of how people should trend. I have lots of thor in the early slate. I will also posit that FIP and BABIP are not as valuable as we might assume, especially in short term purchasing. This is especially true when we try to use certain numbers of each as normalization of good across the board, when it should really be time-span based for each individual person, and analyzing what goes into each players’ BABIP/FIP. No one does that well right now to the best of my knowledge.

That’s more of an aside though— I still want to bet on Thor today.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

@mr_papageorgio said...

Yeah, his beneath the surface numbers are fine. It’s the 6.35 ERA and 1.47 whip that are ugly. From a DFS standpoint, he has 6 starts with 4 games under 15 DK points. As was mentioned though he’s had a pretty brutal schedule. Phillies, Cards, and Brewers in his last 3. Brewers roughed up DeGrom in his previous start then he completely shut down the Reds last night, so personally I’m hoping and expecting Noah to follow suit. Doesn’t hurt that Votto isn’t in the line up.

• mr_papageorgio

Thanks guys, sticking with Thor (so the rest of you should probably pivot to Morton). Also breaking my “don’t play Nimmo” rule. His numbers suggest he can hit I just always get an 0-4 or 3BB no runs performance from him. Here’s hoping that changes today and my streak finally ends!

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, his beneath the surface numbers are fine. It’s the 6.35 ERA and 1.47 whip that are ugly. From a DFS standpoint, he has 6 starts with 4 games under 15 DK points. As was mentioned though he’s had a pretty brutal schedule. Phillies, Cards, and Brewers in his last 3. Brewers roughed up DeGrom in his previous start then he completely shut down the Reds last night, so personally I’m hoping and expecting Noah to follow suit. Doesn’t hurt that Votto isn’t in the line up.

We might be saying the same thing five days from now…except we add the Reds to that list with their composite 19.7 percent K rate vs RHP. Even over his career he doesn’t strike these guys out….8 Ks vs 17 baserunners not accounting for Votto

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #76

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

We might be saying the same thing five days from now…except we add the Reds to that list with their composite 19.7 percent K rate vs RHP. Even over his career he doesn’t strike these guys out….8 Ks vs 17 baserunners not accounting for Votto

7 mostly clean innings with only 4 or 5 K’s and a win is still solid for his price and considering what our other options are and knowing there is still upside for more than 4 or 5 K’s.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler