7:05 PM EST : Minnesota ( 115 ) at Baltimore ( -125 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:05 PM EST : Colorado ( 101 ) at Philadelphia ( -109 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -116 ) at Cincinnati ( 107 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 100 ) at Tampa Bay ( -108 ) —- T: 8
    7:35 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( -121 ) at Atlanta ( 112 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : SF Giants ( 177 ) at Chi Cubs ( -193 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 113 ) at Houston ( -122 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 161 ) at Arizona ( -175 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• moped_jones

@NYGfan1983 said...

im enjoying arcade mode as well, last couple days ive done 2 2 1 and done pretty well.

I’m enjoying it as well.

I’d like the mixup on FD too if they didn’t have those stupid “themes”.

• moped_jones

@clrockny24 said...

is peacock a worthy starting pitcher?

I’m running two LU’s on FD and I have Peacock going in one of them (Pineda in the other). On DK have both.

• NYGfan1983

i have a feeling going to be some runs in that late game Az vs White Sox

• WestCrook1

Lol Arizona never goes over looked. Get ready for Peralta to be 1000% owned

• WestCrook1

I love how FD prices Peralta like he’s a fringe player

• SweeneyPhoto

Amazing how little BvP data there is for today’s slate, one of those weird slates…

• iron_tactics

@clrockny24 said...

is peacock a worthy starting pitcher?

May only be looking at about 3-4 innings with Peacock and then bullpen to follow. Not really a play for a ceiling and mostly a somewhat safe option to avoid a total bust, like a high priced -6. You’re basically playing big bats with him and hoping all the bats make up for the lack of points. Of course anything can happen but this is probably the most likely scenario (and you’re hoping DET doesn’t show up) and if value bats go off it’s going to erase any chances of taking down a tournament since those with value will most likely have a pitcher with a ceiling that will have significantly more points then Peacock. On DK it may make sense if you’re going to pay up for SP1 but I don’t like the top pitching options today (or any pitcher for that matter) personally.

• murphstahoe

@SweeneyPhoto said...

I like him tonight, looking at his points per inning as a reliever, he averages about 5 with a ceiling of 9 and a floor of 2 – 3.

He goes 5 innings tonight at 5 points per inning for that price, I’m sold.

What I’m reading it seems like 3 innings would be the top end of the range.

• Dirt_Lavert

if you baseball reference Peacock u can see he walked a good amount of people in his handful of starts last year. DET walks among league highest (around 4 a game) this year. Doesn’t look like a recipe for success.

Ramirez is the GPP play for sure. Upside is there but you can’t forget its JC Ramirez lol. And as somebody pointed out TB can hit! And somehow nobody ever seems to play them. DK algorithm loving Dickerson though. He’s 4700 now? Like, wahttt lol

• Conrad

@Dirt_Lavert said...

if you baseball reference Peacock u can see he walked a good amount of people in his handful of starts last year. DET walks among league highest (around 4 a game) this year. Doesn’t look like a recipe for success.

Ramirez is the GPP play for sure. Upside is there but you can’t forget its JC Ramirez lol. And as somebody pointed out TB can hit! And somehow nobody ever seems to play them. DK algorithm loving Dickerson though. He’s 4700 now? Like, wahttt lol

Guy has double donged twice and hit 5 total in the last 5 games.

• Dirt_Lavert

@Conrad said...

Guy has double donged twice and hit 5 total in the last 5 games.

I know I know its’s just weird to see still lol. His price was creeping up but now he’s in that elite tier pretty much.

• DontTrustTheProcess

the Phillies have been making pitchers look like CY Young award winners. The team can’t hit for shit right now. I’m throwing Hoffman in there in a few lineups. Look at Kuhl yesterday what he did against the Phils. It was like Steve Carlton in a Pirates uniform.

• SweeneyPhoto

@murphstahoe said...

What I’m reading it seems like 3 innings would be the top end of the range.

If that’s the case, I’d fade him, he’d have to hit ceiling for all three innings to be worth it.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

Rays are so tricky to go SP against, they have one of the most dangerous offenses in baseball but already have 100 more strikeouts than the next closest AL team, not sure if an NL team is closer. Take the risk you could give up 4/5 runs but know your almost guaranteed 6+k’s

• Dirt_Lavert

Anyone like Feldman? CLE has gone ice cold some games at the plate and Feldman can go the distance. He just doesn’t have the K rate obviously but he’ll probably go overlooked. Had playing pitchers in that park tho for sure.

Pitching is the crapshoot of the night. 2 good pitchers and boom. Should be set.

• DontTrustTheProcess

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Anyone like Feldman? CLE has gone ice cold some games at the plate and Feldman can go the distance. He just doesn’t have the K rate obviously but he’ll probably go overlooked. Had playing pitchers in that park tho for sure.

Pitching is the crapshoot of the night. 2 good pitchers and boom. Should be set.

Did you see last night’s game in Houston? Dong central.

• DontTrustTheProcess

Are there any games tonight that may be postponed by the weather?

• Dirt_Lavert

@DontTrustTheProcess said...

ATL and Cubs are somewhat iffy but should be good. Not 100% but I’m guessing ATL gets cancelled.

• Njsum1

@renegade68 said...

For me, Peacock seems more like a guy Houston is hoping will go 4 or 5 innings and based on his other numbers this year, he could have 6+ K’s if he does. Total boom or bust option tonight.

To me this appears to be the right take on Peacock. He’s 5700 on DK. 3 to 5 innings depending on pitch count seems very accurate. Anywhere from a slight negative to 20 points seems like a reasonable outcome. In short you play this guy because you like the bats and your sp1 and are hoping for around 10 points and banking on ur bats and sp1 to show you the money.

• SweeneyPhoto

@DontTrustTheProcess said...

Check this: https://rotogrinders.com/weather/mlb

• bigsmoot2

@Njsum1 said...

To me this appears to be the right take on Peacock. He’s 5700 on DK. 3 to 5 innings depending on pitch count seems very accurate. Anywhere from a slight negative to 20 points seems like a reasonable outcome. In short you play this guy because you like the bats and your sp1 and are hoping for around 10 points and banking on ur bats and sp1 to show you the money.

Tigers have been very hot lately, so there is that.

• Gheag2014

Houston stack is risky but there’s upside at those prices, 3.2 Beltran, 4.2 springer. From what I’ve heard around town it doesn’t sound like peacock will go very deep at all, although last year I think he did go 5 in a spot start last year an did alright. Right now have Ramirez as my sp2 but could go to peacock idk

• Spider2YBannana

Need a bit of help from anyone with best knowledge of starting lineups. They just put out the astros lineup and there are conflicting batting orders across multiple sites…which one should I trust most?

• JENSGT

@IrishCarBomb9 said...

Today is going to be a big day to follow Kevin Roth, lots of weather to follow before you can even consider your player pool. Although if anything gets rained out maybe they will just cancel the whole slate on DK…

This made me chuckle…and I needed a chuckle.

• Dirt_Lavert

So if Peralta somehow busts Gardner could be a solid pivot at the same price on DK. Vargas has higher ISO vs lefties but ppl will see a l v l mu and go away from gardner (unless they’re stacking yankees probably)

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler