7:05 PM EST : St. Louis ( 149 ) at Philadelphia ( -162 ) —- T: 10
    7:10 PM EST : Toronto ( 200 ) at Tampa Bay ( -219 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( -116 ) at Miami ( 107 ) —- T: 7
    7:20 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at Atlanta ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -106 ) at Houston ( -102 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( 0 ) at Chi White Sox ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:40 PM EST : Arizona ( -123 ) at Colorado ( 114 ) —- T: 11
    10:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( 177 ) at LA Dodgers ( -193 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

How ugly is the pitching on the 2 game early on FD?

Paddock with a stiff neck facing a Yankees team with a decent implied run total. Next, you have Paxton who they already said would be on a pitch count of 60 to 75.

Finally you have the two cheap options in Desclafani and some guy for Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh has been hitting the ball well, but I like having some exposure to Desclafani. Only 6400 and he’s shown he can have some great games.

If I’m paying up, I’ll probably just roll the dice on Paxton. He did strike out 9 in his first 63 pitches against KC, and the Padres do K a lot.

• biga0787

9900 on fd for 60-75 is a no go for me. They are basically making you play desclifani or brault. What if happ gets in 2 10pitch at bats or throws 3 20 pitch innings and gives up a run and only has one so. You have 9 points for 9900. Brault has a path to 9 points for 5500. Hope he doesn’t get blown up gives you 4-5 innings and take the savings

• RatedDAL

Yeah no way you can use Paxton at that price tag.

Paddack is the only way to differentiate in the slightest but I’m stacking Yankees.

• got9forya

Stack Cin and Pit Game with Paddock as your pitcher is what I am doing and hopefully it works out. We shall See but yea FD really screwed these prices up for the Early 2 game slate.

• fightingjohn

I think FD has hired WWE managment with how they are handling slates. What garbage they are becoming

• RatedDAL

@got9forya said...

Stack Cin and Pit Game with Paddock as your pitcher is what I am doing and hopefully it works out. We shall See but yea FD really screwed these prices up for the Early 2 game slate.

Yeah that’s probably the approach most people take I’d imagine.

The main slate tonight is really hard. I’m probably only doing one lineup and if I go Snell its really difficult making a lineup I like. He is in a great spot though.

• superjon

@biga0787 said...

9900 on fd for 60-75 is a no go for me. They are basically making you play desclifani or brault. What if happ gets in 2 10pitch at bats or throws 3 20 pitch innings and gives up a run and only has one so. You have 9 points for 9900. Brault has a path to 9 points for 5500. Hope he doesn’t get blown up gives you 4-5 innings and take the savings

Paxton

4/16 vs BOS – 6 K’s in 67 pitches
    4/21 vs KC – 9 K’s in 63 pitches
    4/26 vs SF – 4 K’s in 67 pitches

• biga0787

No offense but you conveniently left off the Minnesota start where he went 3 innings with 1k and 3 walks. He hasn’t pitched in a month, and is 9900 knowing you only get 60-75. Could he pay his price off. Maybe. At 9900 he’s too much on fd.

• rgreuli

@got9forya said...

Yep, what sucks is that Pitt is starting a lefty, which means that Dietrich probably won’t start.

• RatedDAL

Happy 6 IP 6 ER 3 K day. Also known as Thor Day.

• mr_papageorgio

Last night was weird. I had no HRs, “only” scored 117 points and ended up cashing over 3x entry fees. Most days 117 doesn’t even get you a cash line sweat.

• me_mike84

not sure how i want to approach the early slate on DK today. nothing is really popping out at me. early read is that a lot of people will be all over cin/pit

• RatedDAL

Dietrich’s in today. Last night’s ownership % would be acceptable for a slate like today’s.

• biga0787

How do you not stack pit vs cin?

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@mr_papageorgio said...

Last night was weird. I had no HRs, “only” scored 117 points and ended up cashing over 3x entry fees. Most days 117 doesn’t even get you a cash line sweat.

Yeah, for the most part the chalk offenses failed. The big spots (mostly MIA, HOU, TEX) came from low owned places. Marco finished in the negative I believe and was pretty chalky.

On a side note, incredibly joyous to see DK running flatter payouts, last night and again tonight, in their big lower mid-tier contests. It makes a huge difference. Finishing 43rd in a $10 26K entry contest and getting $400 instead of $100 makes a huge difference at the end of the night.

As for today’s DK afternoon slate, no idea what to do. Might just sit that one out. Angels, Reds, and Rangers bats looking good. Pitching is just awful. Probably have to play Paddack. Can’t play Paxton on a pitch count. Don’t understand what’s going on with DeSclafani.

• biga0787

Could we determine who we think will be the middle innings guy for the Yankees?

• andrew34232

Looking like bad weather for the Cin game yeah?

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@biga0787 said...

Could we determine who we think will be the middle innings guy for the Yankees?

I peeked around and can’t find anything. Their long relievers all pitched heavily in the last couple days, which I would think takes them out of the equation. Hale threw 4 innings and 61 pitches 2 days ago. Cortes might be OK. 3 days ago pitched 4 innings and threw 72 pitches. That seems like pushing it. I would imagine they’ll just run a few guys 1 inning. I guess Cessa, Green, or Holder could go a couple innings, but which one, no idea.

• biga0787

That was my problem. Problem is I think both pitchers in pit/cin end up negative or close to it. Can’t pay for Paxton. Paddack is best option on the slate. But he is expensive.

• cullyp81

RG Overall Ranking

I’m wanting to know the same thing. I’m guessing Holder may handle 2 innings or so depending on how far Pax makes it. Cortes has 3 days rest from a 4-inning outing, so I’m worried he could eat up a couple innings if Paxton doesn’t get very far.

• athairuammit11

Is Wade Leblanc too risky to afford Paxton? Or should I go with the mid tiers?

• superjon

1 desclafani
    1 paddock
    2 paxton

• got9forya

On FD would it be wrong to do 4 Cin players and 3 Pit players and 1 SDP player then use Paddack as my Pitcher? Guess we shall try. Talk about stacking 1 game lmao

• mr_papageorgio

I’m passing on the early slate. Haven’t looked at tonight yet but I’ll share some thoughts this afternoon.

• biga0787

@got9forya said...

On FD would it be wrong to do 4 Cin players and 3 Pit players and 1 SDP player then use Paddack as my Pitcher? Guess we shall try. Talk about stacking 1 game lmao

I probably had the same stack earlier. I got there too easy. That tells me it’s probably chalk. Fd will either be a chop or you are going to have to think out of the box.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).