7:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 105 ) at Tampa Bay ( -114 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -174 ) at Cincinnati ( 160 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:35 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 100 ) at Atlanta ( -108 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:40 PM EST : Toronto ( 104 ) at Milwaukee ( -113 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 195 ) at Houston ( -213 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 174 ) at Arizona ( -189 ) —- T: 10.5
    10:05 PM EST : Miami ( 110 ) at Oakland ( -119 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( 233 ) at LA Dodgers ( -256 ) —- T: 6.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• achubs

Are D. Peralta and Cargo must plays in cash games on FD for their prices?

• jtkucheck

@elementasrat said...

They actually have one southpaw in the pen.

Fair. Missed him. He’s not exactly a LOOGY though, more of a mop-up guy. Doubt anyone is getting pinch hit for.

• ChaosM83

RG Overall Ranking

Here’s hoping the Nationals continue their ridiculous run support for Ross tonight!

• Dirt_Lavert

@DontTrustTheProcess said...

So yesterday I posted about the Phillies and how terrible they are now at the plate. I watch them every night. Said I was going to go heavy on Hoffman which worked out well. The Phils suck. They have a bunch of players that don’t even know how to approach the plate. Franco took a bunch of swings at balls that weren’t even close to the strike zone and so off balance. There isn’t a single player on that team with any threat potential against pitchers. I’m going back to Colorado pitcher tonight as well.

TBH I thought about your posts all night. Hoffman was the value pitcher of the night. And I paid for Odo and Pineda hahaha. Like the take on tonight. I pretty much saw Hoffman with 86 pitches in one start and said I couldn’t do it.

• DontTrustTheProcess

@jtkucheck said...

More interested in A’s LHBs… Joyce, Lowrie, Alonso, maybe even Vogt. Jose Urena is bad and the entire Marlins bullpen is right handed so there won’t be any platoon subs…

Urena isn’t that bad He’s only given up a few earned runs in his last 3 or 4 starts.

• Dirt_Lavert

@Lathum said...

Harvey has no upside, zero, none.

Huge Mets fan, keep waiting for him to come out of it.

The problem is the guy doesn’t really know how to pitch, he has always gotten by with great stuff. Now that he doesn’t have it he continues to get shelled and can’t string together outs or shut down rallies with Ks.

I would bet Padres put up 5-6 runs on him.

The Padres are priced like they are facing an ace too.

Betting a lot of sharp people will play them as they will be sneaky and they’re pretty much free. If they hit 2-3 hrs and you can have 2 elite pitchers? IDK, lots of ways to go of course.

• DontTrustTheProcess

@Dirt_Lavert said...

TBH I thought about your posts all night. Hoffman was the value pitcher of the night. And I paid for Odo and Pineda hahaha. Like the take on tonight. I pretty much saw Hoffman with 86 pitches in one start and said I couldn’t do it.

Yes. I’m with you on going with Marquez. The Phils are so bad right now. They’re more worried about their antics at the batters box than hitting the ball. Watching Herrera take 20 minutes to do his thing before he gets in the box before each pitch is excruciating.

• jtkucheck

Urena isn’t that bad He’s only given up a few earned runs in his last 3 or 4 starts.

Looking at his peripherals, he’s doing that with smoke and mirrors… Super low K-rate going up against a team that has the 2nd highest barrel % seems like it won’t end well for the SP. Y’all don’t have to agree with me though.

• WestCrook1

Why is Carpenter 1.5 on FD? Lol

• bigsmoot2

Amir Garrett for anyone tonight?

Been pretty good at home, nice K rate, and the Indians have been more miss than hit lately.

• Dirt_Lavert

Yes. I’m with you on going with Marquez. The Phils are so bad right now. They’re more worried about their antics at the batters box than hitting the ball. Watching Herrera take 20 minutes to do his thing before he gets in the box before each pitch is excruciating.

Yea man it’s definitely some great insight. No way we can all watch all the games. Franco has so much potential but whenever I’ve seen them play he looks… idk… distracted? Not sure if that’s the right word. It’s kinda like Hanley where he’s not totally involved a lot of the time.

I’ve watched or listened to all the red sox games. Porcello has been awesome but the red sox are a dumpster fire and they can’t score for him or Sale. And that is starting to get to them. I mean. They lost to the A’s with Sale on the mound. Pathetic. Farrell is in hot water for sure and the team is blowing up in front of everyone now with the Pomeranz debacle (Pomeranz is just awful, honestly hate him and David Price. Been a sox fan my whole life. Never liked those guys especially with this Price nonsense latey).

I honestly think the red sox lose tonight. Just a gut feeling. They really don’t score for Porcello sadly. I’d say Rick is a decent play too but idk. Definitely lots of K opportunities in that lu and the BvP is in favor of Porcello for the most part. He’s also 8500 on DK? Finally not 9k huhh. That’s actually pretty legit.

• BmoreClutch

@WestCrook1 said...

Why is Carpenter 1.5 on FD? Lol

All the Cardinals hitters are under $2K. I hate when FD does stupid shit like this.

• CSMWSU17

Like Lester but don’t trust the weather. Same goes for Joe Ross. Thinking of going cheap with pitching Harvey/Hahn and maybe stacking some Arizona bats.

• Yacht67

@noheartanthony said...

I don’t think the average joe is putting ~$200+ on the line every night.

I don’t think so either.

• Dirt_Lavert

Marlins and Padres are so cheap. Not amazing plays and the padres are cold. I’m betting some sharps go in on them though. Really helps you fit in good pitching. and a team stack like AZ.

I’m also considering stacking AZ without Peralta. 4700 and he’s not doing too much lately. And it’s the righty bats with higher ISO vs Covey. Can this be a Tomas double dong night?

• IronMonkey415

They better score tonight.
    Have Mookie and Hanley all over the place.

• Yacht67

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Marlins and Padres are so cheap. Not amazing plays and the padres are cold. I’m betting some sharps go in on them though. Really helps you fit in good pitching. and a team stack like AZ.

I’m also considering stacking AZ without Peralta. 4700 and he’s not doing too much lately. And it’s the righty bats with higher ISO vs Covey. Can this be a Tomas double dong night?

Solarte is pretty much free on DK.

• Yacht67

If i go harvey in some. I will have to have some Hedges and solarte as a counter in others.

• Dirt_Lavert

@IronMonkey415 said...

They better score tonight.
    Have Mookie and Hanley all over the place.

I will warn you that they don’t score for Porcello. Definitely not a matchup thing at this point. Rick is 2-5 but should be wayy better. If only the red sox could get a handful of runs for him each game.

Hanley is also just not involved lately. The red sox are just a dumpster fire right now. I’d play moreland over hanley 100% until hanley proves that he wants to be there. Moreland has just been garbage in fenway. Almost can’t play him at home.

• Yacht67

The .25 jukebox arcade filled its not even 3pm……

• DontTrustTheProcess

@jtkucheck said...

Looking at his peripherals, he’s doing that with smoke and mirrors… Super low K-rate going up against a team that has the 2nd highest barrel % seems like it won’t end well for the SP. Y’all don’t have to agree with me though.

I“m just looking at his last 3 starts and his ERA. It’s not like teams are scoring 5 + runs on him every night.

• Syzltuth

He’s been pretty cold (like the rest of the team lately) but rg has benintendi as the highest scoring bos bat tonight. Not exactly sure why, cashners lefty splits aren’t horrendous and Benny doesn’t have any history against him that I saw. On the other side, looks like Odor likes hitting against Porcello, has some good #‘s.

Edit – was supposed to have quoted Dirt_Levert above /\

• SweeneyPhoto

@Dirt_Lavert said...

I will warn you that they don’t score for Porcello. Definitely not a matchup thing at this point. Rick is 2-5 but should be wayy better. If only the red sox could get a handful of runs for him each game.

Hanley is also just not involved lately. The red sox are just a dumpster fire right now. I’d play moreland over hanley 100% until hanley proves that he wants to be there. Moreland has just been garbage in fenway. Almost can’t play him at home.

yep, I am a lifelong Sox fan and watch every game, they are still not firing on all cylinders, not even close. At best I would play a one off with a good matchup.

Also, Benitendi is lost at the plate lately, he better figure it out soon.

• SweeneyPhoto

I“m just looking at his last 3 starts and his ERA. It’s not like teams are scoring 5 + runs on him every night.

Urena is getting really lucky, there’s been a bunch of hard hit balls that have either been right at people, or have gone just foul, stuff like that. He’s due for some serious regression.

• Lathum

@Yacht67 said...

The .25 jukebox arcade filled its not even 3pm……

yeah, noon on the east coast and the FD $1 3 entry max and the $3 50K guarantee both filled. Its total crap that these tournaments are full before someones lunch break.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).