8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -163 ) at Chi Sox ( 150 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:15 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( 106 ) at St. Louis ( -115 ) —- T: 9
    8:40 PM EST : Toronto ( 215 ) at Colorado ( -236 ) —- T: 11.5
    9:40 PM EST : NY Mets ( 0 ) at Arizona ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:07 PM EST : Houston ( -113 ) at Oakland ( 105 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Miami ( 155 ) at San Diego ( -169 ) —- T: 7
    10:10 PM EST : Philadelphia ( 135 ) at LA Dodgers ( -146 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( 0 ) at Seattle ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• RatedDAL

Edwin Jackson at Coors. That is all.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@RatedDAL said...

Edwin Jackson at Coors. That is all.

Perfect game? Complete game shutout? That’s what you’re talking about right… In all seriousness COL bats gonna be chalkier than normal on a Coors slate. Choose the pitchers to pair the stack with wisely.

• TBforPrez

I’ve had such a bad run lately, I need to break out of it. I am close to locking in Marquez on FD for cash games. Super cheap. Probably give up a few runs but almost certainly will get the win and a decent amount of TOR strikeouts.

• yisman

I guess Chris Owings is cheap every day for a reason.

He’s Jeff Mathis-bad.

.415 OPS, 55 strikeouts in 135 ABs (0/4 with 4 Ks yesterday).

In May, he’s 3/39 with two singles, a double, and a walk.

Also, the Angels said yesterday Garcia was opening with Pena to follow.

Instead, Pena started and threw over 100 pitches.

• RatedDAL

Garcia did open and Pena followed.

• TnCowboy

@RatedDAL said...

Garcia did open and Pena followed.

Yep. Garcia pitched the 1st inning only. Gave way to Peña to start the second.

• PhoFever

A voice talking to another voice Pearces through the silence, saying:

- “You Betts be stacking Coors, baby Dahl.”
    -“Oh, I will. But in case I forget your advice, I’ll Tapia and listen to it again later.”
    -“You are wise to heed my advice. More wisdom: It will be a Wong night for Yu. A feast of Carp and Trout.”
    -“Yes, a Trevorending Story, if you ask me. Please, Oh won’t you, Shohei the way!” –

• hautalak

• x2

@PhoFever said...

A voice talking to another voice Pearces through the silence, saying:

- “You Betts be stacking Coors, baby Dahl.”
    -“Oh, I will. But in case I forget your advice, I’ll Tapia and listen to it again later.”
    -“You are wise to heed my advice. More wisdom: It will be a Wong night for Yu. A feast of Carp and Trout.”
    -“Yes, a Trevorending Story, if you ask me. Please, Oh won’t you, Shohei the way!” –

I missed my Pho wordplay! Be nice if you could get them all in a line!

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

Updated…I found and fixed a bug in my app where it wasn’t applying ballpark shifts to opposing pitchers & bullpens. Now that this is fixed, the Rockies are (not surpsingly) my app’s top-rated stack:

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/mlb-data-detective-best-player-values-may-31-3040516

Fade COL and Win. Jackson comes alive! Playing heavily on NYM vs weak pitcher. Play against LEAKE. Play Pirate also. Also like a super low-owned PHI to BOMB Maeda. Heavy McC/Harper.

• monarch

@866 said...

Fade COL and Win. Jackson comes alive! Playing heavily on NYM vs weak pitcher. Play against LEAKE. Play Pirate also.

That’s where I am at the first glance as well. I think the Angels go nuts vs the Mariners bullpen.

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

I missed my Pho wordplay! Be nice if you could get them all in a line!

Thanks Hautala-k! I will work on getting them into fewer lines next time. By the way, I used to think your name was some sort of Viking chant, until I figured out it was just your last name and first initial. Is the name Finnish?

• hautalak

• x2

@PhoFever said...

Is the name Finnish?

I could see that. You are correct there! Wasn’t thinking when I did that but have stuck with it. It’s your favorite too many vowels nationality.

And on Yahoo (I’m back there for a while after needing a PGA fix) I’m liking a Rags stack again.

Oh and I was talking a lineup not just a single line for your play on names. Always clever!

• TBforPrez

I’m finding myself with 4 Rockies in my FD cash lineups. Is that too much of a stack for cash?

• Njsum1

It’s just too much slate…carry on that is all

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

It’s just too much slate…carry on that is all

Do you also find that their is too much value?

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I don’t know if anyone here reads the Grind Down article, but I don’t think there’s one page where Notorious doesn’t mention he’s going to play COL. It’s so obvious yet probably necessary to play them. I’m trying all sorts of sports when there’s no NHL, and MLB is kind of similar!

• tratow

• 2015 DraftKings FFWC Finalist

@Felixxberg said...

I don’t know if anyone here reads the Grind Down article, but I don’t think there’s one page where Notorious doesn’t mention he’s going to play COL. It’s so obvious yet probably necessary to play them. I’m trying all sorts of sports when there’s no NHL, and MLB is kind of similar!

Good to see more familiar faces over here from the NHL!

• mbunner23

@Pandamonious said...

Two Rockies. Two Indians. Bauer/Smith.

• Southie777

Feeling frisky and throwing in one White Sox stack against Bauer. Hasn’t looked right in four of his last five starts and I think they’ll be less than 5% ownership.

• feekdogg

Luchessi on FD feels like a trap.

• ezreads

How we feeling with bos and NY? Thoughts? East coast rivalry showdown narrative?

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Haha 🍻

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@ezreads said...

How we feeling with bos and NY? Thoughts? East coast rivalry showdown narrative?

I don’t know. Normally I’d be stacking that game. They seem to shoot out more often than not. Sale is throwing me for a loop. Right when he starts to turn it out around, he has 2 mediocre starts against Houston. Granted, it’s Houston, but overall they’ve been beatable lately. Can’t recall who was all out for each start between Springer/Altuve/Correra. Sale is also getting hit pretty hard. On the other side Happ has been mostly trash other than his last start. Even trashier at home. None of it will probably be a focus for me, but will probably sprinkle in all angles, other than playing Happ.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@tratow said...

Good to see more familiar faces over here from the NHL!

I’m more on the learning side of things here though!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).