1:35 PM EST : St. Louis ( -105 ) at Pittsburgh ( -103 ) —- T: 8
    2:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( 120 ) at Milwaukee ( -130 ) —- T: 9
    3:05 PM EST : Kansas City ( 150 ) at Texas ( -163 ) —- T: 10
    3:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 135 ) at Colorado ( -146 ) —- T: 12
    4:05 PM EST : Arizona ( 105 ) at Oakland ( -114 ) —- T: 7.5
    4:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( -113 ) at Seattle ( 104 ) —- T: 8
    8:08 PM EST : SF Giants ( 190 ) at Chi Cubs ( -208 ) —- T: —
    10:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 123 ) at Seattle ( -133 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• FFguru71

Absolutely ridiculous…the ownership ‘s of the White Sox…this is why I don’t do baseball very often…you think you are being contrarian, only to find out the ownership’s on those guys are sky high. Pisses me off

• biga0787

Well I was incorrect

• txdave41

@hcassidy said...

Cervelli was just scratched from the lineup because of Illness.

Crazy day for stratches. I just noticed I needed to get Brandon Nimmo out of my lineup.

• squidkill

Switched flowers for Barnhart Idiot. Flowers is sales daddy. 1% owned 🤦🏽‍♂️

• Zieg30

@FFguru71 said...

Absolutely ridiculous…the ownership ‘s of the White Sox…this is why I don’t do baseball very often…you think you are being contrarian, only to find out the ownership’s on those guys are sky high. Pisses me off

But there was absolutely no reason to think that the White Sox would be contrarian today. They are playing in the game with highest O/U on the FD main slate and are facing an utterly mediocre lefty.

My very first lineup was a game stack of that game.

• squidkill

@FFguru71 said...

Umm but they were a popular play. Maybe you should play more baseball to know this 👍

• Zieg30

@squidkill said...

Switched flowers for Barnhart Idiot. Flowers is sales daddy. 1% owned 🤦🏽‍♂️

Strasburg has the chance to pull away from the other top tier pitchers today.

Though 42 pitches through two is going to limit his upside.

• FFguru71

@squidkill said...

Umm but they were a popular play. Maybe you should play more baseball to know this 👍

But here’s the thing…I would venture to guess that they were ONLY popular because i saw after LU’s were locked, that they were being touted…That’s why people took them. It’s not like a majority of people that play DFS baseball even follow the sport that closely.

• FFguru71

I mean even Nick freaking Pivetta is over 15% owned…on a slate with Sale, Strasburg and Cole?? The ownership on him makes even less sense then the outrageous ownership on the Sox hitters. Who would think to take Pivetta??

• squidkill

Nah man. They mash lefties usually. I don’t look or listen to “touts”. Baseball is easier to figure out after about 2 months of data. I don’t need some overweight fanook in his mothers basement to tell me that.

• fanturds

Garritt Cole has me looking at the turbo slate.

• hcassidy

@FFguru71 said...

I mean even Nick freaking Pivetta is over 15% owned…on a slate with Sale, Strasburg and Cole?? The ownership on him makes even less sense then the outrageous ownership on the Sox hitters. Who would think to take Pivetta??

I was on Pivetta from the start. Cole hasn’t gone more than 6 innings in 3 straight starts, the Braves for some reason seam to blow up Ace pitchers, and Strasburg was not appealing to me as Marlins foul off a ton of pitches and work a lot of full counts.

• mbunner23

@FFguru71 said...

Anyone who is semi smart knows that he was a good GPP play.

• Zieg30

@FFguru71 said...

But here’s the thing…I would venture to guess that they were ONLY popular because i saw after LU’s were locked, that they were being touted…That’s why people took them. It’s not like a majority of people that play DFS baseball even follow the sport that closely.

The touts don’t have as big an impact on ownership numbers as you apparently think they do. Chicago was in an obviously decent spot today, and, again, in a slate where they were in the game with the highest O/U. That pulls in the crowd whose entries are heavily weighted by Vegas O/Us.

I’d also suggest that the majority of the people that play DFS baseball follow the sport pretty closely.

• FFguru71

@mbunner23 said...

Anyone who is semi smart

This right here is the key part of that sentence…again, a vast majority of DFS baseball players don’t follow the game that closely…I mean would they even know names of players, if they didn’t play DFS and saw those names in Lineups?? VERY doubtful…

What’s next? the ownership %‘s of Brewers is high today to, after they scored 17 runs yesterday??

• Zieg30

@FFguru71 said...

Pivetta is $2,200 less than the cheapest pitcher between Sale, Strasburg, and Cole. No one was there thinking “Pivetta is a better pitcher”, but his price was MUCH CHEAPER. Those who picked him prioritized bats over the very expensive pitchers.

And PIvetta is coming off two monstrously good DFS performances (so you have recency bias pumping up his percentage) and is playing against a Jays’ team with a bunch of weak bats in the lineup.

• Zieg30

@FFguru71 said...

This right here is the key part of that sentence…again, a vast majority of DFS baseball players don’t follow the game that closely…I mean would they even know names of players, if they didn’t play DFS and saw those names in Lineups?? VERY doubtful…

What’s next? the ownership %‘s of Brewers is high today to, after they scored 17 runs yesterday??

You’re just making crap up now. There’s no reason to think that the vast majority of DFS baseball players don’t follow the game that closely. It’s far likelier that most DFS baseball players are baseball fans, and that’s why they (we) enjoy playing DFS baseball.

The Brewers were also in a good spot today against an at-times very hittable pitcher.

• FFguru71

@Zieg30 said...

I’d also suggest that the majority of the people that play DFS baseball follow the sport pretty closely.

100% disagree here…a vast majority of people that play DFS baseball, follow #‘s closely, and are good with them, don’t necessarily know or follow baseball that closely. Heck I remember a few years ago a guy won a huge GPP the first time he ever played any DFS contest(it was baseball), and openly admitted in an interview, that day was the first baseball game he had ever watched in his life, but that he knew #‘s and was good with them, so he thought he’d try DFS that day…next thing you know…that told me all i ever needed to know about DFS after that…you don’t have to no shit about the sport you play(which is sad really), you just have to be good with #‘s.

• squidkill

@Zieg30 said...

You’re just making crap up now. There’s no reason to think that the vast majority of DFS baseball players don’t follow the game that closely. It’s far likelier that most DFS baseball players are baseball fans, and that’s why they (we) enjoy playing DFS baseball.

The Brewers were also in a good spot today against an at-times very hittable pitcher.

Yeah he’s trolling us at this point.

• rog11sm

2 lineup builds today
    pivetta with a nats stack with those white sox in ggod spots as a 1 off

gausman with a whits sox with a cardinal or 2

tried to stay away from the white sox as stacks as they seemed to be all the chalk and avoided paying up for top pitchers

• Zieg30

@FFguru71 said...

100% disagree here…a vast majority of people that play DFS baseball, follow #‘s closely, and are good with them, don’t necessarily know or follow baseball that closely. Heck I remember a few years ago a guy won a huge GPP the first time he ever played any DFS contest(it was baseball), and openly admitted in an interview, that day was the first baseball game he had ever watched in his life, but that he knew #‘s and was good with them, so he thought he’d try DFS that day…next thing you know…that told me all i ever needed to know about DFS after that…you don’t have to no shit about the sport you play(which is sad really), you just have to be good with %‘s.

Just because there a few DFSers out there who are good with #s and successful at DFS despite not being a fan of the underlying sport, doesn’t mean the “vast majority” are that way.

You’re taking one or two outliers and blowing them up to be representative of the player universe, which they’re not.

The vast majority playing are fans of the sport who like to play fantasy to enhance that fandom and enjoyment.

• fanturds

there aren’t even that many mlb DFS players anyway.

how many could there possibly be? 75,000; with a hardcore audience of several thousand?

• csandbizzle

I don’t think it’s true to state that the vast majority of MLB DFS players don’t follow the game that closely. If you think you’re playing against Joe Schmo entering one off lineups stacking his favorite team every day I’ve got bad news for you.

I’d say the majority atleast plays some other semblance of fantasy baseball which would clue them into things like Pivetta or the White Sox vs Lefties. A decent subgroup who wouldn’t pay attention probably purchases lineups or subscribes to a site that would have put them on those plays.

• thetitanlb

Eat shit and die Gausman. You chump

• thetitanlb

Gausman should be ashamed of himself. Got rocked by just a horrible horrible lineup. Damn it man

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.