8:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 151 ) at Chi Sox ( -164 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : Texas ( 126 ) at Houston ( -136 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Toronto ( -125 ) at Minnesota ( 115 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Arizona ( 148 ) at St. Louis ( -161 ) —- T: 7.5
    9:35 PM EST : NY Yankees ( 119 ) at Oakland ( -129 ) —- T: 8
    10:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( 117 ) at LA Angels ( -127 ) —- T: 8
    10:15 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -191 ) at SF Giants ( 175 ) —- T: 6.5
    10:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -141 ) at San Diego ( 130 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• ASitar

Targeting a Houston stack. They, as a team, crush Lewis (BvP). Also like Frazior at 3b and Granderson.

• xdan3220

@KillaChap said...

Tried a new strategy last night; went with Stras and Sale and found bargain bats. Cashed, not much, but still cashed. Anyone have similar success?

It is all night specific. No strategy is going to work every night. I went Tomlin and Harvey (ouch) last night and had some nice bats in there and even with Harvey’s -8 points I still cashed. Bats generally have more upside that pitchers since a great hitting night can get you 30+ points for 5k or less and it’s harder for a pitcher to do that and even if they do you pay for it. Some nights you have to though as the other pitching options won’t hold up or the expensive bats won’t produce huge numbers

• bucherpsu08

@ASitar said...

Targeting a Houston stack. They, as a team, crush Lewis (BvP). Also like Frazior at 3b and Granderson.

Correa has 2 HRs in 9 ABs vs him. Other than that I don’t see anything eye popping.

• ms1monsays

@bucherpsu08 said...

Correa has 2 HRs in 9 ABs vs him. Other than that I don’t see anything eye popping.

I agree, that being said I do like the Houston players tonight.

• onepinrodney

I won stacking the Angels last night and I’m doing it again today. Their bats were due to break out, they had an awful BABIP until recently. They also strike out the least in baseball against a pitcher who doesn’t have a high SO/9. A lot of contact, good things hopefully.

• Icarus66

I’m playing the all Pirates outfield with some Mets sprinkled in.

• dice

Do you guys do your lineups now or wait for the lineups to come out. I know what I want to do but I find it hard to build a lineup without knowing whose in, what spot, etc

• Olhausen

@wideopen23 said...

Not sure why these threads are allowed to have so much discussion about last night’s game. If you want to whine about Matt Harvey, go back into yesterday’s thread. We get it, he sucked.

Get out of here with this crap. It’s a baseball forum you goon.

• Olhausen

@dice said...

Do you guys do your lineups now or wait for the lineups to come out. I know what I want to do but I find it hard to build a lineup without knowing whose in, what spot, etc

I wait until all my research is done and then the lineup’s are out.

• paulmsr

@dice said...

in GPPs that fill up early I’ll put in dummy lineups then modify later in the day..

• dice

I just hate like 6pm I have to tell everyone to leave me alone for an hour lol

• xdan3220

Am I crazy for thinking about Posey on DK for $2,800 with the wind really going out against Arrieta. Obviously awful matchup but for $2,800 in favorable conditions at home you don’t get many players of his caliber

• strassnerte

Core of Machado, Trout, Odor, and Valencia. Liking Nola and Cole on the mound.

• ragingmoose

Not crazy at all. Hitters are going to hit. That said, Posey is one of those guys who never ever delivers when I use him (and I may, so I figured I should warn).

• DKLounge13

@xdan3220 said...

Am I crazy for thinking about Posey on DK for $2,800 with the wind really going out against Arrieta. Obviously awful matchup but for $2,800 in favorable conditions at home you don’t get many players of his caliber

I am intrigued with the wind blowing out. I also like montero at the same price

• SweeneyPhoto

Cleveland v Red Sox should be a rake fest as well, Buchholz is a total gas can

• Markley

is there any resource that breaks down BvP by how long ago the at bats occured? like someone mentioned in a previous thread, BvP from 6 years ago isn’t nearly as helpful as BvP from last year

• lloydjv1

@dice said...

I just hate like 6pm I have to tell everyone to leave me alone for an hour lol

And hopefully you arent stuck out on the road in rush hour.

• TheRealJosh5

@xdan3220 said...

Yup, Posey is just a name right now, hasn’t done anything this year.

• barichey

• MisterMister

Can’t imagine east coasters dealing with games in the west ending at 1/2 am (I know most of you go to sleep and wake up to results) and trying to modify after work/in traffic. Here on the west I build LUs after last out and modify around 3 the next day.

• firepimp

@wideopen23 said...

Not sure why these threads are allowed to have so much discussion about last night’s game. If you want to whine about Matt Harvey, go back into yesterday’s thread. We get it, he sucked.

God forbid in a forum about baseball we talk about baseball past and present to enjoy the conversations and talk shop from near and far about whatever and whatever dates. Holllyyyyy crapola what a sin. I find it enjoyable to see how close or far away my DFS brothers and sisters came to money. I enjoy talking shop and hearing others shoptalk. Just because your lineups suck and your wife ran away with Leroy doesn’t mean be a dick to everyone else.

• firepimp

@dice said...

Build a lineup now off of whatever research you feel is right. Then make adjustments 30 to 45 mins before lock in time.

• ms1monsays

Anyone close to the Cincy situation know if the game is going to play or not?

• DFresh121

Joyce/Trumbo or Piscotty/Guyer or Heyward/Holiday for cash?…. DK

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).