7:10 PM EST : Miami ( 110 ) at Detroit ( -119 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( 0 ) at Tampa Bay ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:10 PM EST : Washington ( 102 ) at NY Mets ( -111 ) —- T: 6.5
    7:45 PM EST : Kansas City ( 0 ) at St. Louis ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:05 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 132 ) at Chi Cubs ( -143 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 289 ) at Houston ( -321 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:07 PM EST : Minnesota ( -121 ) at LA Angels ( 112 ) —- T: 9
    9:45 PM EST : Atlanta ( -148 ) at SF Giants ( 136 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• me_mike84

@Pandamonious said...

86.95 here with Castillo. Pretty sad. Was 1st in the $44 on DK. Now that line up might not even cash. Not that it was certain to stay there anyway. Nor any of my other 6 line ups.

i was in 1st in two big tournaments. was winning 1,400 now i’m winning 213.

• Pilobious

Castillo should have cruised with a 5-0 lead. Wins on a weak hitting Reds team are hard to get.

• cjs5555

RG Overall Ranking

i feel like i should be happy with my 0.4 DK pts from jefry rodriguez, right?

• captainwacky

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #47

RG Tiered Ranking

@Renodog said...

No offense taken, I am here to learn and get better, I guess people didn’t like Montas and the price discount as much as I did, I wasn’t sure Castillo would be a difference maker compared to bats.

And I don’t want to imply that you should always just play the most talented/expensive pitcher because he’s better and in an OK spot. Usually, I like if there’s viable pivots or even people who will have similar outings should they both just do OK. I didn’t view this slate as representative of that (even though I didn’t mind Montas or Marco gonzales), so I just played as much Castillo as possible. Obviously that’s not always going to work out, but I believe it was the right move, results aside.

• sjmay111

@Renodog said...

Castillo is around 85% in cash in my early slate DK, do people just put in the highest price pitcher? I mean he is good, but pitching in a hitters park against a decent team AND his price is so high you can’t put in the good Royals, Cardinals, Rangers, Mariners bats, I faded and figured he would be around 40% owned in cash with the other two decent pitching choices, Montas and Davies.

I get that Davies pooped the bed, but the Reds doing that to Davies was less likely than Brewers getting to Castillo, or am I crazy?

I dunno, I had Castillo, Wacha as the top 2 pitchers, then Oakland, Milwauke and Seattle as the top 3 offenses, so now that we know I have completely no idea what I am doing, I played Wacha vs what I had was the lowest risk offense in KC, but also allowed me to spend on the bats of Seattle and OAK.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

I know Cleveland has been bad, but I kept staying away from pitchers against them because of the talent. Now that I see they lost a step I’ll use almost any pitcher against them from here on out.

• Renodog

@sjmay111 said...

I dunno, I had Castillo, Wacha as the top 2 pitchers, then Oakland, Milwauke and Seattle as the top 3 offenses, so now that we know I have completely no idea what I am doing, I played Wacha vs what I had was the lowest risk offense in KC, but also allowed me to spend on the bats of Seattle and OAK.

I had KC pretty high just because of an article I read on the DFS army website about the cardinals catcher in the early game being easy to steal on, so I was Texas, Seattle, Cards, KC offense wise and the prices moved me off of Castillo. Anyway, thanks for the comments/replies, good stuff.

• Njsum1

@damionismyname said...

I know Cleveland has been bad, but I kept staying away from pitchers against them because of the talent. Now that I see they lost a step I’ll use almost any pitcher against them from here on out.

Montas was being underrated

• Renodog

I learned about Cleveland counting on their bats to win me some DK money, today and often I will be on the opposing pitcher train.

• sjmay111

@Renodog said...

I had KC pretty high just because of an article I read on the DFS army website about the cardinals catcher in the early game being easy to steal on, so I was Texas, Seattle, Cards, KC offense wise and the prices moved me off of Castillo. Anyway, thanks for the comments/replies, good stuff.

Curious cuz I always gather as much info as I can, but how do you rank the offenses? Or I guess, what do you look at? I concentrate I guess on ISO, OBA, WRC+ and HH% and then rank them how they score in each and average it out etc….

• damionismyname

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

@Renodog said...

I learned about Cleveland counting on their bats to win me some DK money, today and often I will be on the opposing pitcher train.

Cleveland has been shut out a lot this year it seems.

• biga0787

I’m thinking of stacking ny and stl on main slate and taking a guy like urena

• Renodog

@sjmay111 said...

Curious cuz I always gather as much info as I can, but how do you rank the offenses? Or I guess, what do you look at? I concentrate I guess on ISO, OBA, WRC+ and HH% and then rank them how they score in each and average it out etc….

I probably am not using the right information compared to you, but I like to use vegas total, handedness tendancies of the pitcher or hitter, and batting order with price. I also, on occasion, if there are similarly priced players in decent spots look at past 4 or 5 game trends, if they are in a “slump”, but I am open to the idea that this isn’t a good thing to do in baseball, feel free to comment. I don’t trust my ability to use ISO, OBA, and WRC+. My focus is cash though, not tourney, so I am not really going for extremes.

• cjs5555

RG Overall Ranking

@biga0787 said...

I’m thinking of stacking ny and stl on main slate and taking a guy like urena

this might be the best matchup of the year for urena….so i’d expect him to get -10 tonight because that’s how pitching works this year.

• cjs5555

RG Overall Ranking

@Renodog said...

I probably am not using the right information compared to you, but I like to use vegas total, handedness tendancies of the pitcher or hitter, and batting order with price. I also, on occasion, if there are similarly priced players in decent spots look at past 4 or 5 game trends, if they are in a “slump”, but I am open to the idea that this isn’t a good thing to do in baseball, feel free to comment. I don’t trust my ability to use ISO, OBA, and WRC+. My focus is cash though, not tourney, so I am not really going for extremes.

i like to look at strikeouts for hitters….are they trending up or down past few games? if a guy has been slumping but suddenly is striking out less, may be primed to start hitting

• Olhausen

@cjs5555 said...

apparently luis arraez was the highest scoring 2B last night so i get a free DK contest in the spring series. didn’t even realize this was going on.

I got a free entry into the one for last night for having the highest scoring first or third baseman the night before. I scored a 196.95 and took 2nd place in it last night. Also took 46th in the mini max and made a few hundred bucks in the winner take all 50$ and 100$ to first games. I’ve used Texas pitchers the last 2 days and last night I paired Lynn with verlander. It almost gave me a heart attack when they put Lynn back out on the mound with 99 pitches. He gave up 2 runs but got a couple of strike outs to save my night. “(player-popup #jackie-bradley)Jackie Bradley”:/players/jackie-bradley-18014’s meaninglessness home run in the 9th put me in position to have a big night instead of a so so night. The rest of my lineup was the Lower owned Yankees and Gary Sanchez!

• Renodog

That’s an interesting idea, seems pretty rational.

• cjs5555

RG Overall Ranking

@Olhausen said...

I got a free entry into the one for last night for having the highest scoring first or third baseman the night before. I scored a 196.95 and took 2nd place in it last night. Also took 46th in the mini max and made a few hundred bucks in the winner take all 50$ and 100$ to first games. I’ve used Texas pitchers the last 2 days and last night I paired Lynn with verlander. It almost gave me a heart attack when they put Lynn back out on the mound with 99 pitches. He gave up 2 runs but got a couple of strike outs to save my night. “(player-popup #jackie-bradley)Jackie Bradley”:/players/jackie-bradley-18014’s meaninglessness home run in the 9th put me in position to have a big night instead of a so so night. The rest of my lineup was the Lower owned Yankees and Gary Sanchez!

nice work! that’s pretty much the opposite of what i did!

• cjs5555

RG Overall Ranking

nailed the royals stack….now could edwin and haniger do something please?

• Renodog

I can’t believe Rangers bullpen at home is doing this, I also have them both.

• biga0787

Samardzija at home for 6k on fanduel. Stacking yankees and cardinals. I’m coming for you jayzee

• PhoFever

Castillo, Severino, Teherán…these guys are the pure definition of streaky. Huge upside, and equally huge downside. You can NEVER put them completely in your circle of trust. I tend to use them in GPPs only.

• yisman

just when I thought the day couldn’t get any worse, Narvaez leaves with a knee injury

• damionismyname

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

@yisman said...

just when I thought the day couldn’t get any worse, Narvaez leaves with a knee injury

at $4700 too.

• somanyrings

I hate doing this but could someone tell me what place 162 would be in the $44 tournament

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler