7:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 105 ) at NY Mets ( -114 ) —- T: 9
    8:05 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -117 ) at Texas ( 108 ) —- T: 10
    8:10 PM EST : Boston ( -177 ) at Chi Sox ( 163 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:10 PM EST : Houston ( 106 ) at Minnesota ( -115 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -135 ) at San Diego ( 125 ) —- T: 8
    10:15 PM EST : Washington ( 113 ) at SF Giants ( -122 ) —- T: 8
    4:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 152 ) at LA Dodgers ( -165 ) —- T: 6.5
    8:00 PM EST : NY Mets ( -101 ) at Pittsburgh ( -107 ) —- T: 9

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• panters

This is my second season playing DFS MLB. I’ve limited my entries to $1 turbo/short slates and a few QAs, mostly late nights. I normally enter three lineups.To date I’ve entered 104 contests and cashed at a rate of 36%. My net so far is $66. I still enjoy just cashing and realize I probably won’t take first in anything. Last year I won a $100 first place in a $1 contest but that was purely blind luck.

My question is if I move up a notch to the $2 contests do you think there will be even more “sharks” swimming around?

Thanks everyone/anyone and good luck today.

• sabresrock29

Looks like a lot of high scoring lines at first glance

• SzymonK

today I will need every ones help here.

250K first prize only 3800 people, I mean sharks.

• hautalak

• 2021 Blogger of the Month

I wanna be all in on BAL because I feel like today is a day that Luis Severino gets blown up. Feel like that should be contrarian, although Severino’s price is getting up there.

• Njsum1

@panters said...

This is my second season playing DFS MLB. I’ve limited my entries to $1 turbo/short slates and a few QAs, mostly late nights. I normally enter three lineups.To date I’ve entered 104 contests and cashed at a rate of 36%. My net so far is $66. I still enjoy just cashing and realize I probably won’t take first in anything. Last year I won a $100 first place in a $1 contest but that was purely blind luck.

My question is if I move up a notch to the $2 contests do you think there will be even more “sharks” swimming around?

Don’t listen to all that fish and shark noise when it comes to tournaments.
    Unless it’s a high buy in single entry event, cash lines in the QA are very similar to cash lines in other larger field small dollar contests. Plenty of good players play the QA nightly. If your good and not just lucky, as long as you don’t deviate from your strategy, and start playing scared, you should see similar results in the 2 dollar.

However, if you’ve only been playing short slates, know that full slates are much more challenging, and I would first test your game in the QA with full slates before moving up.

• bigsmoot2

Holy crap, what a shit show tonight, how many guys are making their first start and not a lot of info on some of them sans minor league numbers.

I don’t even know where to begin.

• SweeneyPhoto

@panters said...

I don’t think you’ll notice any difference. The sharks like swimming in shallow water.

• JENSGT

@panters said...

The sharks swim in every pool. Don’t be afraid of it though…they are beatable anywhere.

• panters

Thanks you three for your time and encouragement. It’s nice to hear from three respected contributors. I’ll give it a go.

• MikeMineo

What’s up with DK’s awful payout structures for GPPs?

You get 4k if you finish in first out of 36,763 people at a $4 entry fee?? What’s even the point? That’s trash.

• SzymonK

@MikeMineo said...

You get 4k if you finish in first out of 36,763 people at a $4 entry fee?? What’s even the point? That’s trash.

DK is awful to play on period.

• Zieg30

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@MikeMineo said...

I love flatter payouts at the top (as I’ve said before here, it’s complete chance whether one finishes 1st or 10th most of the time, all of the top 10 teams are great entries), but the issue with that $4 tournament is the 30% pay structure. 5,000 people win $2, which is just stupid. Cut that down and spread it amongst the top 1%.

• hautalak

• 2021 Blogger of the Month

I only play on DK but based on every thread I see it’s not just them. I feel like all of us will still play almost no matter what. We might play less volume but still need action. Kind of wish my BR was at Fantasy Draft although it was tough to win there for me. In the end I will keep playing my $3-$5 a day. Single entries, QA, and occasionally RG league 50/50s. I am still loving the arcade though! Haven’t hit big but am staying afloat. I still want Severino to get blown up tonight.

• Genghis_Khan

What do you guys think about Thames vs Duda on FD (GPP)? Thames is down to 3100, Duda up to 3000. Most things point to Thames, but Duda is on a crazy tear.

• crazypaul

@Genghis_Khan said...

What do you guys think about Thames vs Duda on FD (GPP)? Thames is down to 3100, Duda up to 3000. Most things point to Thames, but Duda is on a crazy tear.

Thames was AWFUL in May, and only has 2 hits total in the last 2 weeks. I’d probably ride the hot hand for now.

• PujolsJunkie

@Zieg30 said...

I love flatter payouts at the top (as I’ve said before here, it’s complete chance whether one finishes 1st or 10th most of the time, all of the top 10 teams are great entries), but the issue with that $4 tournament is the 30% pay structure. 5,000 people win $2, which is just stupid. Cut that down and spread it amongst the top 1%.

I play that $4 20 max every day. I do this knowing that there used to be $3 contests with the same amount of people paying $10K to first. I can accept that that this is the DFS world we live in now. That said, today’s payout structure is completely ludicrous. I’m sick of this 1.5x payout to more people. It has ruined GPPs.

• hcassidy

So how many are going to try and fit Sale into their DK lineups. 13.4K eats up a nice chunk of salary, and the low end pitcher’s just doesn’t seem like enough stats to support throwing one of them into the lineup.

• Genghis_Khan

@crazypaul said...

Thames was AWFUL in May, and only has 2 hits total in the last 2 weeks. I’d probably ride the hot hand for now.

Thanks, yeah, I’m just wondering if facing this rookie righty in his first career start is a chance for Thames to get off the schneid.

• cliang00

Who’s the next best pitcher with good match up after Sale?

• HungryHungryHip

4 K for a $4 entry? I’ll gladly take it(even if it’s 30K entries.) Now, if it’s 100-200K entries, yes we better be getting a 25-50K 1st place(if not larger) but 4 K is fine IMO.

Today’s slate looks like one of those slates that will be so fun to put together rosters only for me to be disappointed by night’s end because I’m off by 1-2 players

• PujolsJunkie

@HungryHungryHip said...

4 K for a $4 entry? I’ll gladly take it(even if it’s 30K entries.) Now, if it’s 100-200K entries, yes we better be getting a 25-50K 1st place(if not larger) but 4 K is fine IMO.

Today’s slate looks like one of those slates that will be so fun to put together rosters only for me to be disappointed by night’s end because I’m off by 1-2 players

So last night it was $4 with 22,000 entries and $5,000 to first, and today with 14,000 more entries to beat, first place drops to $4,000? If you don’t think there’s something wrong with that, I don’t know what to tell you man.

• HungryHungryHip

@PujolsJunkie said...

So last night it was $4 with 22,000 entries and $5,000 to first, and today with 14,000 more entries to beat, first place drops to $4,000? If you don’t think there’s something wrong with that, I don’t know what to tell you man.

I’m not saying that it’s a good structure, just that it’s not the end of the world like some are making it out to be. It’s a topic(payout structure) that has been discussed ad nauseum. A lot of (casual) players like the payout structures where 25-30% cash(even for $6 on a $4 entry) and a lot of players(rotogrinders, etc) don’t like it. We could go round and round on it. Why not just don’t play that contest if you don’t like the payout structure? There are plenty of other contests out there IMO.

Anyway, last time I’m ever commenting on payout structure because it’s a worthless discussion(nothing is going to change long term because we discuss it on a forum.) It’s been proven for years now. Either accept it and play the other contests you do like or don’t play it at all.

• PujolsJunkie

@HungryHungryHip said...

I’m not saying that it’s a good structure, just that it’s not the end of the world like some are making it out to be. It’s a topic(payout structure) that has been discussed ad nauseum. A lot of (casual) players like the payout structures where 25-30% cash(even for $6 on a $4 entry) and a lot of players(rotogrinders, etc) don’t like it. We could go round and round on it. Why not just don’t play that contest if you don’t like the payout structure? There are plenty of other contests out there IMO.

Anyway, last time I’m ever commenting on payout structure because it’s a worthless discussion(nothing is going to change long term because we discuss it on a forum.) It’s been proven for years now. Either accept it and play the other contests you do like or don’t play it at all.

I’m not playing the contest, that’s my point. I don’t enjoy having to change the kind of contest I’m playing because they yo-yo the prizes for no reason. But hey, maybe they structured it this way on purpose to drive more people into the $70, which is what I’m doing now. I’ll come back and admit i was wrong about the payout structures if i win the $100K tonight.

• HungryHungryHip

@PujolsJunkie said...

I’m not playing the contest, that’s my point. I don’t enjoy having to change the kind of contest I’m playing because they yo-yo the prizes for no reason. But hey, maybe they structured it this way on purpose to drive more people into the $70, which is what I’m doing now. I’ll come back and admit i was wrong about the payout structures if i win the $100K tonight.

Well, I hope you do win(I was tempted to play the 70 but too rich for what I want to put in today.) I’m sticking to the 4 & 7 contests today. Good luck!

• SweeneyPhoto

@Genghis_Khan said...

No Braun means fade Thames, he’s been cold.

On the upside, his ownership is dropping, so there’s that, I would fade him though.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).