7:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 118 ) at Miami ( -128 ) —- T: 7
    7:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( -128 ) at Atlanta ( 118 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( 188 ) at Chi Cubs ( -205 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( -146 ) at Milwaukee ( 135 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -117 ) at Kansas City ( 108 ) —- T: 8
    8:40 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 168 ) at Colorado ( -183 ) —- T: 11
    10:05 PM EST : Detroit ( -104 ) at LA Angels ( -104 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:05 PM EST : Minnesota ( -106 ) at Oakland ( -102 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• jthayesjr

RG Overall Ranking

Gerritt Cole thoughts – disappointing few games, but he takes on a depleted Marlins lineup without Stanton and a hobbled Yelich/Dietrich that made Jeff Locke look like Sandy Koufax last night. Better than Joe Ross?

• RollinNolan

@jthayesjr said...

Taking LvL or is Gomez a switch hitter?

Go-Go is a right-handed hitter.

• paulmsr

@jthayesjr said...

Gerritt Cole thoughts

I like Cole tonight, he pitches much better on the road. i likely wont play him on FD tho the win is too important and that price is too high not to get it

• paulmsr

@nosideFX said...

Do you just play it safe and ignore the games completely and look to other options, or do you take a chance because matchups are so good in coors case or elite pitcher in Arrieta’s case? Asking primarily for cash games.

for cash games where you have to decide now.. i fade

• choppadown

Rough weather for COL….hmmm to fade or not to fade…

• RollinNolan

Carlos Gomez or Russell Martin who has the better day at the plate?

• jthayesjr

RG Overall Ranking

@Rollin_Nolan said...

Carlos Gomez or Russell Martin who has the better day at the plate?

Don’t necessarily trust Gomez first game – no hits in last three before injury absence…

• feekdogg

I usually play on just one site each slate, but I’m playing on both sites tonight. Anyway, I ended up with the exact same lineup on both sites (with the extra DK P, of course). I should diversify, but I like my lineup, so it’s all or nothing. Probably nothing.

• RollinNolan

Gotta ask this one more time need more opinions. J.D. Martinez or Kole Calhoun for the late slate on DK for cash?

• jordan200580

@Rollin_Nolan said...

Gotta ask this one more time need more opinions. J.D. Martinez or Kole Calhoun for the late slate on DK for cash?

I think last night’s debacle will have many people off the Tigers tonight. I would go with J.D. That being said I think I will have them both in my lineup that hedges my “please stop the rain” coors lineup. Sneaky game to stack both sides tonight.

• draggin49

How bad is weather lookin for the cubs and rockies games?

Dk is rough, if you take 2 good pitchers you are so thin on bats.
    Maybe one stud and then pray a cheaper guy doesnt blow up lol

• mabrla

@feekdogg said...

I usually play on just one site each slate, but I’m playing on both sites tonight. Anyway, I ended up with the exact same lineup on both sites (with the extra DK P, of course). I should diversify, but I like my lineup, so it’s all or nothing. Probably nothing.

I do that whenever I decide to play on DK w/ a LU I love (I otherwise hate DK).

Due to the pricing differences, you’re contrarian by default. It’s a viable strategy IMO.

• jordan200580

Wow….Red Sox lineup is always enticing, Jays against C.C-, Cards against Wily, Tigers on a lefty, Coors with weather, Twins with a good match up as well. Should be a fun night and % should be spread thin

• deejones49

@Rollin_Nolan said...

The Bat and Fantasy Labs have JD ranked ahead Calhoun is way down the list

• renegade68

Deleted. Not relevant.

• TheRyanFlaherty

I know Roth said the Colorado game should play, but whenever it’s Orange I try to confirm that with other sources to take ownership of the decision….but I feel like I’m really having to try to find and force a forecast that looks positive, which isn’t a good thing.

That said, it seems whenever I’ve been cautious with weather it’s come back to bite me. If people are going to gamble that’s fine, but I hate the idea of being cautious which causes you to lose to people who are oblivious to the weather situation…I guess I could have just been more concise here and said – this really sucks.

• choppadown

Got a little coors in every lineup tonight….expect a PPD*

• renegade68

To hedge on the rain, I only have Coors in 1 lineup….but it is stacked. I hope it goes off and ownership is skewed due to the rain.

• specvspeed03

Anybody taking a shot on Eddy Rodriguez tonight? Hes cheap

• Heterodox

@TheRyanFlaherty said...

I know Roth said the Colorado game should play, but whenever it’s Orange I try to confirm that with other sources to take ownership of the decision….but I feel like I’m really having to try to find and force a forecast that looks positive, which isn’t a good thing.

Thing is, it’s not just rainy, it’s cold. Wasn’t this a big issue last year, some crazy run of Coors games being played in cold and rainy conditions, leading to lower than usual offensive production?

I’m not saying to go one way or another, I’m just saying if you’re someone who looks for reasons to fade Coors you’ve probably got what you need tonight.

• Daybo

@draggin49 said...

How bad is weather lookin for the cubs and rockies games?

Dk is rough, if you take 2 good pitchers you are so thin on bats.
    Maybe one stud and then pray a cheaper guy doesnt blow up lol

Leake and Happ are in decent spots for cheap DK SP2

• renegade68

@specvspeed03 said...

Anybody taking a shot on Eddy Rodriguez tonight? Hes cheap

Yep – in my Coors lineup.

• renegade68

@Heterodox said...

Thing is, it’s not just rainy, it’s cold. Wasn’t this a big issue last year, some crazy run of Coors games being played in cold and rainy conditions, leading to lower than usual offensive production?

I’m not saying to go one way or another, I’m just saying if you’re someone who looks for reasons to fade Coors you’ve probably got what you need tonight.

According to the “weather data” – it says it feels like 60 degrees, and will drop into the mid 50’s….that ain’t cold. But – at 90% chance of rain, it sure is wet.

• clatrndzl

I hope Jon Gray brings it tonight! I’m expecting low ownership for him.

• specvspeed03

Your right you may be the only one who owns him

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler