8:05 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 176 ) at Chi Cubs ( -192 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Texas ( 159 ) at Houston ( -173 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Oakland ( -102 ) at Minnesota ( -106 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 136 ) at Kansas City ( -147 ) —- T: 8
    8:15 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 139 ) at St. Louis ( -151 ) —- T: 7.5
    10:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 115 ) at Seattle ( -124 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 145 ) at LA Dodgers ( -157 ) —- T: 7
    10:10 PM EST : Colorado ( -119 ) at San Diego ( 110 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• foxymongrel

Like senzatela as a cheap pitcher. Road favorite in a nice ballpark

• djoseph1989

The Pittsburgh stack is looking really good today

• BigPod

Looking like Mil/Stl game will be a no go

• kdub

@BigPod said...

Looking like Mil/Stl game will be a no go

Yeah that ones definitely getting PPD

• bigsmoot2

Pitching tonight will be interesting, I wonder if the homers will ever slow down this season, I have actually been doing decent on my 4-4 stacks low level GPP, but have been min cashing or a little above because 10 people go double dong every single night (had Bruce is the main slate, and Dozier in the express slate). This homer pace is absolutely crazy this season.

• Jnvrmind

@djoseph1989 said...

The Pittsburgh stack is looking really good today

I think you mean Rookie Davis looks really bad today.

• nickpierce723826

Matt Boyd might be a decent play. Has pretty solid numbers against Indians past two years.

• Jwhosky

Loving that PIT/NYY stack again… even though stroman has been strong vs Yanks, i think they roll

• Jwhosky

Yo… these guy have free MLB sheets today if anyone is interested. https://twitter.com/RotoDojoDfs/status/859766211827179521

• bigsmoot2

@nickpierce723826 said...

Matt Boyd might be a decent play. Has pretty solid numbers against Indians past two years.

That and the Indians aren’t so hot against LHP so far this year (wRC+ of 84), Boyd just has a 19% K rate though, limits his upside IMO.

• tonedefrob

The Oakland power guys are in a great spot against Santiago. He’s due for some regression and they can hit lefties well. Bit of wind out to left too.

• Njsum1

@foxymongrel said...

Like senzatela as a cheap pitcher. Road favorite in a nice ballpark

me too…unfortunately I was having trouble spending on bats I like. Plenty of cheap pitching, with upside. Although I prefer non Coors slates, today’s a day I wouldn’t mind one.

• Conbon32

Really like Khris Davis tn. Stanton vs a lefty = $$$

• Cpjttogether

blue jays suck so bad so far. I don’t see too many people talking about the Yankees yet today. guess cuz of stroman.

• yanksfan1

Khris Davis chalk night. Thoughts on Karns on FD?

• Rothcloth

I’m goin with Karns on FD. Went 6 IP, 5 SO,4 ER last time. Wind is blowing 10 MPH inward. Think that’s enough to keep the ER’s down?

• yanksfan1

@Rothcloth said...

I’m goin with Karns on FD. Went 6 IP, 5 SO,4 ER last time. Wind is blowing 10 MPH inward. Think that’s enough to keep the ER’s down?

positive ballpark shift too

• NarrowJ

Why do you guys like Khris Davis so much tonight? He seems to fair about equally vs L or R, is 0 for 6 with 2 Ks vs Santiago, MIN bullpen is pretty serviceable, and not to mention that game could be a little wet. I’ve got to be missing something?

• bigsmoot2

@NarrowJ said...

Why do you guys like Khris Davis so much tonight? He seems to fair about equally vs L or R, is 0 for 6 with 2 Ks vs Santiago, MIN bullpen is pretty serviceable, and not to mention that game could be a little wet. I’ve got to be missing something?

Santiago is an extreme fly ball pitcher, who gives up hard contact, that’s why folks are on him IMO.

• fenway2015

like kc batters against pelfrey today

• California_Cool

• Ranked #69

RG Tiered Ranking

@NarrowJ said...

K Davis is much more of a reverse splits guy,as far as hitting for power. I do like that whole A’s stacks there. Healy, Plouffe all project well vs Santiago.

• jtkucheck

@California_Cool said...

K Davis is much more of a reverse splits guy,as far as hitting for power. I do like that whole A’s stacks there. Healy, Plouffe all project well vs Santiago.

A lot of love for A’s stacks today… I’m not seeing it. Santiago has accrued a better sample than most non-divisional pitchers against these A’s hitters due to his long tenure with the Angels… and he’s actually been… not terrible.

Some notables with 15 or more somewhat recent ABs:

Jed Lowrie: 0-20
    Rajai Davis: 3-23
    Adam Rosales: 3-15

Phegley has hit him decently well but I can’t envision myself taking a Phegley one-off.

• achubs

Looking for a cash game pitcher on FD. Initially liking deGrom as the safest but I don’t think ATL will let him capitalize on his K potential. Liking Pomeranz at 3000 less (Lefties vs BAL continue to thrive) Sentazela is tempting but I think he’s a safer bet for GPPs as SD offense is known for sneak attacks. Thoughts?

• tonedefrob

@California_Cool said...

Khris Davis career ISO/wOBA/SLG/Hard Hit/HRFB% splits are pretty much equal. Only thing that dips is his FB% against lefties, but it’s only 5%.

If you look at just 2016-2017 data it does favor him against righties by a bit in most of the above categories. However, that can be attributed to sample size (172 ABs vs. L, 541 vs. R).

• draped

@jtkucheck said...

A lot of love for A’s stacks today… I’m not seeing it. Santiago has accrued a better sample than most non-divisional pitchers against these A’s hitters due to his long tenure with the Angels… and he’s actually been… not terrible.

Some notables with 15 or more somewhat recent ABs:

Jed Lowrie: 0-20
    Rajai Davis: 3-23
    Adam Rosales: 3-15

Phegley has hit him decently well but I can’t envision myself taking a Phegley one-off.

i dont really like bvp, especially in 20 ABs. but either way i don’t think too many people want lowrie or rajai in their A’s stacks. possibly rajai but definitely not a top option from the a’s. I think most of the interest is in Davis, Rosales, Plouffe and Healy who hit for power and are flyball hitters vs a flyball pitcher and they all have the platoon advantage R vs L and Santiago is much worse vs righties. and oak is much better for righties for power and the wind is blowing out to left.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).