8:10pm Arizona at Milwaukee(-128) —- T:8.5
    8:10pm Toronto at Minnesota(-112) —- T:9.0
    8:15pm LA Dodgers at St. Louis(-119) —- T:8.0
    10:05pm Detroit at LA Angels(-104) —- T:8.0
    10:05pm NY Yankees at Oakland(-148) —- T:7.0
    10:10pm Pittsburgh at San Diego(-112) —- T:6.0
    10:10pm Cleveland(-102) at Seattle —- T:7.5
    10:15pm Atlanta at San Francisco(-150) —- T:7.0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• JEFFRAMBO

@Buffalo66 said...

This is what I don’t get, especially in a GPP. On 99% of his rosters he paid up for hitting (Tulo) against his own SP (Hamels). While the results were great (props to Max), can anyone explain to me how this is a +EV play in the long run?

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/short-slate-pitcher-strategy-691093

I posted that WRT short slates and no one chimed in, but apparently someone felt it was a worthwhile strategy; even in a large slate. Hindsight being what it is… I think it’s a logical method to ensure you have a contrarian lineup if you are high in probability of three things: 1) high ownership on the pitcher, 2) low ownership on the batter, and 3) a solid showing by the pitcher other than against the rostered batter.

• cwatson51

@cwatson51 said...

Freeman Dong would make my night a wholeeeeeee lot better.

wow sweet in the 9th….

if only hughes wouldnt of blown liriano’s W. BUT I WILL TAKE IT.

• flyersfootball

I cant believe Im going to score 100 PTS in a double up and not take home anything…What do you guys think is the magic number you need every night in a double up to place?

• Syko

@flyersfootball said...

I cant believe Im going to score 100 PTS in a double up and not take home anything…What do you guys think is the magic number you need every night in a double up to place?

Usually more than 100 for sure.

• flyersfootball

@Syko said...

Usually more than 100 for sure.

Whats a number you have in mind that you need to score in order to win?

• smutpeddlers

@MikeSos760 said...

Check out Harabalos Voulgaris. He has made millions from NBA betting based on an algorithm he developed with some mathematics whiz kid. He has only talked a little bit about the algorithm, but it literally takes in information that people wouldn’t think about, such as player’s age and how the player may decline in an upcoming season based on the history of hundreds of decline in production as they age, how long

Monte Carlo Analysis can predict some pretty amazing things and you would not believe it. If you could come up with an algorithm to run the amount of scenarios it could spit out some pretty amazing information. If you don’t know who Nate Silver is- he is a very interesting and amazing human. Id look him up if you want to read some interesting things.

• Syko

@flyersfootball said...

Whats a number you have in mind that you need to score in order to win?

It varies a lot based on the slate. 105-115 range is probably a decent range to expect. If popular picks go off/flop it can really be high or low.

• flyersfootball

@Syko said...

It varies a lot based on the slate. 105-115 range is probably a decent range to expect. If popular picks go off/flop it can really be high or low.

Thank you for the response.

• lilprog

• Blogger of the Month

Nothing sweeter the. Having Derek Norris in a bunch of your lineups and going from four strike outs to a walk off grand slam. Boooomstick

• tonytone1908

@lilprog said...

Nothing sweeter the. Having Derek Norris in a bunch of your lineups and going from four strike outs to a walk off grand slam. Boooomstick

hell yeah. though all 4 of my LU’s were done. helped 2 of them to cash. i’ll take it.

• theoddsmaker

@rsquier said...

And there goes the liriano win and 4 pts that I could use. Why the eff was he pulled? Pitch count or something? Didn’t seem like he was struggling but I’m only keeping track on ESPN not watching.

Just bad management decision. This whole fear of 100 pitches needs to stop. He was dealing tonight and only at 96. Least you could do is send him out there until he gave up a runner. I called it in the chat as soon as he got pulled that the BP was going to give up his Win. I have had insane bad luck getting Wins this year despite solid starts so I was able to take this fairly well

• deebarizo

@theoddsmaker said...

Just bad management decision. This whole fear of 100 pitches needs to stop. He was dealing tonight and only at 96. Least you could do is send him out there until he gave up a runner. I called it in the chat as soon as he got pulled that the BP was going to give up his Win. I have had insane bad luck getting Wins this year despite solid starts so I was able to take this fairly well

This is why I play on DK not on FD. Wins are very random and they count for more on FD.

• jnoboa

• 2015 FanDuel CFB Playboy Mansion Finalist

@theoddsmaker said...

Same issue the other night when Kevin Cash pulled Chris Archer who was dominating the Mariners (95 pitches through 8 I believe). Archer’s velocity and movement was still sharp. In comes Boxberger and Cruz takes him deep. Marines 3 Rays 0. While the fans here in Tampa are pretty excited that the Rays have managed to play at such a high level despite the absurd amount of injuries, there have been plenty of rumblings over the rookie manager’s decisions to give starters the quick hook. There is a good chance that these decisions are being made at the front office level considering the type of analytics the Rays like to incorporate. I believe the Pirates also rely quite heavily on the same data analysis.

• cAUmberlandtiger8

@deebarizo said...

This is why I play on DK not on FD. Wins are very random and they count for more on FD.

I’m with Ya. I started off on fanduel and recently made the switch to DK. Haven’t looked back since. Much happier at DK. I’ve also had more success and find their scoring suits my game much better

• Cconn026

@theoddsmaker said...

Hey Oddsmaker…which one tilts you more…college basketball coaches immediately benching a player with 2 fouls in the first half, or baseball managers pulling their pitchers after 100 pitches?

• MikeSos760

@lilprog said...

Went to bed last night with Derek Norris with three SOs. Most of my lineups not cashing, or about to be knocked out of the 50/50 qualifier. Woke up with over a 80% win rate. Thank you Derek Norris.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).