• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM EST : SF Giants ( -105 ) at Philadelphia ( -103 ) —- T: 8.5
    7:10 PM EST : NY Mets ( -102 ) at Cincinnati ( -106 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:05 PM EST : Detroit ( -113 ) at Texas ( 104 ) —- T: 9.5
    8:05 PM EST : Miami ( 213 ) at Chi Cubs ( -233 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( 127 ) at St. Louis ( -138 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:05 PM EST : Houston ( -138 ) at Oakland ( 127 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Washington ( -155 ) at San Diego ( 143 ) —- T: 7

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@biga0787 said...

I do agree it’s said a lot. But in a gpp any guy who can hit for power cheap isn’t in play?

I need more to go on than just that. I mean his ISO vs RHP this year is .155 and his ISO vs Fastball 92-94 , Changeup and Slider (this accounts for 77% of pitches from Bailey) is .113 .103 and .149. Not to mention he is buried at 6 or 7 in the order. COULD he hit you a HR? Sure he could. But , the probability is quite low

• Taterchipdip

The Mets are the laughing stock of MLB now. Do a Cincinnati stack and win. Shebler,Votto, heck even Duvall.

• 7klub06

Oakland bats today against a struggling Dallas K

Simple plug in Strasburg today?

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@7klub06 said...

Oakland bats today against a struggling Dallas K

Simple plug in Strasburg today?

You are on the right track

• KindGuy

@madmanjayWV said...

Well, great — somehow this — PJ CONLON METS — was announced a DAY AGO on CBS — but yet FD didn’t bother to get the memo? Draft Kings he’s just $4K — vs. HOMER BAILEY in great amerikan ballpark — what could go wrong?

Fanduel and Yahoo are TERRIBLE at keeping up with the latest roster transactions.

• danehalleen

Speaking of fishy lines, I find it strange that Matt Moore is a slight favorite over Michael Fulmer.

• bucherpsu08

@danehalleen said...

Speaking of fishy lines, I find it strange that Matt Moore is a slight favorite over Michael Fulmer.

Have you seen the recent Tigers lineups?

• Njsum1

@biga0787 said...

I do agree it’s said a lot. But in a gpp any guy who can hit for power cheap isn’t in play?

Play who you want. Variance is huge in baseball. AGon clearly isn’t the same player he used to be, and homer bailey can sometimes surprisingly make his way through an mlb lineup without getting rocked, yet nothing is worse then getting talked off a cheap homer (not Bailey or Simpson, the kind that leaves the yard 😎).

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

Play who you want. Variance is huge in baseball. AGon clearly isn’t the same player he used to be, and homer bailey can sometimes surprisingly make his way through an mlb lineup without getting rocked, yet nothing is worse then getting talked off a cheap homer (not Bailey or Simpson, the kind that leaves the yard 😎).

if you get talked off a guy, were you really ever on him anyway?

• biga0787

Carson Kelly at 2500 take him love him cash lol

• Njsum1

@TnRiddles said...

if you get talked off a guy, were you really ever on him anyway?

Ah one of the great philosophical DFS questions of our time 😁

I do read venting posts quite often about how someone got talked off a play they really liked. While I do agree with your take on AGon, I also do believe in BVP if used correctly. If I make 4 or more lineups I’ll reluctantly throw AGon in 1 and whatever happens happens. He does have 3 homers on the year.

• BellRoto

@biga0787 said...

I think gant will be one of the lowest owned guys. He is a pretty good young talent.

Any concerns about a strict pitch count for Gant? Don’t know much about him and not seeing any thoughts about that anywhere

• r8tr25

I’m not too concerned about a pitch count for Gant since the Cards used 6 relievers for 8.2 innings in the 14 inning game last night.

• monarch

Twins stack should be low owned, especially against salary relief SP2 Gant. They should get to that tired bullpen quickly, which was utilized often this weekend vs the Cubs. I’ll take a few Rosario, Escobar and Kepler homers tonight.

• BellRoto

@r8tr25 said...

I’m not too concerned about a pitch count for Gant since the Cards used 6 relievers for 8.2 innings in the 14 inning game last night.

Could be wrong, but I don’t think a guy’s pitch count is determined by the bullpen’s availability. If it’s a matter of not stretching a young pitcher’s arm too thin, they’ll find someone to pitch. My question is more is he stretched out and are they treating him like a starter.

• TnRiddles

• Blogger of the Month

@BellRoto said...

Could be wrong, but I don’t think a guy’s pitch count is determined by the bullpen’s availability. If it’s a matter of not stretching a young pitcher’s arm too thin, they’ll find someone to pitch. My question is more is he stretched out and are they treating him like a starter.

IMO , the PC is irrelevent….he is 4200 on DK. Just give me 5 decent innings

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

For anyone interested in trying bankroll friendly methods of targeting the DK and FD baseball live finals.

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/shooting-the-moon-qualifying-for-a-live-final-2521086

• yisman

Same with Cespedes as with Miggy.

Leave games early when I have them, then return the next day.

Cespedes in the lineup.

• biga0787

He has started 5 or 6 in triple a this year.

• biga0787

He is 4-0 with a 2.4 era. 1.2 hr/9 6.6k per 9 which is down from around 7. He is at 1.2 hr per 9. He’s pitched 30 innings in 5 starts.

• KindGuy

So I guess the Texas game is the clear favorite in terms of batters to stack? It has by far the most friendly weather on the slate.

• Thomas21

I’m targeting Eflin tonight. He has a 85% contact rate which ranks 11th worst in the MLB, he has a swinging strike rate of 7% which is 17th worst, and he also has a 53% FB rate this year which is the 2nd highest in all of the MLB. Add it all up including him pitching at home now agaisnt 1 of the top 5 hottest offense in the league and the Giants are my #1 stack.

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

Updated to reflect the first wave of official starting lineups:

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/mlb-data-detective-best-hitter-stack-values-may-7-2520410

• yisman

Cubs using nine RHBs against Jarlin

• cheezpizza

@yisman said...

Cubs using nine RHBs against Jarlin

He is bound to realize hes Jarlin Garcia at some point, right?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.