7:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 140 ) at Cincinnati ( -152 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Atlanta ( -149 ) at Miami ( 138 ) —- T: 8
    7:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 137 ) at Cleveland ( -148 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : Toronto ( 128 ) at Texas ( -139 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:10 PM EST : Boston ( -188 ) at Chi Sox ( 173 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( 107 ) at Milwaukee ( -115 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:40 PM EST : Arizona ( -110 ) at Colorado ( 102 ) —- T: 11
    10:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -152 ) at San Diego ( 140 ) —- T: 7

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Jeddy3

Kershaw/Sale/Braun & a bunch of punts.

• bucherpsu08

Beede’s K/9 at AAA this season is 13.5.

• feekdogg

@Jeddy3 said...

What puts you on Braun?

• PhoFever

@Jeddy3 said...

God I love slates where the pitching options are clear-cut. So frickin’ sick of having to roll the dice with the likes of Tanaka/Wheeler/ Maeda/Archer/Folty etc. (and worse) night after night. I also love nights when you can get cheap Coors exposure.

And finally, it looks like tonight we will have to once again consider the Jesús Aguilar quandary.

• sjmay111

@PhoFever said...

God I love slates where the pitching options are clear-cut. So frickin’ sick of having to roll the dice with the likes of Tanaka/Wheeler/ Maeda/Archer/Folty etc. (and worse) night after night. I also love nights when you can get cheap Coors exposure.

And finally, it looks like tonight we will have to once again consider the Jesús Aguilar quandary.

Who are your top P’s? I have 5, want to see if I am on the right track, still learning to research seeing what works etc, last night I was right with Syndergaard etc, today I have Paxton, Glasnow, Gray, Eichoff and Kershaw, with Paxton and Gray being my top 2, that’s based on Vegas Implied O/U, K/9, SIERA, then I factored in how the offenses they are facing perform in the splits there etc….came out with Paxton and Gray…..with Paxton being more consistent and Gray being more value based.

• Jeddy3

@feekdogg said...

What puts you on Braun?

Braun vs a Lefty that gives up some power to righties at 4100. Seems like a good spot for cheap to me. You can also throw in Jesus and Cain and not break the bank.

Matz has some blowups in his gamelog.

• feekdogg

@Jeddy3 said...

Braun vs a Lefty that gives up some power to righties at 4100. Seems like a good spot for cheap to me. You can also throw in Jesus and Cain and not break the bank.

Matz has some blowups in his gamelog.

Makes sense. It may also interest you to know that 42% of his homeruns over the past two years have come on Friday nights.

• Jeddy3

@feekdogg said...

Makes sense. It may also interest you to know that 42% of his homeruns over the past two years have come on Friday nights.

yessss

• PhoFever

@feekdogg said...

Another 15% of his homers come on the birthdays of Renaissance political theorists. Shout out to my man Machiavelli !

• Njsum1

@PhoFever said...

God I love slates where the pitching options are clear-cut. So frickin’ sick of having to roll the dice with the likes of Tanaka/Wheeler/ Maeda/Archer/Folty etc. (and worse) night after night

It’s never that clear cut. Aces get rocked constantly. Big bats in prime spots cost money.

Pain heals…Chicks dig scars…Glory lasts forever
    -Shane Falco

• PhoFever

Oh I’m very aware that aces get rocked. My bankroll is a testament to this. What I’m referring to is the decision process, not the results. I’m not thinking twice about Kersh and Sale tonight. Lock and load. If it were Archer and Jon Gray, on the other hand, I’d be fidgeting and doubting over my lineups until the final
    Minutes.

• Njsum1

@PhoFever said...

Oh I’m very aware that aces get rocked. My bankroll is a testament to this. What I’m referring to is the decision process, not the results. I’m not thinking twice about Kersh and Sale tonight. Lock and load. If it were Archer and Jon Gray, on the other hand, I’d be fidgeting and doubting over my lineups until the final
    Minutes.

I hear you, they feel safer and probably are..I make lineups with aces and cheapies, big bats and discount bats. No one way to do it, cash or gpp.

• TBforPrez

Ugh, so many expensive bats in great spots tonight. Am I really thinking Sonny Gray as my FD Cash pitcher? The Giants are pretty awful.

• Tcbaseballfan

Sale under $10k on FD with a Tex/Tor game stack

• feekdogg

@PhoFever said...

Another 15% of his homers come on the birthdays of Renaissance political theorists. Shout out to my man Machiavelli !

You’re no fun.

• frugal

@Tcbaseballfan said...

Sale under $10k on FD with a Tex/Tor game stack

I typically load up on both sides of TEX home games, but Minor has looked really good this year.

• stellagirl

Am I crazy for taking a 2-4 pass mini stack against Kershaw? Myers, Reyes, Machado, and Renfroe all have an ISO above .200 against at lefties since the start of 2018 and Kershaw isnt exactly his old self….

• RatedDAL

The 2 game late slate on FD is particularly difficult to build a lineup. If you use Kershaw you basically have to stack against him a little bit as you will be able to get bare minimum Coors Exposure. If you roster either starter at Coors, you limit your Coors Exposure because you have a starter in that game and I just can’t stack against my own pitcher.

• sjmay111

@stellagirl said...

Am I crazy for taking a 2-4 pass mini stack against Kershaw? Myers, Reyes, Machado, and Renfroe all have an ISO above .200 against at lefties since the start of 2018 and Kershaw isnt exactly his old self….

My research says he is close to it, Vegas has SD over 2.5 at 1.71 odds, Kershaws K/9 on the road is 10.5 and his XFIP is 4.33, I just think there are better stacks out there for the price….plus, playing in a great pitchers park, and he doesn’t give up a lot of flyballs.

• Sleazygreazy

RG Overall Ranking

Really wanna play Beede, pitch count in minors has been capped around 75. Any insight on potential pitch count for him tonight?

• frugal

Man…keep getting drawn to Minor despite knowing what the park can do to pitchers. Looking at his 3 home games, he got blown up vs CWS but destroyed HOU and LAA. Gausman’s right there at the same price on Yahoo and probably much safer. Decisions…

• Lathum

@frugal said...

Man…keep getting drawn to Minor despite knowing what the park can do to pitchers. Looking at his 3 home games, he got blown up vs CWS but destroyed HOU and LAA. Gausman’s right there at the same price on Yahoo and probably much safer. Decisions…

Blue Jays plane got in at 5:00 AM. Makes me like Minor more.

• Lathum

@stellagirl said...

Yes.

IMO you don’t stack against guys like Kershaw. You aren’t going to string enough hits against him to make it worth it, and he isn’t going to beat himself.

Again, my opinion, you stack against a guy who can give up 8-9 runs, so you get pieces of all those.

When you stack you aren’t stacking because of the offensive guys numbers, you are stacking because of the pitchers suspected ineffectiveness, or because of a park upgrade. I’ll be all over teams like the Giants and Tampa tonight..

• frugal

@Lathum said...

Blue Jays plane got in at 5:00 AM. Makes me like Minor more.

Wow, very interesting…

• sjmay111

@Lathum said...

Yes.

IMO you don’t stack against guys like Kershaw. You aren’t going to string enough hits against him to make it worth it, and he isn’t going to beat himself.

Again, my opinion, you stack against a guy who can give up 8-9 runs, so you get pieces of all those.

When you stack you aren’t stacking because of the offensive guys numbers, you are stacking because of the pitchers suspected ineffectiveness, or because of a park upgrade. I’ll be all over teams like the Giants and Tampa tonight..

With you on Tampa, not on SFG, why there? I’m looking at pieces of Tampa, Boston, Texas, Philly, ARZ, and COL though those last two gonna be hard to get value

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).