8:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 181 ) at Minnesota ( -198 ) — T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Boston ( -135 ) at Houston ( 125 ) — T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : NY Yankes ( -145 ) at Kansas City ( 135 ) — T: 9.5
    8:15 PM EST : Atlanta ( 136 ) at St Louis ( -148 ) — T: 9.5
    8:40 PM EST : Baltimore ( 150 ) at Colorado ( -163 ) — T: 12
    10:07 PM EST : Texas ( 138 ) at LA Angels ( -150 ) — T: 9
    10:07 PM EST : Seattle ( 145 ) at Oakland ( -157 ) — T: 9.5
    10:15 PM EST : Arizona ( -117 ) at San Francisco ( 108 ) —T: 7

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• RatedDAL

Another massive Friday slate. I tend to play a lot less on Fridays. I like Thor and Ranger-Angel bats.

• feekdogg

Robbie Ray is staring at me, but that jerk burns me every single time. He’ll strike out 7, give up 4 runs and throw 104 pitches in 4.1 innings.

• Timboslice528

So is everyone gonna be on Coors tonight? From an O’s fan, might be careful with stacking Rockies. I realize that it’s the Orioles and a lefty in Coors BUTTTT Means has been dominant especially against right handed heavy teams like Boston, Angels etc. I think the Orioles might actually be the better play tonight. And I NEVER play my O’s lol

• RatedDAL

@Timboslice528 said...

So is everyone gonna be on Coors tonight? From an O’s fan, might be careful with stacking Rockies. I realize that it’s the Orioles and a lefty in Coors BUTTTT Means has been dominant especially against right handed heavy teams like Boston, Angels etc. I think the Orioles might actually be the better play tonight. And I NEVER play my O’s lol

I’m with you. I’m considering throwing a lineup together with Means. 5800 on FD even at Coors is hard to ignore.

• Timboslice528

@RatedDAL said...

I’m with you. I’m considering throwing a lineup together with Means. 5800 on FD even at Coors is hard to ignore.

One thing that Means has that can lead to success in Coors is a changeup, and a really good one. He uses it a lot.

• Njsum1

@Timboslice528 said...

One thing that Means has that can lead to success in Coors is a changeup, and a really good one. He uses it a lot.

He also doesn’t throw much breaking stuff, mostly fb and change, a pitch mix that plays better than most at Coors. But if you think I’m not going to be rolling out a few Rockies stacks….

• Timboslice528

@Njsum1 said...

He also doesn’t throw much breaking stuff, mostly fb and change, a pitch mix that plays better than most at Coors. But if you think I’m not going to be rolling out a few Rockies stacks….

Lol oh yeah cause Means usually goes 5 maybe 6 and that if he’s on tonight. Then comes in the O’s bullpen and they were made for Coors! Story I feel def is chalk. Be interesting to see who hits leadoff with Blackmon out.

• NYGfan1983

@Timboslice528 said...

could be a great play

• NYGfan1983

the O’s are terrible but that does not mean they can’t get it done time to time

• Jase32

I’m back on the DFS train once again. This time, I have this strategy of just playing the same hitters every day and only adjusting if price becomes a factor or someone is not in the lineup. I won’t go any further than that so as to not have my strategy figured out. The shark hunters will figure it out and I will have to slow down. I don’t intend to blow my bankroll this time if I get on a mini run. I have been burned by the wrong stacks too often which is why I never stick to MLB DFS. I hope this works.

• Jase32

I can only afford Mik as a P2, and I don’t like the other options. At the top I have two with Sale and two with Ray.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Means at coors is getting a little too cute imo. Why not Thornton vs SD for not much more?

• yisman

Feliz starting for PIT

edit: “opening”

• Jonas137

@yisman said...

Feliz starting for PIT

Looking like Brault thereafter instead of Stratton, but neither confirmed.

• Olhausen

@Jase32 said...

I’m back on the DFS train once again. This time, I have this strategy of just playing the same hitters every day and only adjusting if price becomes a factor or someone is not in the lineup. I won’t go any further than that so as to not have my strategy figured out. The shark hunters will figure it out and I will have to slow down. I don’t intend to blow my bankroll this time if I get on a mini run. I have been burned by the wrong stacks too often which is why I never stick to MLB DFS. I hope this works.

Stacking the same players day after day is a sure fire way to lose money.

• frugal

@Olhausen said...

Stacking the same players day after day is a sure fire way to lose money.

I agree entirely. There are certain guys I’m going to gravitate towards often especially based on field/pitching. But trying to roster the same exact guys every day sounds like a recipe for failure.

• madmanjayWV

Ugly-ish 14-game slate today……. maybe just pay up for pitching b/c that ALWAYS WORKS, wait to see the lineups and then pick and pray for some cheap dongs……

is HOFFMAN throwing for the ROCKIES? MLB.com doesn’t show an SP yet

• Olhausen

@frugal said...

I agree entirely. There are certain guys I’m going to gravitate towards often especially based on field/pitching. But trying to roster the same exact guys every day sounds like a recipe for failure.

Yeah you can definitely target a few players or a single player you think is going to go off soon. I did it with Jackie Bradley but only because he was a cheap punt that allowed me to go after more expensive players. Low and and behold he hit me a late inning bomb on Tuesday that brought my lineup to a 196 and made me some nice coin.

• EricQ23

Adams in the middle of the Nats lineup looks scrumptious

• cjs5555

Robbie Ray has thrown only 52 IP across 10 starts this year. He is $11k on DK!!! He has 29 Ks in 19 IP at home this year but only 38 Ks in 33 IP on road (small sample and he didn’t have big home/road K/9 splits in previous years).

• zeeshan2

Can’t decide on OFs today; do I pick guys like Betts and Trout or go for Rockie and A’s bats?

• Tcbaseballfan

We’re going to win Twins, we’re going to score……

• captainwacky

@frugal said...

I mean… I play a lot of lineups, but I’ve been overweight on Franmil Reyes every single day this year (and actually buxton, too, but to a slightly lesser extent)— it’s worked thus far, but I’m mostly just being stubborn and cute by doing it and it’s happened to have worked out.

• captainwacky

Mostly I just want to point out that Franmil is a beast and this is the first time all year his price has been remotely accurate.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #88

RG Tiered Ranking

I have 3 Angels in my cash lineup and my head is spinning but I also really like my lineup.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).