8:05 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 137 ) at Texas ( -149 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 128 ) at Milwaukee ( -139 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 137 ) at Kansas City ( -149 ) —- T: 8
    8:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( 111 ) at Colorado ( -120 ) —- T: 10.5
    9:40 PM EST : San Diego ( 153 ) at Arizona ( -166 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : Detroit ( -123 ) at Oakland ( 114 ) —- T: 8
    10:05 PM EST : Houston ( -120 ) at LA Angels ( 111 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 218 ) at Seattle ( -239 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

Grinders Live
    1:30 (MLB Jakz101 / BigT44 / CheeseIsGood (FD Lineup Builder)
    3:30 (MLB) JeffElJefe / DraftCheat
    4:30 (MLB) BritDevine / BoggsLite
    5:30 (MLB) Dean78904 / Derek Carty
    6:30 (MLB) Emac

RotoGrinders Morning Grind: 5/27/2016
    MLB First Look: Friday, May 27th
    Rotonomics: Advanced MLB Statistics
    C.R.U.Z. MLB Model

• TeamTwerk

Urias!! Woohoo! Too bad about the mid 80s pitch limit but if this guy is even half as good as I’ve heard him talked up over the past couple years the pitch limit might not matter. 1.10 ERA in the minors with lots of strikeouts.

• deejones49

I can see JBJ hitting 2 homers tonight. Pete Rose went 4/5 the game after his hitting streak ended.

• bigstacks2015

I probably won’t do it, but Baltimore has been striking out a lot lately, any interest in Bauer?

• paulmsr

@deejones49 said...

Pete Rose went 4/5 the game after his hitting streak ended.

Pete Rose he is not… dont even think he comes close to sniffing Rose’s jock strap

• awilson45

@TeamTwerk said...

Urias!! Woohoo! Too bad about the mid 80s pitch limit but if this guy is even half as good as I’ve heard him talked up over the past couple years the pitch limit might not matter. 1.10 ERA in the minors with lots of strikeouts.

At 7600 on DK I’m having a tough time passing on him. Hoping that pitch count keeps people off of him

• paulmsr

i think he’s going to be so over owned tonight, he’s a Dodger pitching in New York w/ huge minor lg numbers..

• TomCats83

@awilson45 said...

Isn’t Bauer a notorious fly ball guy? He has upside, but he could get jacked up by the O’s who have a lot of power spread throughout the lineup. Is Cleveland considered a hitters, pitchers, or a neutral park?

My understanding is that Cleveland is a hitter’s park in that a lot of hits and doubles are given up there, however, it’s one of the weaker HR parks in baseball. If Bauer gets rocked I think it will be off a lot of doubles and not HRs but that’s just me…

• fcurev

• Blogger of the Month

gpp wise fading carlos smart or just a lock and load?

• TomCats83

@paulmsr said...

i think he’s going to be so over owned tonight, he’s a Dodger pitching in New York w/ huge minor lg numbers..

I really really want to start him but i’m not going to for this exact reason… I wish FD had priced him higher so he wasn’t such an attractive option. Probably going with King Felix tonight – terrible team, great stadium, what’s not to love?

• Capone1233

@bigstacks2015 said...

I probably won’t do it, but Baltimore has been striking out a lot lately, any interest in Bauer?

Im using Bauer. I always play pitchers against Orioles. It’s either boom or a huge bust.

• pmsimkins

• 2014 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

• 2015 FanDuel WFBBC Finalist

@awilson45 said...

At 7600 on DK I’m having a tough time passing on him. Hoping that pitch count keeps people off of him

At 7600 on DK I’m having a tough time even remotely considering him.

• Capone1233

@pmsimkins said...

At 7600 on DK I’m having a tough time even remotely considering him.

$7600 is a pretty fair price. Who else are you going to play in the $6-$8k range? Conley, Bauer, Garcia?

• JustRaze

@Capone1233 said...

Im using Bauer. I always play pitchers against Orioles. It’s either boom or a huge bust.

After playing lots of Orioles and watching them strike out in a matter of 5 seconds I’m convinced. Def throwing a few in there. To be fair, if Houston didn’t have a bullshit 450 ft center field fence the Os would have hit 2+ home runs last night no problem.

• mabrla

The kid’s never thrown more than 90 pitches in his career. If he gets stretched out at any point he won’t make it 5 innings….but he does have electric stuff.

I can’t do it though.

• pmsimkins

@Capone1233 said...

$7600 is a pretty fair price. Who else are you going to play in the $6-$8k range? Conley, Bauer, Garcia?

Yes, any of those 3 plus Archer. Also, if you’re going to go talented guy on very restricted pitch count why not go Duffy at 2800 less (weather not withstanding).

7600 for a player in his first start on a really tight count with 27 other pitching options available, some of whom are at discounts that don’t make sense. Pass.

• Capone1233

@pmsimkins said...

Yes, any of those 3 plus Archer. Also, if you’re going to go talented guy on very restricted pitch count why not go Duffy at 2800 less (weather not withstanding).

7600 for a player in his first start on a really tight count with 27 other pitching options available, some of whom are at discounts that don’t make sense. Pass.

Duffy will be lucky to make it 5 innings imo.

• TomCats83

@Capone1233 said...

So will Urias…

One inning of 20 pitches and it’s pretty much guaranteed he won’t make it out of the 5th.

More and more research I do the more and more i’m convinced pitching is incredibly deep today. I’m fading Urias entirely…

• pmsimkins

@Capone1233 said...

Yeah I know, but the same is true of Urias and Duffy is 4800. Also, if Duffy is super efficient and makes 5 he’s got a far better chance of a win. Hitter pricing is a lot tighter on DK tonight. You can put that 2800 to good use there. You could also gamble on Scherzer’s upside at low ownership and still afford solid bats.

• awilson45

I do like Conley tonight. I might end up going with Ray or King Felix if I’m able to shed salary. Aaron Sanchez vs the Sox is a bit ballsy but pretty intriguing.

• Capone1233

Have a feeling Trout hits a couple HR tonight.

• noddy

@awilson45 said...

I do like Conley tonight. I might end up going with Ray or King Felix if I’m able to shed salary. Aaron Sanchez vs the Sox is a bit ballsy but pretty intriguing.

This

• getlucky4

Wright, Cespedes and Walker actually hitting lefties real hard this year. They are also prone to k so pick your poison.

• Olhausen

@Capone1233 said...

Cheap option on DK lately has been Pablo Orlando from KC. Check his game log out. Hits late in order is only downside.

I’m pretty sure it’s Paulo Orlando. And yes he’s been a terrific punt play lately.

• Capone1233

@Olhausen said...

I’m pretty sure it’s Paulo Orlando. And yes he’s been a terrific punt play lately.

My bad. I’ve been playing him lately and he’s been really good. Was able to get me to 4th place in a small GPP last week for $90.

• TheRealJosh5

I think most people rostering Urias figure he’ll only go about 5 innings, 6 max.. He could have 6-7 K’s. But that’s my mindset when I put him in a line up.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler