7:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 118 ) at Miami ( -128 ) —- T: 7
    7:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( -128 ) at Atlanta ( 118 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( 188 ) at Chi Cubs ( -205 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( -146 ) at Milwaukee ( 135 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Tampa Bay ( -117 ) at Kansas City ( 108 ) —- T: 8
    8:40 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 168 ) at Colorado ( -183 ) —- T: 11
    10:05 PM EST : Detroit ( -104 ) at LA Angels ( -104 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:05 PM EST : Minnesota ( -106 ) at Oakland ( -102 ) —- T: 8.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

Here we go again with the red sox

• mabrla

I already feel like I lost because Pedroia and Betts stole my Ortiz HR.

Now if he bombs one the Red Sox stack has a massive advantage.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

Happ getting knocked around by a triple A yankees lineup

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@clatrndzl said...

I considered all of those things. But I have gone against my gut enough this year and regretted it. Time to listen to it and see what happens.

You have probably listened before but it didn’t work out and we choose to forget those. It’s when we decide to change and the guy blows up and we can’t handle those situations. I for one can’t imagine why your gut is telling you he is a good play with the weather and it being at coors.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@mabrla said...

Stole? Hmm

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@mabrla said...

I’ll take the 2nd one for Betts though.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@slpanthers24 said...

I’ll take the 2nd one for Betts though.

But if SF doesn’t hit with him tonight it won’t matter. Come on Giants one time please.

• specvspeed03

Betts again…got him in 6 lu

• mabrla

@slpanthers24 said...

Stole? Hmm

A pitcher will only give up so many HR’s.

• mabrla

Welp, looks like I’m playing for a min cash now. No Betts.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@mabrla said...

A pitcher will only give up so many HR’s.

You realize Gausman gives up more HR’s to righties than lefties right?

• Lathum

The ownership numbers for Coors are really low in the FD super rally. If that game goes and is high scoring it could really work out.

• Lathum

@mabrla said...

Welp, looks like I’m playing for a min cash now. No Betts.

only 4% in the FD super rally

• mabrla

Couldn’t Mookie have waited until like the 8th for the second blast? At least give me some hope in the Super Rally.

• mabrla

@slpanthers24 said...

You realize Gausman gives up more HR’s to righties than lefties right?

I play one LU man. Other options in the outfield. Ortiz the clear top play at 1st coming into the slate.

• mabrla

@Lathum said...

only 4% in the FD super rally

I guess it depends on if other players bomb multiples. Great spot for those with him moving forward though.

However…In having Ortiz, if he does anything to help my LU, it will push those with the Red Sox stack further ahead. Increasing the likelihood of a variation of that stack taking it down. That decreases my chances. Only reason those 2 HR’s effect me more than others potentially.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

Giants just sitting there watching pitches right down the middle. FFS swing the bat.

• Olhausen

@mabrla said...

Couldn’t Mookie have waited until like the 8th for the second blast? At least give me some hope in the Super Rally.

You say this every time someone goes off early. Hes 4% owned and with the cardinals facing peralta and a coors game it’s far from over if you don’t have mookie.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@mabrla said...

I play one LU man. Other options in the outfield. Ortiz the clear top play at 1st coming into the slate.

Cash game or GPP? I strongly disagree with GPP that he was the clear top play.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@Olhausen said...

You say this every time someone goes off early. Hes 4% owned and with the cardinals facing peralta and a coors game it’s far from over if you don’t have mookie.

Exactly. I have him with the Giants and Mets and so far they aren’t hitting.

• mabrla

@slpanthers24 said...

Cash game or GPP? I strongly disagree with GPP that he was the clear top play.

GPP. Who was your top play? I rostered Gray so no Votto for me.

• mabrla

@Olhausen said...

It’s a numbers game bro. If you take a one-off and everyone around him hits a HR….then if your guy hits a HR…the stack of those players is in a MUCH better position than you.

Not saying a Red Sox stack is taking it down…saying if Ortiz delivers, the likelihood of me having a top 1% finish is lower with the high amounts of stacking that occur today in DFS.

• deactivated70770

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #84

RG Tiered Ranking

@mabrla said...

GPP. Who was your top play? I rostered Gray so no Votto for me.

I just know how rare it is to hit HR in 4 straight games. It doesn’t happen very often at all. Add it the fact KG gives up HR to righties and Ortiz being highly owned I went with Belt, Miggy and Hanley.

• mabrla

@slpanthers24 said...

I just know how rare it is to hit HR in 4 straight games. It doesn’t happen very often at all. Add it the fact KG gives up HR to righties and Ortiz being highly owned I went with Belt, Miggy and Hanley.

I just figured I’d get him at low ownership (and I did at 9%) with Coors on the slate. Wasn’t necessarily expecting a HR but Ortiz smacks doubles like nobody’s business ha.

Those are solid plays though I hear you.

• TheRyanFlaherty

Hope McCann does something tonight now.
    Deciding between him Vasquez or Realmuto as a bargain catcher on FD. Was going to play Realmuto but then remembered Marlins have been killing me against garbage pitchers…Why play a guy on a struggling team in a bad matchup?

And maybe I’m missing something but how was Ortiz a must play? Only in the sense that he’s been unreal all year, so if you want to just plug a guy in and not think about it maybe….At the price and with the matchup (as a team) he wasn’t even on my radar and with more attractive plays 1b actually looked like a place to potentially save some money.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).