7:07 PM EST : Texas ( 153 ) at Toronto ( -166 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -100 ) at Cincinnati ( -108 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : Arizona ( 129 ) at Miami ( -140 ) —- T: 8
    8:05 PM EST : Washington ( 136 ) at Chi Cubs ( -148 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Boston ( -104 ) at Chi Sox ( -104 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 103 ) at Houston ( -111 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( -181 ) at San Diego ( 166 ) —- T: 6.5
    10:15 PM EST : Colorado ( 118 ) at SF Giants ( -128 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• MikeSos760

Is tonight the night the Blue Jays go off?

Basically tossing your money away the past few days if you have stacked them at all. They have only hit 7 runs or above this whole year 3 times with the highest being 9 runs.

Cubs on the other hand have done it 11 times, which is absolutely nuts.

Anyways, I’ll still be rolling out a Blue Jays stack in one lineup because they have to go off one of these nights right?

• tristanwolf

Lol I don’t get this Toronto talk that’s been going on lately. They’re an average team who scores average runs. I’ll be stacking them none.

• donkshow

@tristanwolf said...

Lol I don’t get this Toronto talk that’s been going on lately. They’re an average team who scores average runs. I’ll be stacking them none.

Scores averages runs? They led the majors and had 125 more runs than the 2nd place team last year and didn’t change their roster.

• TheBigM

Meh, the Jays led the league last year in several hitting categories, to expect them to to the same is human nature. One of which I have done a couple of times this year. Even an average team should have more success then they have had the last few games against lower caliber pitching. Definitely in a funk.

• Wrightime

@donkshow said...

Scores averages runs? They led the majors and had 125 more runs than the 2nd place team last year and didn’t change their roster.

At home i agree. Wouldnt touch them on the road.. They arent leading in runs scored this year

• RatedDAL

Ugly pitching slate. Can’t talk myself into any value options at all. deGrom ownership gonna be off the charts.

• tristanwolf

@donkshow said...

Last year means nothing. There are 16 teams with as many or more runs scored this year.

• paulmsr

I’d tend to agree that last year doesn’t hold as much weight anymore after this weekend the Jays will already have played 1/5 of their schedule. It’s just about time to start looking at what they are this year.

• pepsies15

@tristanwolf said...

Last year means nothing. There are 16 teams with as many or more runs scored this year.

• feekdogg

As far as Toronto goes: Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Maybe losing Revere as a table setter has really hurt them. Martin has been awful too, so that doesn’t help things.

Only one afternoon game today? Thursday is usually a given for a split slate.

• paulmsr

@feekdogg said...

Only one afternoon game today? Thursday is usually a given for a split slate.

agreed… thursday is usually my “take a day off and recharge” day with its smaller two split slates

• MrMadness001

Do you guys normally roll a stack of a team that went HAM the day before or do you tend to fade that team? You would believe the Astros will see more love today by throwing up 16 runs last night. But whenever the Mets have rolled this season I have noticed their ownership percentages are still very low. So are you better off chasing the points or fading and trying to be the one guy who finds the next HAM stack?

• B_Heals152

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #6

RG Tiered Ranking

DeGrom should be at least 75% owned in cash. I understanding fading him in GPPs, but he will be in all my lineups today. No need to get cute when he’s the only elite pitcher tonight and facing the Padres in Petco.

• Markley

brew crew vs alfredo simon. simon should not be pitching in the major leagues.

• Lathum

Been grinding the last 3 weeks entering $1 satellites for the $5 MLB super rally. Ended up with 16 entries and THIS is the slate we get? The pitching choices are terrible. I was really looking forward to spreading around multiple lineups, which I will, but man its hard to look anywhere, especially as a huge Mets fan.

So whats everyones thoughts on a second option? Mind you I have done no research on the numbers, these are just off the cuff thoughts as I drink my coffee and ignore my children.

Ross or Hendricks normally would be ok but the matchup is tough. Maybe Holland against a cold Bluejays team?

I like Conley but again, not a great matchup.

Miley against a Houston team that is prone to cold streaks?

Cain and hope the park helps?

Colin Rea and hope the Mets bats are groggy after a cross country trip with no day off? They were shut down by MAtt Wistler after all.

Thoughts?

• donkshow

@Wrightime said...

At home i agree. Wouldnt touch them on the road.. They arent leading in runs scored this year

They also lead the league on the road in runs scored last year.

LAST YEAR

• xdan3220

@Lathum said...

Been grinding the last 3 weeks entering $1 satellites for the $5 MLB super rally. Ended up with 16 entries and THIS is the slate we get? The pitching choices are terrible. I was really looking forward to spreading around multiple lineups, which I will, but man its hard to look anywhere, especially as a huge Mets fan.

So whats everyones thoughts on a second option? Mind you I have done no research on the numbers, these are just off the cuff thoughts as I drink my coffee and ignore my children.

Ross or Hendricks normally would be ok but the matchup is tough. Maybe Holland against a cold Bluejays team?

I like Conley but again, not a great matchup.

Miley against a Houston team that is prone to cold streaks?

Cain and hope the park helps?

Colin Rea and hope the Mets bats are groggy after a cross country trip with no day off? They were shut down by MAtt Wistler after all.

Thoughts?

After DeGrom the only pitching options I really like on the slate tonight are Tanaka, I think he will go overlooked against Baltimore has great strikeout upside, 23 k’s in 83 PA’s against current Orioles. Then if you want to go cheaper I like J.A. Happ off to a nice start, only Ranger with good numbers against him is Prince, again decent K potential 20 k’s in 89 career PA’s against current Rangers who are K’ing 21.6% of the time against Lefties.

• Markley

derek holland vs blue jays

• Whynot138

Gausman

• dice

Any recommendations for the 2 early slate games?

• Wolfedawwg

@Markley said...

derek holland vs blue jays

He will go either 3 ip or 7+

• Jaredmlevitt

@dice said...

Any recommendations for the 2 early slate games?

Yes, don’t play.

• hobbes2d

RG Overall Ranking

@donkshow said...

That’s true but there was definitely a good chance of regression and so far that’s occurred. Russell Martin looks done just as he did early last year. Tulo also looks awful. Encarnacion is showing his age. Ryan Goins wouldn’t be in the majors if couldn’t play good defense. He’s basically a pitcher trying to hit 4 times a game.

Their lineup isn’t nearly as strong this year. Also given the track record of guys like Michael Saunders (ALWAYS injured) and Justin Smoak (usually not very good) I would expect it to get even worse at some point. Bautista should be fine. He’s in a contract year, so is EE. Martin it’s hard to know. He’s had stretches over the past few years where he just stopped hitting.

• kmart35

@hobbes2d said...

Encarnacion is showing his age.

33 years old

• Wolfedawwg

@MikeSos760 said...

Is tonight the night the Blue Jays go off?

The one thing with the Jays is, when they come out of a funk they can come out big, if we see 1 HR by a Jay today, I can almost guarantee we will see multiple, it’s almost like a pissing contest sometimes.
    There is more chance of a Unicorn running out on the field than the Jays playing small ball.
    I’m rolling the dice today………………………

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler