7:20 PM EST : Washington ( 101 ) at Atlanta ( -110 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 138 ) at Chi Sox ( -149 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 121 ) at Houston ( -132 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 137 ) at Minnesota ( -149 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:40 PM EST : Arizona ( 123 ) at Colorado ( -134 ) —- T: 12
    10:07 PM EST : LA Angels ( 0 ) at Oakland ( 0 ) —- T: —-
    10:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( 184 ) at LA Dodgers ( -201 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Texas ( 138 ) at Seattle ( -150 ) —- T: 9.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Jeff Szheredermer and Rockies bats

• superjon

I also like Rich Hill

• RatedDAL

Gotta do multiple lineups because I’m using Bundy and I don’t need my only team destroyed in the first inning.

• feekdogg

Brewers run total about to shoot way up.

• Efhatch1990

• maibockaddict

Perez scratched?

• maibockaddict

Found it:

Perez had been in line to start Tuesday’s home game against the Brewers, but manager Rocco Baldelli instead elected to push all four healthy members of the rotation back in the schedule. With the Twins calling up Devin Smeltzer from Triple-A Rochester to take the hill Tuesday, Perez will return to the hill on six days’ rest, as he’ll benefit from an open date in the schedule Wednesday.

• Efhatch1990

Oh boy my brewers shud have s goodnight. Is he a lefty or righty

• dbullsfan

is it just me or does it seem like DK has really priced up the crappy low end and mid tier pitchers this year. It seems like in years past there were always a couple risky but at least considerable options below 6K. This year it seems anything with a pulse is over 8K

• dbullsfan

@Efhatch1990 said...

Oh boy my brewers shud have s goodnight. Is he a lefty or righty

lefty, and pretty good one at that. Making his ML debut they acquired him from LA in the Dozier deal last year.

Not in the DK player pool, not sure about FD

• Danielv22

@feekdogg said...

Brewers run total about to shoot way up.

may want to hold your horses on that. This Smeltzer dude seems legit (averaging

• Danielv22

meant to say he’s averaging a low ERA, a decent SO/inning ratio, and seems fairly stretched out.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

I wonder which game will be the weather debacle of the night. Because another one is coming.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

I didn’t have much interest in the Brewers bats with Perez pitching and still don’t considering all the other options. With that said, I don’t see anything about this Smeltzer kid to be impressed about. His AA numbers the past year plus are nice, but that’s AA. His AAA numbers leave a lot to be desired. His advanced numbers don’t support that 1.82 ERA. Since the promotion to AAA his K’s disappeared, he’s been running with a 40% or less GB rate his entire minor league career. Low K’s and lots of fly balls and line drives against all that power in the Brewers line up could get ugly. Throw in potential big league debut nerves, I’m not expecting great results.

• frugal

@Pandamonious said...

I didn’t have much interest in the Brewers bats with Perez pitching and still don’t considering all the other options. With that said, I don’t see anything about this Smeltzer kid to be impressed about. His AA numbers the past year plus are nice, but that’s AA. His AAA numbers leave a lot to be desired. His advanced numbers don’t support that 1.82 ERA. Since the promotion to AAA his K’s disappeared, he’s been running with a 40% or less GB rate his entire minor league career. Low K’s and lots of fly balls and line drives against all that power in the Brewers line up could get ugly. Throw in potential big league debut nerves, I’m not expecting great results.

Do you have any info on Zach Plesac? He’s another guy who’s minor numbers look interesting but I’m not sure of the full context here.

• milizt

Strasburg has a history of pitching terribly in hot conditions. Supposed to be a hot one in Atlanta today.

• Pandamonious

@frugal said...

Do you have any info on Zach Plesac? He’s another guy who’s minor numbers look interesting but I’m not sure of the full context here.

Haven’t really dug into much wit him, since that game has legit PPD risk. His numbers appear better than Smeltzer’s all around. I would say he appears more legit numbers wise, but his issue as far as starting in the big leagues is he has a fastball and a change up and that’s it.

• Pandamonious

@milizt said...

Strasburg has a history of pitching terribly in hot conditions. Supposed to be a hot one in Atlanta today.

Not humid enough in my opinion to be a factor. I think it’s the humidity that really gets to him. Doesn’t seem like the type of slate where paying up for Stras makes sense anyway. So, any extra reason to fade him is fine by me.

• monarch

Odubel Herrera will not be playing tonight or anytime soon. Arrested for Domestic violence.

• mbunner23

@Pandamonious said...

Not humid enough in my opinion to be a factor. I think it’s the humidity that really gets to him. Doesn’t seem like the type of slate where paying up for Stras makes sense anyway. So, any extra reason to fade him is fine by me.

Agree, I don’t see a reason to pay up for Stras.

• NYGfan1983

@milizt said...

where is our ATL guy

50 LUs all ATL baby!

• Tcbaseballfan

Hide the women and children in the bleachers at Target Field tonight!

• frugal

@Pandamonious said...

Doesn’t seem like paying up for pitching is really ever the way to go.

• frugal

@Pandamonious said...

Haven’t really dug into much wit him, since that game has legit PPD risk. His numbers appear better than Smeltzer’s all around. I would say he appears more legit numbers wise, but his issue as far as starting in the big leagues is he has a fastball and a change up and that’s it.

Ah, just checked the weather.

• monarch

With Giolito and Keller not available this slate is begging us to play Dylan Bundy. Which means I have to play Tigers bats. Ugh

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).