7:40 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -165 ) at Chi Cubs ( 152 ) — T:
    7:45 PM EST : NY Mets ( ) at St Louis ( ) — T:
    8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -110 ) at Kansas City ( 102 ) — T: 8.5
    8:40 PM EST : SF Giants ( 101 ) at Colorado ( -109 ) — T: 10
    9:38 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -109 ) at LA Angels ( 101 ) — T: 7.5
    9:40 PM EST : Toronto ( 112 ) at Oakland ( -121 ) — T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( ) at San Diego ( ) — T:
    10:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( ) at Seattle ( ) — T:

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s MLB thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

Oh boy. Lots of weather to worry about today.
    ~

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Lamet pitching…… impossible to trust that he will go 80 pitches? But GPP win upside if he does

• axman15

Pretty rough night for pitching in general after Glasnow

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Giants prices are too low guys…. it’s a trap πŸ€ͺπŸ˜‚

WTH DK?

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@axman15 said...

Pretty rough night for pitching in general after Glasnow

Yeah… Bueheler has the weather, Lamet (if he starts) probably pitch count or in general they will be xtra careful…

Maeda is playable and TOR offense away from that little park in Florida may be not too scary for Montas, but definitely not options I fell 100 comfortable with

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Unico10 said...

Giants prices are too low guys…. it’s a trap πŸ€ͺπŸ˜‚

WTH DK?

And they’ve already seen Marquez twice this year, and got to him to a decent degree both times. In fact he has a 5.67 ERA against the Giants in his career (12 starts). The BVP of the top bats is top notch. Then they’re priced like they’re facing DeGrom at Citi Field.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

And they’ve already seen Marquez twice this year, and got to him to a decent degree both times. In fact he has a 5.67 ERA against the Giants in his career (12 starts). The BVP of the top bats is top notch. Then they’re priced like they’re facing DeGrom at Citi Field.

Crazy… not sure what to hope… if to hope that we get a PPD or that they play and than I will laugh at low ownership due to people outsmarting themselves

• Pandamonious

@Unico10 said...

Yeah… Bueheler has the weather, Lamet (if he starts) probably pitch count or in general they will be xtra careful…

Maeda is playable and TOR offense away from that little park in Florida may be not too scary for Montas, but definitely not options I fell 100 comfortable with

Ohtani and Lynch are super intriguing if you’re feeling frisky. Lynch is a legit prospect. Cleveland can run pretty cold, and Kauffman is pretty safe especially with that wind blowing in. Ohtani just needs to stop walking 2 guys an inning.

• Pandamonious

Lynch is the #3 prospect in the Royals system and 61st overall in the MLB according to Fangraphs.

MLB.com actually has him as their #2 prospect, and 24th overall.

Even though he’s never pitched above A ball, both sites have him projected to debut in 2021.

Was hitting as high as 97 on his fastball in 2019 and supposed to have a plus slider and decent change up.

• ifthethunder

@Unico10 said...

Crazy… not sure what to hope… if to hope that we get a PPD or that they play and than I will laugh at low ownership due to people outsmarting themselves

That is the rub. They’re on the short slate, too. At the moment I have a lineup assuming the game is cancelled and one assuming you have to stack the Giants. The fact that Cleveland – K.C. starts a half hour sooner makes it dicier.
    ~

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Ohtani and Lynch are super intriguing if you’re feeling frisky. Lynch is a legit prospect. Cleveland can run pretty cold, and Kauffman is pretty safe especially with that wind blowing in. Ohtani just needs to stop walking 2 guys an inning.

Yeah. Have been looking…. honestly my take here is to just relax and wait for the weather picture to be clearer…. with the Giants bats priced where they are, if the weather cooperates, I could just go Glasnow/Buehler

• Pandamonious

@Unico10 said...

Yeah. Have been looking…. honestly my take here is to just relax and wait for the weather picture to be clearer…. with the Giants bats priced where they are, if the weather cooperates, I could just go Glasnow/Buehler

Yup. I went through everything already. I know what I like and I don’t. Outside of Coors, I’m not in love with anything that has weather issues. Although you can certainly make a claim for stacking Dodgers, Brewers, Phillies, and Wainwright would be a serviceable SP2, as would Buehler, although he’s kind of risky here too IMO, Yet, if any of them seem overly risky or get cancelled it won’t ruin anything for me to skip them.

• PookieMan69

Looks like Dinelson Lamet isn’t pitching tonight after all…Miguel Diaz will be the starter tonight

• Codyveo

Thoughts on Maeda tonight? Talking FD. Glassnow has been fire, but the Angels matchup is rough. I’m a single entry type of player so really stuck here.

• ifthethunder

@Codyveo said...

Thoughts on Maeda tonight? Talking FD. Glassnow has been fire, but the Angels matchup is rough. I’m a single entry type of player so really stuck here.

I know some people want to be early on a player turning it around: first off that hot streak or first in on the rebound.

I’m not one of them. Kenta Maeda is not in the circle of trust until he does something good.
    ~

• BiGtIGeRs

He’s runnin away again lol. Also I’m doing all tampa stacks

• yisman

Quintana now scheduled to pitch, not Ohtani

• BigRay

@yisman said...

Quintana now scheduled to pitch, not Ohtani

give me all the Arozarena….and all the other Rays righties.

• PookieMan69

SFG/COL ppd

• ifthethunder

@BigRay said...

give me all the Arozarena….and all the other Rays righties.

Yandy Diaz? Hasn’t been hitting worth a damn. But 3,300 (on DK) and batting 4th.
    ~

• ifthethunder

@PookieMan69 said...

SFG/COL ppd

I guess they cancelled the Short Slate? I can’t edit any of those lineups, even the one I made with the idea that Colorado would get postponed.

P.S. Yep it’s gone. OTOH, Roth is feeling better about STLPHI playing.
    ~

• Pandamonious

Not sure what to think bout Quintana. His advanced numbers suggest he hasn’t been nearly as bad as the results. His K% has actually been decent and Rays are still capable of striking out a ton. On a slate without a lot of obvious answers at pitcher, I’m wondering if he’s worth the risk.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@PookieMan69 said...

SFG/COL ppd

Scaled down my play for today

• yisman

dodgers/cubs also PPD

• yisman

@Pandamonious said...

Not sure what to think bout Quintana. His advanced numbers suggest he hasn’t been nearly as bad as the results. His K% has actually been decent and Rays are still capable of striking out a ton. On a slate without a lot of obvious answers at pitcher, I’m wondering if he’s worth the risk.

I was curious what ESPN had to say and their pitching forecast actually has him as an upgrade from Ohtani.

More instructive are the odds. which strongly disagree with that.

TB went from -117 to -159.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).