7:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( 113 ) at Philadelphia ( -122 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Miami ( 117 ) at NY Mets ( -127 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:40 PM EST : Arizona ( -119 ) at Milwaukee ( 110 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -190 ) at Texas ( 174 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( -118 ) at Chi Sox ( 109 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 173 ) at Minnesota ( -188 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Kansas City ( 182 ) at St. Louis ( -199 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Colorado ( 165 ) at LA Dodgers ( -180 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• ehylton

@Ndepompei said...

Where can I see these? Haven’t seen them yet

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/draftkings-player-first-initiative-you-asked-we-listened-2537689

• mbunner23

@Ndepompei said...

Player first initiative. Click it on DK app.

• 7klub06

@Ndepompei said...

They just sent a email out about the new contest and entry rules

• Semaj89

I havent dug much into it but I like Texas power lefties and Philly as sneaky spots today.

• Mcdonacr

its no longer sneaky to stack the Braves but I am hoping that with Pivetta’s last outing and the Braves being so expensive at the top of the order it keeps the ownership down. Acuna @$4100 is a great play IMO. We haven’t seen a ceiling type game from him yet but its coming. He’s gonna blow for a 2 HR 2 SB type game some time soon

• Semaj89

@Mcdonacr said...

its no longer sneaky to stack the Braves but I am hoping that with Pivetta’s last outing and the Braves being so expensive at the top of the order it keeps the ownership down. Acuna @$4100 is a great play IMO. We haven’t seen a ceiling type game from him yet but its coming. He’s gonna blow for a 2 HR 2 SB type game some time soon

I believe I heard a stat that says they’ve been better on the road this year. Citizens Bank is a great park but I’m hesitant to run out and attack Pivetta, especially on this slate.

• hcassidy

Anyone liking the O’s tonight, going up against a Lefty.

• GaryScott59

@hcassidy said...

Anyone liking the O’s tonight, going up against a Lefty.

I will use Schoop and Machado along with an all Yankee outfield and a couple cheap pitchers

• KindGuy

Is it just me or has offense been down league wide so far this season?

• Benf15harp

@mbunner23 said...

I would like to thank Rickkain for being a man of his word.

Good thing that bet wasn’t made yesterday 🤪
    Congrats on the tix

• Njsum1

@clrockny24 said...

question for everyone: is this the part of the season where MLB DFS starts to get a lot more difficult? It seemed like most of the guys people were talking about this weekend didn’t do much.

I have traditionally done better in MLB this time of the season and going forward. I’m also not a huge data collection guy. I look at fangraphs and stats and stuff but I’m not compiling data and making spreadsheets. Here’s why I think ive been better from this point on over the past few seasons:

1) the very beginning of the season is a straight dice roll. We have last years stats, but players change from year to year…confidence, hitch in swings, new swings…pitchers get new pitches. So at the beginning of the year we’re going off last years stats, and while there is defintely validity to using them we’re getting an incomplete picture for this year. So you just have to hope you’re on the right side of variance to kick the year off.
    At this point, I’m noticing trends, teams to pick on, teams not to, etc. I feel like at this point I’m in the mix.

2) NBA ends for good soon. So a few more less knowledgeable players are going to be learning MLB, which takes time, or just throwing a couple bucks away for fun without giving it much thought.

• Benf15harp

@elementasrat said...

Is it just me or has offense been down league wide so far this season?

They stopped putting steroids in the baseball and are using larger gloves 🤔

• Benf15harp

@Njsum1 said...

I have traditionally done better in MLB this time of the season and going forward. I’m also not a huge data collection guy. I look at fangraphs and stats and stuff but I’m not compiling data and making spreadsheets. Here’s why I think ive been better from this point on over the past few seasons:

1) the very beginning of the season is a straight dice roll. We have last years stats, but players change from year to year…confidence, hitch in swings, new swings…pitchers get new pitches. So at the beginning of the year we’re going off last years stats, and while there is defintely validity to using them we’re getting an incomplete picture for this year. So you just have to hope you’re on the right side of variance to kick the year off.
    At this point, I’m noticing trends, teams to pick on, teams not to, etc. I feel like at this point I’m in the mix.

2) NBA ends for good soon. So a few more less knowledgeable players are going to be learning MLB, which takes time, or just throwing a couple bucks away for fun without giving it much thought.

I never play baseball seriously until nba playoffs are over and then play mlb until playoffs are over before starting up with basketball
    #works4me

• keephustlincuz

@upgradetoquestionable said...

Man I know Colon is due for some serious reverse regression, but I think stacking against him so far this year has been a losing proposition. I went with the lower order Yankee stack yesterday and it turned out pretty well, worried Judge and Stanton gonna overswing against Bartolo’s junk stuff.

Really liking hicks price today. He has been swinging the bat well lately.

• Benf15harp

I’m locking in 100%
    Machado
    Pham
    Judge

• Benf15harp

Chase Anderson ……thoughts?

• biga0787

^^ I’m plugging him in.

• Njsum1

@Benf15harp said...

Chase Anderson ……thoughts?

I dont have a great handle on pitching for tonight’s slate, so I’m only doing a few lineups. I’ve got Chase in 1 of 3 lineups, so I’m a little interested. Matchup and price are good, yet he really isn’t, yet he may be able to get it done tonight.

Only pitcher I really like tonight is….

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #48

RG Tiered Ranking

Anyone playing Soto heavy tonight for Wsh, I know he is a top prospect but a 19 yr old with a lefty lefty match up in his debut makes me nervous

• Njsum1

@Benf15harp said...

I’m locking in 100%
    Machado
    Pham
    Judge

As mentioned I got 3 lineups. Got Pham in all 3..Judge in 2 and Machado in 2.

Here’s comes a combined 0 for 14 with 10 K’s…enjoy 😎

They’re in good spots I’m hoping to be on the right side of variance.

• Benf15harp

@Njsum1 said...

I dont have a great handle on pitching for tonight’s slate, so I’m only doing a few lineups. I’ve got Chase in 1 of 3 lineups, so I’m a little interested. Matchup and price are good, yet he really isn’t, yet he may be able to get it done tonight.

Only pitcher I really like tonight is….

Brandon woodruff had a solid start against diamondbacks lol so why not chase
    I could see taking Goldie as a 1off with Anderson and hope he’s the only one that does damage

• danehalleen

@dbullsfan said...

Anyone playing Soto heavy tonight for Wsh, I know he is a top prospect but a 19 yr old with a lefty lefty match up in his debut makes me nervous

I guess the good news is Erlin hasn’t pitched more than 3 innings all year, so it may be more of a bullpen game instead of the lefty/lefty matchup every time.

• biga0787

@dbullsfan said...

Yes please. I think they will get to erlin fairly early. Imagine he will face a righty at some point in the game

• Benf15harp

@biga0787 said...

Yes please. I think they will get to erlin fairly early. Imagine he will face a righty at some point in the game

Could be some stolen bases there as well

• 7klub06

Juan Soto anyone?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.