3:10 PM EST : Arizona ( 139 ) at Colorado ( -151 ) —- T: 12
    7:05 PM EST : Boston ( -156 ) at NY Yankees ( 143 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:05 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -112 ) at Pittsburgh ( 104 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 120 ) at Tampa Bay ( -130 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : Kansas City ( 130 ) at Texas ( -141 ) —- T: 10
    8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -175 ) at Chi Sox ( 161 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( 229 ) at LA Dodgers ( -252 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( -103 ) at Seattle ( -105 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• got9forya

Much better early slate today then Yesterday. Reds Killed me along with Paddack SMH On to today.

• rgreuli

• monarch

Considering a reliever on DK in the early slate. Anyone ever do this on similar slates?

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Considering a reliever on DK in the early slate. Anyone ever do this on similar slates?

I wasn’t going to reply to this, but since no one else is…

I’ve never done it. I’m pretty certain people in the forum have before. No idea on the success rate. Maybe others will chime in. If you have a certain angle you want to play and a certain confidence that pitcher will appear, I get it. Throwing a hopeful dart at someone in a guessing game seems like a losing battle. I could be missing something/someone, but I don’t see anything reliable as far as relievers here. Maybe Holland or Moronta for the Giants? They’re not cheap though.

• superjon

How fishy of a play is Taylor Clarke?

• PhoFever

@got9forya said...

Much better early slate today then Yesterday. Reds Killed me along with Paddack SMH On to today.

I dunno, the pitching options seem equally perilous. As for now, for me it’s looking like Alcántara and I Cough.

• monarch

That’s the thing. The pitchers suck…all six of them and everyone is on Alcantara which puts the majority of the field on the same roster construction.

That leaves me with two options.

1. Stack vs Alacantara which is gross
    2. Punt a reliever like Jon Gant and get to Alcantara and whatever bats I want. A reliever is less likely to get blown up like a Coors pitcher and is considerably cheaper and most importantly…allows you to be unique.

So that’s my thought process for this really limited three gamer

Edit: someone won a max entry gpp the other night with 8 DK points from Clayton Richard I believe.

• PhoFever

@monarch said...

1. Stack vs Alacantara which is gross

Is it really that gross? Maybe on a big slate, but not on a small one like this.

• monarch

@PhoFever said...

Is it really that gross? Maybe on a big slate, but not on a small one like this.

It’s an option. I dont know about the ceiling of the Giants vs the lefty mashing D Backs in Coors vs a horrific Freeland. Plus a decent amount of entries will stack Giants as their leverage move

• rvnfn77

Maybe be different and go Freeland maybe he finally gets back to last years form. Big risk though.

• Pandamonious

Nothing earth shattering here, but Alcantara is 100%, by far, without a shadow of a doubt, unequivocally the absolute best pitching option on this slate. Not. Even. Close.

This guarantees nothing though. If you’re fading him, it’s not because you think he may do poorly, no evidence to suggest he would, it’s because you’re just trying to be different. Plenty of ways to be different without fading the prime pitching option on a slate weak on pitchers.

• rvnfn77

@Pandamonious said...

Nothing earth shattering here, but Alcantara is 100%, by far, without a shadow of a doubt, unequivocally the absolute best pitching option on this slate. Not. Even. Close.

This guarantees nothing though. If you’re fading him, it’s not because you think he may do poorly, no evidence to suggest he would, it’s because you’re just trying to be different. Plenty of ways to be different without fading the prime pitching option on a slate weak on pitchers.

Agree but bad thing is got to have 2 on DK uck

• monarch

I’m going Alcantara/punt reliever at min price plus full stack of Coors.

• PhoFever

I remember once upon a time when Stephen Vogt was the Yasmani Grandal lefty HR hitting catcher of yesteryear. Maybe he can have a flashback day today.

• cullyp81

RG Overall Ranking

@monarch said...

I do this fairly often on smaller slates, with shit pitching options like today. If you can get a reliever to get you 6-7 points for $4-5k, and most of the starters end up with 10-15pts, there’s no doubt you’re at an advantage. You can easily make up the 4-10pts with an extra $4k to use on bats. Yesterday I used Holder and he got me 9.9 DK pts for 4,100. He ended up being 2pts away from 3rd highest scoring pitcher on the slate. Even a 0 from him would not have killed me.

• peetabutter

somehow cashed last night even though i had sparkman in my LU lolol. I’ll always have one good stack and 2-3 players from another stack shit the bed… Is it worth looking at the money lines to reduce my player pool?

• captainwacky

@peetabutter said...

somehow cashed last night even though i had sparkman in my LU lolol. I’ll always have one good stack and 2-3 players from another stack shit the bed… Is it worth looking at the money lines to reduce my player pool?

You mean the vegas money lines? They should probably be factored into your decision making somewhere along the line, but they typically aren’t the end-all be-all in baseball. Or honestly any sport. They’re a good starting point to shape which games you want to gravitate to in which way, though.

• MrPerfekt7

SP1 Alcantara
    SP2 – Hudson or Clarke gamble on both

Stacks a Cardinals and Diamondbacks in gpp with a few Marlins players. Thoughts?

• peetabutter

@captainwacky said...

You mean the vegas money lines? They should probably be factored into your decision making somewhere along the line, but they typically aren’t the end-all be-all in baseball. Or honestly any sport. They’re a good starting point to shape which games you want to gravitate to in which way, though.

Yeah, the vegas lines. I’ll always have 4 stacks that I think are amazing and 2 of them do their job while the other 2 do horrid. That ruins most of my lineups.

• rog11sm

@7klub06 said...

SP1 Alcantara
    SP2 – Hudson or Clarke gamble on both

Stacks a Cardinals and Diamondbacks in gpp with a few Marlins players. Thoughts?

I am on the opposite thinking / i am going with philly and colorado with neither alacantara and freeland or eikoff and check back in 5 hours,

• superjon

@Pandamonious said...

The fact that most people will share your belief is reason enough for me to fade him in my 4 line ups.

If I were playing 10 or more I’d have some shares

• Pandamonious

@superjon said...

The fact that most people will share your belief is reason enough for me to fade him in my 4 line ups.

If I were playing 10 or more I’d have some shares

So, you’re fading him because he’ll be chalk, even though on a 3-game slate all logical plays carry fairly hefty ownership? Or you just disagree with him being the best option?

• superjon

@Pandamonious said...

So, you’re fading him because he’ll be chalk, even though on a 3-game slate all logical plays carry fairly hefty ownership? Or you just disagree with him being the best option?

Little bit of both.

The so called best options tend to disappoint more often than not.

It’s DFS

• murphstahoe

well crap.

I entered a few satellites for a Milly maker contest today and did quite well, I have a stack of entries.
    I was all excited to do some real detailed analysis for once on today’s games and give it a serious shot, with multiple entries pivoting around key players.

Then I figured out today it was for the basketball game tonight.

• feezyg

If you didnt play Alacantra, and got cute and went with a reliever, imo you over thought things….

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).