2:10 PM EST : NY Yankees ( 116 ) at Houston ( -126 ) —- T: 8
    2:15 PM EST : Detroit ( 103 ) at Kansas City ( -111 ) —- T: 9
    3:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( 113 ) at Arizona ( -122 ) —- T: 7
    4:40 PM EST : Toronto ( 0 ) at Cleveland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:05 PM EST : Boston ( -143 ) at Texas ( 132 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( -108 ) at Chi Sox ( -100 ) —- T: 9
    10:05 PM EST : Baltimore ( 0 ) at LA Angels ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:10 PM EST : Oakland ( -119 ) at Seattle ( 110 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

@cjs5555 said...

might be something that would work better on DK short slates when people go out of their way to pick a 2nd pitcher out of a limited pool

Out of curiosity I did the same analysis but this time looked at the average total FPTS (using DK scoring system) for each pair of pitchers. Again, essentially the same:

Pair of opposing pitchers from same game: 25.52 FPTS per pair of pitchers
    Pair of pitchers from different games: 25.54 FPTS per pair of pitchers

• walkoff9

A Simmons granny would be cool..

• KindGuy

I can’t wait for the Orioles to play the Twins. Gonna be so much bad pitching.

• murphstahoe

Simmons grand slam would be $$$

• murphstahoe

@walkoff9 said...

Great minds

• murphstahoe

@walkoff9 said...

I’ll take it

• walkoff9

Wish I could have played 7 angels.

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

Hmm, are we gonna get a 20-run game from the Angels? I knew it might be a special night when my app fell head over heels for such an expensive offense ;-)

• yisman

I’m like 8 hours late with this, but Miggy is the Anthony Davis of MLB. Every time I use him, he fakes an injury and leaves the game.

• murphstahoe

Have 4 angels but will they go to sleep or go for 20. I’m well in the $$$ but I could see getting zeroed out from here

• murphstahoe

@walkoff9 said...

Wish I could have played 7 angels.

You have their pitcher? Nice move

• tump03

Anyone know why Awesemo was allowed to play 5 Angels in a FD lineup? I also would’ve loved a bunch of Angels but isn’t the cap on FD 4 per team??

• shawnzhan

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

• x3

2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

@TheDataDetective said...

It turns out that regardless of whether you pick pitchers from the same game or from different games, the average # of combined wins is 0.67. I didn’t believe it at first so I went back and checked my work and it was accurate. I’m sure there’s some obvious mathematical reason for this but my brain is fried and it’s not jumping out at me.

Every pitcher has an inherent average win % for a given night. Whether or not you select any combination of them does not change this %.

• KindGuy

15 games tomorrow. Oh man.

• eatmyturf23

Out of curiosity I did the same analysis but this time looked at the average total FPTS (using DK scoring system) for each pair of pitchers. Again, essentially the same:

Look instead at the average of the top 10% in each grouping. The forced inability to get 2 wins should surface there among the top.

On average it may be inconsequential. The potential max should be demonstrably impacted by a small average margin.

• thetitanlb

As someone that has lived in Portland OR his whole life I wanted to give a shout out to my 2nd player favorite player ichiro. Dude is all time legend. If he played in the US his whole career he woulda have had over 4000 hits with ease

• thetitanlb

Ichiro is a top 5 overall baseball hitter ever and it’s not even a debate. Peace out to a all time legend

• Semaj89

The most I gather from this is something we all should already know.

Dont chase wins. Just go with the best plays

Thank you for doing that research. Its something I’ve always wondered but never had the time to look into myself

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler