4:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( 115 ) at Oakland ( -125 ) —- T: 8
    4:10 PM EST : Texas ( 150 ) at Seattle ( -163 ) —- T: 8
    4:10 PM EST : Miami ( -110 ) at San Diego ( 102 ) —- T: 7.5
    4:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 135 ) at Arizona ( -146 ) —- T: 9
    4:10 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 165 ) at Cleveland ( -180 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 111 ) at Colorado ( -120 ) —- T: 11.5
    7:15 PM EST : Minnesota ( -103 ) at Kansas City ( -105 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 114 ) at LA Dodgers ( -123 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• biga0787

So verlander has to be top option right? Even in yankee stadium. He whooped them at home but with cheap homeruns at yankee stadium is he worth the risk?

• noddy

Can we play both pitchers in the Miami San Diego game?

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

For anyone playing the early slate…

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/mlb-data-detective-best-hitter-stack-values-may-28-early-slate-2545432

• feezyg

Verlander is capable of dominating the Yankees, the issue is his price. 11.8 against that lineup in that ballpark is borderline criminal. Historically he pitched best against the top teams in the biggest moments so I’m not against playing him but I doubt I will. Degrom in ATL and Gio in Baltimore are equally scary spots so if you do pay for pitching it should be Verlander…just my thoughts on the early slate

• Njsum1

@feezyg said...

Verlander is capable of dominating the Yankees, the issue is his price. 11.8 against that lineup in that ballpark is borderline criminal. Historically he pitched best against the top teams in the biggest moments so I’m not against playing him but I doubt I will. Degrom in ATL and Gio in Baltimore are equally scary spots so if you do pay for pitching it should be Verlander…just my thoughts on the early slate

I’ll give Verlander a whirl in a lineup or two, yet I’m not feeling good about it for reasons you stated.

I like Degrom here IF he draws a neutral to favorable umpire. He’s quietly been dominant. He’s handled the the braves twice already and 11k imo is a fair price. The braves are a top offense so there’s obvious risk here, yet until Degrom shows some weakness, I’m going to continue to play him in less than ideal matchups, as long as the price is reflective of a tougher matchup. And I believe today that it is.

• biga0787

I’m worried about the Yankees but verlander is a hall of famer who is still dominant. Is it possible he gets shelled? Of course. Is it likely not really. I would take the over on him striking 9 out. He may give up a solo shot or something. I’m actually more worried about degrom in atl. Incoming stanton and judge double dong day

• Njsum1

@biga0787 said...

I’m worried about the Yankees but verlander is a hall of famer who is still dominant. Is it possible he gets shelled? Of course. Is it likely not really. I would take the over on him striking 9 out. He may give up a solo shot or something. I’m actually more worried about degrom in atl. Incoming stanton and judge double dong day

You got to give Verlander a whirl, he fanned 14 yanks last time out. And if the yanks aren’t putting up 10 runs they’re striking out a whole bunch. So I’ll use him, just in case he puts up an epic performance like last time. However, he doesn’t profile all that well in Yankee stadium and his career numbers at the ballpark back that up.

I want to see the umps for both this game and nym/atl before making a decision on how much exposure I want to the top two arms on the slate. Yet for now, all umps equal, I like Degrom slightly better.

• dbullsfan

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

I’m guessing the mini max filled early this morning, I was hoping to wait until I woke up to build lineups on here but I guess it was too late. I love these cheap 150 max tourneys but DK continues to cap them way too small. They could easily fill a ton more entries, especially on days like today in which a lot of people are probably off work, but than watch them have a huge one on a random Thursday afternoon 5 game slate.

• feezyg

Maybe the play is Gio, he facing the worst offense of the top 3, the ballpark is not as hitter friendly as ppl think, hes only given up 3 hrs all year and none on the road. And yes, I’m fully aware hes not as good as his 2018 numbers would suggest and regression is coming, the question is is it coming today?

• biga0787

I’m thinking Plutko or maybe even Marco gonzales as my sp2 the rangers are pretty bad against lefties. And Gonzales has k stuff

• dlogreen

Anyone rolling the dice with Max Fried? Mets lineup looks buns

• aus1032

@dlogreen said...

• 7klub06

Astros bats against German today or will he surprise us?

Pay down at pitchers today? Liking Archer, Plutko, and Gonzales for starters

• walkoff9

@7klub06 said...

German has shown he can dominate a good offense, or get blown up. I could make a case for using him or stacking against him.

And i’d go those routes, meaning i wouldnt target 1 off’s against him.

• Jeddy3

Weaver/Cahill for me. Hope the diamondback stack is low owned, but it’s the most appropriately named pitcher in the league: homer bailey.

• monarch

@7klub06 said...

I’m gonna stack one against archer. Walks and hard contact are what the As need. Like Pinder and Olson.

• biga0787

When is plutko regression coming? He had a 5.90 era in aaa. He doesn’t have crazy stuff. Did he all of a sudden find it?

• TheGZA3445

Weather is clearing up here in Atlanta but I’m still hesitant about considering deGrom a good play

• tmac178

Anyone have quick analytics on the Padres vs lefties, or how LHP translates to that park?

• infantryboys

As a Mets fan, I’m not touching deGrom. Atlanta has a very good offense and the Mets bullpen is a dumpster fire right now.

• walkoff9

David Peralta not in the lineup

Hey d-backs

• biga0787

Villanueva crushes lefties. The padres suck though and k a lot! I’d use him but I’m taking Gonzales instead hoping he can wreck texas

• tippycat

@dlogreen said...

I am, just to pay up for some bats

• dolphinkick182

@dlogreen said...

I have a feeling Bautista is going to grudge fuck ATL today. Batting clean-up, against a lefty, against the team that just cut him, and dirt cheap. I’ll take 3 please.

• biga0787

Side note I entered in $10 showdown in cabs game last night tied with like 120 other people for first. So instead of 100k I got 800 bucks. But it’s my first gpp win and it’s technically a large field one right lol!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.