7:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 105 ) at Tampa Bay ( -114 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -174 ) at Cincinnati ( 160 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:35 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 100 ) at Atlanta ( -108 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:40 PM EST : Toronto ( 104 ) at Milwaukee ( -113 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Detroit ( 195 ) at Houston ( -213 ) —- T: 8.5
    9:40 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 174 ) at Arizona ( -189 ) —- T: 10.5
    10:05 PM EST : Miami ( 110 ) at Oakland ( -119 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( 233 ) at LA Dodgers ( -256 ) —- T: 6.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• bigsmoot2

Anyone looking at JMont or Garrett tonight?

• steelcitydozer

@Lathum said...

yeah, noon on the east coast and the FD $1 3 entry max and the $3 50K guarantee both filled. Its total crap that these tournaments are full before someones lunch break.

I ‘ve learned after NBA and NHL are done
    In order to play in those you must wake up and throw in dummy lineups to hold your spot.

• jtkucheck

@DontTrustTheProcess said...

I“m just looking at his last 3 starts and his ERA. It’s not like teams are scoring 5 + runs on him every night.

3 game sample size and ERA are your statistics of choice to research?

I suppose I wouldn’t link my screen name, either.

• Lathum

@steelcitydozer said...

I ‘ve learned after NBA and NHL are done
    In order to play in those you must wake up and throw in dummy lineups to hold your spot.

yeah, I usually do, just forgot today

• SweeneyPhoto

I reserve my spots while having my morning coffee, it’s really easy to do on DK’s phone app.

• DontTrustTheProcess

@jtkucheck said...

No. That is not part of my research. First of all, ERA is ERA. There’s no fudging it. If someone’s ERA is low than isn’t that something to consider at all when researching even a little bit? I“m not arguing with you at all. I“m just saying it’s not like he’s getting lit up. Or is he?

• achubs

Looking for advice on FD cash pitcher. I’m tempted to roll out Marquez but for just 900 more I can get McCullers, who I’m thinking might be a safer bet. Thoughts?

• dame_face_420

Relatively new to MLB dfs, been enjoying the arcade mode the last week or so, starting to pick things up. So who do you guys think are the stand out plays for the 9 game arcade slate today? Kepler seems way too cheap, Yanks, Rockies, Nats, Indians in good spots. Seems like everyone outside this forum likes Boston a lot tonight. What else we got? Does RG have ownership predictions for non-subscribers?

Also, it seems to pay off in arcade mode to play a cheap pitcher and load up the bats. Though of course it could always go either way, but with all the bonus pts for hitters I’m always more inclined to pay down at the lone P spot. Tonight I’m lookin at Marquez, Mongomery and even a share of Ross.

• Conrad

A team not scoring runs for a pitcher(s) really has nothing to do with the pitcher or his ability. The Red Sox scored what 7.5 runs a game for Porcello last year and helped vault him to a Cy Young. He’s certainly seen that run support regression come back to bite him this year but I would say that positive regression should be coming in that category for 2017.

As for Sox hitters.
    Its Mookie if your paying up for a guy whose locked in and does just about everything, he’s probably the 3rd or 4th best player in the league. Hanley is as streaky as they come and I feel like he’s coming into a heater right now. Moreland stinks at Fenway. Benni seems like he’s hit a bit of a wall but that might be road trip blues. Some home cooking might be good for him. Other then that this lineup just isn’t that good. If Xander isn’t stealing bases I don’t know how you pay over 3k for a SS that doesn’t hit for power (and I love Xander from a real life stand point, I think he’s an insanely good hitter). Bottom line is this current Boston team doesn’t hit the ball out of the ball park enough to be a really viable stack in any ball park. They absolutely will need to add power to the middle of that order if they wanna be a contender. I’d take a Yanks, Rays or Orioles stack on a nightly basis over a Red Sox stack.

• bigticket

@Lathum said...

yeah, noon on the east coast and the FD $1 3 entry max and the $3 50K guarantee both filled. Its total crap that these tournaments are full before someones lunch break.

Seriously Noon est? That’s a effin joke. Well done Fanduel. I was wondering why I couldn’t find either of those contests when I got home. I just put a withdrawl in for my entire balance. It’s not much but a few hundred dollars. I’m done there. Fuck them

• jtkucheck

@DontTrustTheProcess said...

No. That is not part of my research. First of all, ERA is ERA. There’s no fudging it. If someone’s ERA is low than isn’t that something to consider at all when researching even a little bit? I“m not arguing with you at all. I“m just saying it’s not like he’s getting lit up. Or is he?

ERA is probably the least useful statistic you could look at for a pitcher besides W-L record. If we disagree on that point, there isn’t much hope for a productive discussion.

• moped_jones

@bigsmoot2 said...

Check out the Cardinal prices on FD, between 1500-1900, wonder if one may be worth a one off like Gyorko or Piscotty, guys that hit lefties pretty well.

I just noticed that and came here to find out why. I know they are playing Kershaw, but still these are NBA playoff bench-warmer prices.

All in on Fowler. He has good numbers against Kershaw. Might stack their entire outfield in 1 LU and go bonkers with the rest of the lineup.

• Conrad

@jtkucheck said...

This is so dumb. “Hey look at me, I’m definitely smarter and a better player this guy.”

I’d also argue that baseball is the sport most inclined to use recency bias or the smaller sample size over other sports. Let me see the guy at the plate that is absolutely locked in ala JD Martinez or Corey Dickerson or Eric Thames, etc. Or a pitcher whose throwing the ball really well in the short term. Am I not gunna play Eric Thames because his life time numbers tell me not too or am I gunna play him because the guy just absolutely kept raking and his numbers within a week were absurd? Am I gunna look at what Chris Sale did last year on the White Sox pitching to contact or the guy who is mowing down every teamin his way?

I’m not saying its the only method of research you should be using but what a player has been doing in the short term has a lot greater impact in baseball then it does in just about any other sport.

• DontTrustTheProcess

@Conrad said...

This is so dumb. “Hey look at me, I’m definitely smarter and a better player this guy.”

I’d also argue that baseball is the sport most inclined to use recency bias or the smaller sample size over other sports. Let me see the guy at the plate that is absolutely locked in ala JD Martinez or Corey Dickerson or Eric Thames, etc. Or a pitcher whose throwing the ball really well in the short term. Am I not gunna play Eric Thames because his life time numbers tell me not too or am I gunna play him because the guy just absolutely kept raking and his numbers within a week were absurd? Am I gunna look at what Chris Sale did last year on the White Sox pitching to contact or the guy who is mowing down every teamin his way?

I’m not saying its the only method of research you should be using but what a player has been doing in the short term has a lot greater impact in baseball then it does in just about any other sport.

Agreed. Baseball is the one sport where you can look at who’s hot or who’s not. When players are slumping, they are really slumping. My point is a pitcher’s ERA is what it is. Yes, ERA has alot to do with some things doesn’t it?

• Sizmik

Not sure why but im gunna risk a Mets stack tonight….i think they rock him at low ownership, anyone seeing what im seeing?

• KindGuy

Probably staying on the Votto and Sano train.

• bigsmoot2

@Sizmik said...

Not sure why but im gunna risk a Mets stack tonight….i think they rock him at low ownership, anyone seeing what im seeing?

Thinking about it, can´t decide on them or someone else to stack though.

• KindGuy

Gonna try my hand at multi entering. 7 entries in a $.25 league. Leggo.

• Luctyl99

Why is no one talking about the Rockies? Facing a terrible pitcher I’ll take all the Blackmon and arenado I can get

• jtkucheck

@Conrad said...

This was originally a discussion about Jose Urena being bad, and whether or not the A’s were a viable stack, an argument I was making. Having indicated that Urena’s K rate was incredibly low and suggesting that some BABIP regression was in order, not to mention that his BFIP and ERA didn’t really make sense with each other, I was presented with the fact that Urena has a low-ish ERA and hasn’t given up 5+ runs in his last three starts as a counter-argument. This not only doesn’t address anything I’ve said in my Pro-A’s stack argument, it doesn’t even really refute it.

I don’t recall saying anything about “smarter” or “better player”, but if you link your profile to your results, that’s a good way of indicating how valuable your input should be. If you don’t, that’s probably another good way of indicating the value of your input.

• mathewsmarner

for those playing cws/ari how many of you are taking davidson over goldschmidt?

• bill5000

White Sox stack looking decent tonight

• bigsmoot2

@mathewsmarner said...

for those playing cws/ari how many of you are taking davidson over goldschmidt?

NL park, who knows if Davidson starts tonight, with Abreu most likely for sure starting.

• yanksfan1

On nights with full 15 game slates, should you stack? On FD, I have a few lineups split 4 hitters from one team and 4 from another with a cheap pitcher but I feel like on a full slate you need to pick your spots as there will be multiple people who have big nights from multiple teams

• Conrad

@Sizmik said...

I see 11/11 walks/strikeouts in 67 plate appearances vs the SP with good overall BvP from a lefty heavy team and said SP struggles with lefties with a bad bullpen behind him that’s coming off a cross country trip and a weekend series that the bullpen threw 15 innings with a SP throwing a complete game. (deeep breath)

I love the tournament stack of the lefties at 2-3% ownership.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).