8:10pm Cleveland at Kansas City(-108) —- T:7.5
    8:10pm Texas at Houston(-160) —- T:9.0
    8:10pm LA Dodgers(-163) at Milwaukee —- T:7.5
    8:10pm Oakland at Minnesota(-104) —- T:8.5
    8:15pm Chi Cubs at St. Louis(-124) —- T:8.0
    8:40pm Arizona at Colorado(-141) —- T:10.0
    10:05pm Seattle at LA Angels(-132) —- T:7.5
    10:15pm San Diego(-117) at San Francisco —- T:7.0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• jayisu

I have to do early research due to time constraints. I will be able to check back once, but not after LU are released. I like looking at the LU to make an adjustment if I see a value play or someone moving up in the order, like Reynolds last night and I had Molina and had to pivot (should have pivoted on Martinez, that correction was coming).

So, today I am looking at Pineda and Richards and Paxton and Salazar. Any opinions? Lot of high totals on the board tonight but I am looking at OAK, CHW, and SD bats. Any early opinions would be appreciated.

• ElSlappo

HOU just needed a night to acclimate to facing gas can lefties – tonight they’ll do some damage.

• 8MileAllstars

Happy Wandy Rodriguez Farewell Tour Night-tonight he’ll be helping give souvenir baseballs to the Fans in Houston. (Not to be confused with Ryan Vogelsong Piñata Day in San Francisco)

• TommyWantWingy33

Anything on weather for the diamondbacks game? Thats one of the stacks I was hoping for.

• pulsar78

It’s looking better than yesterday in Colorodo, but still T-storms from noon until 9pm. I’ll be staying far away, at least in my cash games.
    Also be on the look out for weather concerns in Was, Pitt, and possibly Chicago(White Sox).

• jellish

Really like Baltimore vs Colon. He throws mostly fastballs and likes to attack the zone which would seem to play right into the strengths of Baltimore. Could see him getting shelled though he’s been pitching well all year.

• Cconn026

DC resident here. Still a long way out, but they’re calling for thunderstorms earlier on and everything clearing out by 9. That said, the Nats did postpone a game against the fish last April when everything cleared out by 730 or 8.

• Kmah07

The highest runs total scored the fewest yesterday (TOR/NYY) and the lowest runs total scored the most (CHC/STL). I hate MLB DFS lol

• kjkeelty

Took down a $1M Mega Payoff Pitch qualifier on DK last night, pretty psyched.

I should avoid playing today, though, since I won’t be near a computer this afternoon from 3-7pm. Maybe I’ll play the late games.

Not many standout SP to target tonight. Greinke and Salazar I guess, maybe Colon? Cashner might not be a bad pick either.

• bjk121

I think I might stack MIL against Greinke tonight. Just got a feeling that this offense gets rolling.

I know it’s a righty-heavy lineup, but just a gut feeling.

• Rgbaseball

Salazar for me I am tired of paying up for 10-13 points. Time to try something new!!

• jayisu

@Rgbaseball said...

Salazar for me I am tired of paying up for 10-13 points. Time to try something new!!

Amen, but -3 hurts worse. Better get the right guy in the right spot. I am not good enough to pay 11 or 12k for an SP that doesn’t deal. Seem to always get the wrong guy. But, a day like today where that guy isn’t available tends to eat my lunch as well. Today’s slate is baffling me a bit which is a sign I should sit it out. But, I won’t and will diminish the bankroll.

Weather is likely to kill me tonight as I won’t be able to make late adjustments. My long shot is Paxton. I like Strasburg at home and think Pineda is filfthy.

• stonejack26

Salazar, good for the K’s regardless, just faced KC in his last start. Love the K potential but im worried he might get chased. KC K’s the least.

• sethnewb

I’m looking at Vargas, he isn’t expensive and has good numbers against Cleveland

• rhsinyc

Carlos Martinez screwed me!!! Also had a mini blue jays stack and that didn’t work out well either. Man, MLB DFS is rough. Cannot wait for NFL.

• TheBaseballMerlin

I think Cashner might be the best play tonight esp with his price point… Milwaukee has Gomez back and is actually hitting better so I don’t put as much stock into their bad start and don’t feel like paying up for Greinke.

I also think Shelby Miller vs PHI and D Smyly @ BOS could be sneaky good tonight. For me though Cashner going up against Vogelsong is the kicker since I love his chances for a win.

• sethnewb

Porcello might do well tonight too

• jfendler

@rhsinyc said...

Carlos Martinez screwed me!!! Also had a mini blue jays stack and that didn’t work out well either. Man, MLB DFS is rough. Cannot wait for NFL.

You screwed you.

C’mon, man. This is an adult game. Taking some responsibility for poor decisions goes a long way towards making you a better DFS player.

• rhsinyc

@jfendler said...

You screwed you.

C’mon, man. This is an adult game. Taking some responsibility for poor decisions goes a long way towards making you a better DFS player.

Oh because Carlos Martinez wasn’t a great play at home VS. the cubs with a great price point. And the blue jays had the highest total of the night with their offense being red hot VS. a sub par pitcher. So sir, re-evaluate your words. It wasn’t poor decisions, it was plays that didn’t pan out and of course that happens.

• ActionJunkie

@rhsinyc said...

Oh because Carlos Martinez wasn’t a great play at home VS. the cubs with a great price point. And the blue jays had the highest total of the night with their offense being red hot VS. a sub par pitcher. So sir, re-evaluate your words. It wasn’t poor decisions, it was plays that didn’t pan out and of course that happens.

People see what they want to see. Martinez still has control issues and the cubs have an offense that is capable of going off. If it walks and talks like a GPP play then… yeah. The blue jays game was highly inflated by the Yankees too and if you look at the total runs projected many were very close to each other so there were options. Also saying it was a sub par pitcher is a huge cop-out… look into the #s.

Point being everyone is right in what they “see” (usually). But those with the incremental success are the real winners.

It’s a grind… people will vent but hopefully still stay mostly on topic :).

• n/a

there’s your problem right there, get your feelings as far away from this as possible pal

• n/a

@bjk121 said...

I think I might stack MIL against Greinke tonight. Just got a feeling that this offense gets rolling.

I know it’s a righty-heavy lineup, but just a gut feeling.

ment to quote this in the above post

• FSG22

@rhsinyc said...

To be fair, the Cubs are better than the past and don’t strike out nearly as much as before. Blue Jays, at home vs. a relatively unknown pitcher to them is sketchy at best. Haven’t faced him much, didn’t know what Whitley brought, and the Blue Jays are playing some bad baseball right now. Have to factor all of that in as well. Martinez is good, but weather is a factor with the wind that was blowing out etc. But… both of you are right? We can go with that!

• NickySats

I think I’m going Salazar and Miller tonight.

• Outlandas

Salazar is tough for me. Think I will go against him. KC if on base should rack up the steals and they don’t K. Don’t think Salazar lasts long even if does pitch well maybe 5 1/3 or something like that. KC should drive his pitch count up quick. I could be wrong but he did nice vs them last time. IDK. Astros have my interest tonite as well as the A’s vs May.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.