12:10 PM EST : San Diego ( 108 ) at Atlanta ( -117 ) —- T: 8.5
    12:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 171 ) at NY Mets ( -186 ) —- T: 7.5
    1:10 PM EST : Houston ( -105 ) at Minnesota ( -103 ) —- T: 8
    1:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 106 ) at Milwaukee ( -115 ) —- T: 8.5
    2:15 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -151 ) at Kansas City ( 140 ) —- T: 8
    4:05 PM EST : St. Louis ( 146 ) at Washington ( -158 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Boston ( -167 ) at Chi Sox ( 154 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:07 PM EST : Toronto ( 133 ) at LA Angels ( -144 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• JaBr

@mr_papageorgio said...

I’ve said it a few times but I’m actually done with this for awhile. Was between Castro/Dahl or Ramos/Nimmo for my C and last OF spot. Went with the latter since Mahle hasn’t struck out a LHB since middle school/correlation and of course the duo I picked put up a massive 5 points while the one I didn’t has 47 points and counting.

Lots of smart, helpful people here – thanks for all the advice you guys give. Good luck to those of you that continue the grind! I may be back at some point during the season but it’s clearly time for a break, at least from MLB.

Just play $.10 games.

• homers1226

in the st lou was showdown

anyone think its crazy to use gant as cap

washington due to light up a starter

• PhoFever

@mr_papageorgio said...

I’ve said it a few times but I’m actually done with this for awhile. Was between Castro/Dahl or Ramos/Nimmo for my C and last OF spot. Went with the latter since Mahle hasn’t struck out a LHB since middle school/correlation and of course the duo I picked put up a massive 5 points while the one I didn’t has 47 points and counting.

Lots of smart, helpful people here – thanks for all the advice you guys give. Good luck to those of you that continue the grind! I may be back at some point during the season but it’s clearly time for a break, at least from MLB.

See you in hockey, Papa. I also agree with a previous poster in that it sounds like you really need to play more than one lineup and just make one with each of your final choices. Don’t know why so many people are so set on only doing one.

• homers1226

there is no crying in baseball

• Southie777

@mr_papageorgio said...

I hear that! Baseball, of all the sports I ever play, can REALLY have this effect. I think it’s just the boom/bust, all-or-nothing nature of it. Can be brutal on the psyche! Hope you come around, but I certainly understand!

• homers1226

anyone else playing the stl wash showdown ?

u out there bigga ?

• yisman

@feekdogg said...

He’s in.

so much for that!

• txdave41

Stacked the right COL players and barely in the freaking cash with 159 score. All because I picked Berrios instead of Thor. Maybe it’s time to accept that MLB on Fanduel is not for people with small bankrolls. Even when my lineup does good, I only make a few dollars profit over my $10 in entry fees which I give back the next day. The payouts are not what it used to be. Had to redeposit for the nth time at this. I just don’t get how so many people are nailing lineups scores over 250 every slate.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

@PhoFever said...

See you in hockey, Papa. I also agree with a previous poster in that it sounds like you really need to play more than one lineup and just make one with each of your final choices. Don’t know why so many people are so set on only doing one.

I think it depends on the slate, but in my case I make the best lineups when I make 1 to 5. Just more attention to details and less randomness (which sometimes you need to take down a GPP). Usually I go 3-3-2 or 2-2-2-2 when I play one.

Just bubbling out today, but I have Morton going, one more ABs from Castro and Kepler (done and done….) and A Garcia+Robertson going, so it could go well…. played Hos/Manny and made the mistake of playing McNeilll/Nimmo.
    Kinsler/Arenado vs Robertson/McNeill was a mistake…. would be in the hunt for first with that combo

• Njsum1

@PhoFever said...

I also agree with a previous poster in that it sounds like you really need to play more than one lineup and just make one with each of your final choices. Don’t know why so many people are so set on only doing one

Preach. People don’t understand variance. They think, “if I do research, I’ll come up with the best play, and it will work out more often than not.” When in actuality the best play works out like 55% of the time compared to the next best play which works out 45% of the time. This is ESPECIALLY true in a sport like baseball. I said this yesterday in the thread when some asked what to do between a 2 v 2 decision. I said play both, make another lineup. It’s that simple.

You can’t always rely on the best play to work out over time, cause the next best play may have won you a GPP, and those opportunities are very few and far between for those who make limited (less than 20) lineups per slate. And a GPP win or top 5 is anywhere from 200x to 2000x (in reasonable structures) return.

• yisman

late start in Washington. Rain delay.

No Soto.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #87

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

You can’t always rely on the best play to work out over time, cause the next best play may have won you a GPP, and those opportunities are very few and far between for those who make limited (less than 20) lineups per slate. And a GPP win or top 5 is anywhere from 200x to 2000x (in reasonable structures) return.

That doesn’t apply if you play single entry or 3-max or higher $ entry tourney with small field.

In large GPP, sure, every player is owned to some extent. But in the kind of tournaments I listed one doesn’t have to worry about some #9 hitter busting out as in most case nobody owns him

• Njsum1

@Unico10 said...

That doesn’t apply if you play single entry or 3-max or higher $ entry tourney with small field.

In large GPP, sure, every player is owned to some extent. But in the kind of tournaments I listed one doesn’t have to worry about some #9 hitter busting out as in most case nobody owns him

It does apply in 3 entry…you make your best lineup, then if you’re really stuck on swaps you make another. Or you make your 2 best, then a 3rd to fit your second tier of players/stacks you really like, yet can’t fit in the 1st 2 lineups.

Obviously single entry is what it is. So no argument here.

Edit…my point about making 2 lineups had nothing to do with a 9 hitter busting out (it’s often sharp to play the 9 hitter if he’s a decent play cause no one will). It had to do with when your stuck On a 2v2 decision. Where both options are solid plays. I’d rather not choose and play both. This strategy has been profitable for me.

• damionismyname

@txdave41 said...

Stacked the right COL players and barely in the freaking cash with 159 score. All because I picked Berrios instead of Thor. Maybe it’s time to accept that MLB on Fanduel is not for people with small bankrolls. Even when my lineup does good, I only make a few dollars profit over my $10 in entry fees which I give back the next day. The payouts are not what it used to be. Had to redeposit for the nth time at this. I just don’t get how so many people are nailing lineups scores over 250 every slate.

most ppl are chasing a big payday in dfs and are losing players. its either extreme luck or extreme luck with max entry that wins, go over stats and numbers all you want but in the end everything is a toss up. I can get lucky sometimes and get a score of 200-215 and maybe win $8 some nights.

• biga0787

@homers1226 said...

anyone else playing the stl wash showdown ?

u out there bigga ?

Yeah played it. Took Soto and wasn’t around at lock to notice he wasn’t playing

• homers1226

@damionismyname said...

most ppl are chasing a big payday in dfs and are losing players. its either extreme luck or extreme luck with max entry that wins, go over stats and numbers all you want but in the end everything is a toss up. I can get lucky sometimes and get a score of 200-215 and maybe win $8 some nights.

keep doing that and youll be rich

• pn3

min cashed at least with my single entry on dk thx to noah and morton, only had 1 batter get 10+ points

• damionismyname

@homers1226 said...

keep doing that and youll be rich

thats in the .25 entry tournaments and its when someone else scores 276.

• homers1226

@damionismyname said...

thats in the .25 entry tournaments and its when someone else scores 276.

i won 10 gs with like 205

• damionismyname

@homers1226 said...

i won 10 gs with like 205

thats nice, was it the cheap buy in or like a $100 entry fee?

• homers1226

@damionismyname said...

thats nice, was it the cheap buy in or like a $100 entry fee?

8 bucks

• Mitchy2Fat

@mr_papageorgio said...

See ya for the big Friday slate MR P… BOL tomm

• yisman

Syndergaard making Mets history.

CGSO while accounting for the only scoring in the game with a homer.

I wonder how many times in MLB history that’s occurred. Can’t be more than a handful.

• zline34

@mr_papageorgio said...

Yeah. My mlb bankroll dwindled down to nothing last night. I’ll be done after tonight for a while. Is what it is. I’ll be back for NFL though. Sucks cause Jayzee is on a heater and picking the pitcher against his stack is like a guaranteed 50 burger. Sigh. 1 HR short on a few different slates this year would have guaranteed my play for the entire season, but it just wasn’t meant to be.

• am03wins

@yisman said...

Syndergaard making Mets history.

CGSO while accounting for the only scoring in the game with a homer.

I wonder how many times in MLB history that’s occurred. Can’t be more than a handful.

7 times since 1920

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.