7:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( 105 ) at Miami ( -114 ) —- T: 8
    7:40 PM EST : Boston ( -138 ) at Milwaukee ( 127 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Atlanta ( 179 ) at Houston ( -195 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Minnesota ( -109 ) at Chi Sox ( 101 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:40 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -129 ) at Colorado ( 119 ) —- T: 11
    9:40 PM EST : Detroit ( -103 ) at Arizona ( -105 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:05 PM EST : LA Angels ( 118 ) at Oakland ( -128 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 152 ) at LA Dodgers ( -165 ) —- T: 7

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• yanksfan1

Sano suspended

• jtkucheck

@nickpierce723826 said...

Definitely targeting Twins with Redsox Bats in Milwaukee. I want to play the Rays but when you strikeout 46 times more than anyone else that’s hard to trust. I get it though on paper it looks like a great play.

Sano and Dozier out… who are you targeting exactly? Kepler and Grossman?

• nickpierce723826

We’ll this was before the news. I think Mauer is a sneaky play but kinda changes now with Sano out. Still could be a good one off though for relief.

• KindGuy

OF COURSE two of the biggest gas cans in the Majors face off against each other but aren’t in the main slate.

Lol

• murphstahoe

OK Coors, let’s go

• murphstahoe

Thanks to all the people who threw shade at Arrieta yesterday. He’s heavily owned and sinking.

I started a reliever in the 2nd game with AJ Griffin. Sanzatela looking OK so far but it was worth getting every bat.

• lloydjv1

Arrieta is sinking most everyone’s lineups.

• draped

@elementasrat said...

OF COURSE two of the biggest gas cans in the Majors face off against each other but aren’t in the main slate.

Lol

don’t worry. there are plenty of gas cans in the main slate

• murphstahoe

@draped said...

don’t worry. there are plenty of gas cans in the main slate

You speak the truth

• murphstahoe

@lloydjv1 said...

Arrieta is sinking most everyone’s lineups.

Well, not completely, he ended up with only 2 ERs out of that mess

• lloydjv1

I can only hope the rest of the early pitchers do equally as bad.

• murphstahoe

@lloydjv1 said...

I can only hope the rest of the early pitchers do equally as bad.

Senzatella appears to be trying.

I’m going to feel like the smartest guy on the block if my reliever gets a random 2 K’s and a win in the 2nd game.

• JZ

Who do you guys think will be cash chalk today on DK? I originally thought everyone would pay up for Carrasco and Scherzer, but it leaves a lot less cash for bats in juicy spots. Pomeranz is facing the Brewers who strike out a ton vs lefties but also hit them pretty well. What do you guys think the main chalk combo will be?

• murphstahoe

@JZ said...

Who do you guys think will be cash chalk today on DK? I originally thought everyone would pay up for Carrasco and Scherzer, but it leaves a lot less cash for bats in juicy spots. Pomeranz is facing the Brewers who strike out a ton vs lefties but also hit them pretty well. What do you guys think the main chalk combo will be?

Plenty of cheap bats to take Scherzer, unless you are in love with Coors.

• ATL_Gunner

The Tigers’ wRC+ vLHP is not great at 88. I’m hoping people still think this is the lefty destroying team that the tigers have been in the past.

• draped

@ATL_Gunner said...

The Tigers’ wRC+ vLHP is not great at 88. I’m hoping people still think this is the lefty destroying team that the tigers have been in the past.

idk it kinda looks like they still mash lefties, just maybe more unlucky this year to start. they have ISO .189, BABIP .245, but a wOBA .298 because they don’t walk much. not to mention they have a hard contact rate of 38% and a GB/FB ratio of .75. and they are playing in coors lite tonight. I like other spots more but I don’t see a problem with DET against lefties in general.

• MoMo662

NOW that’s the Jered Weaver we all know and Love!!!

• DontTrustTheProcess

@draped said...

idk it kinda looks like they still mash lefties, just maybe more unlucky this year to start. they have ISO .189, BABIP .245, but a wOBA .298 because they don’t walk much. not to mention they have a hard contact rate of 38% and a GB/FB ratio of .75. and they are playing in coors lite tonight. I like other spots more but I don’t see a problem with DET against lefties in general.

Tigers 2017 vs. Lefties

Upton – .333
    Miggy – .357
    Costellanos – .214
    Tyler Collins .000
    Martinez – .231
    McCann – .200
    Kinsler – .174
    Romine – .235

Doesn’t seem that their mashing lefties at all does it now?

• JZ

@murphstahoe said...

Plenty of cheap bats to take Scherzer, unless you are in love with Coors.

But for DK, what will be the chalk cash SP2?

Usually people rarely play 2 SPs at 10K plus on main slates with attractive bats.

• murphstahoe

@JZ said...

But for DK, what will be the chalk cash SP2?

Usually people rarely play 2 SPs at 10K plus on main slates with attractive bats.

I’m going with Tampa

• draped

@DontTrustTheProcess said...

Tigers 2017 vs. Lefties

Upton – .333
    Miggy – .357
    Costellanos – .214
    Tyler Collins .000
    Martinez – .231
    McCann – .200
    Kinsler – .174
    Romine – .235

Doesn’t seem that their mashing lefties at all does it now?

given the stats I gave yes it I do believe it does. I don’t know what u just listed but if its BA, then I couldnt care less.

• goleafsgo14

for cash should I go scherz/crasco and value bats or scherz/Morton and go with big bats? this is the question I always fight with in cash

• DontTrustTheProcess

@draped said...

given the stats I gave yes it I do believe it does. I don’t know what u just listed but if its BA, then I could care less.

This is Batting Average. Why could you not care less about batting average? If they don’t hit the ball you got ZERO points. WHat am I missing here?

• draped

@DontTrustTheProcess said...

This is Batting Average. Why could you not care less about batting average? If they don’t hit the ball you got ZERO points. WHat am I missing here?

because BA has very little predictive value by itself. it is a descriptive statistic, that takes into account very little context relative to other statistics.

• Nygrad2012

@draped said...

because BA has very little predictive value by itself. it is a descriptive statistic, that takes into account very little context relative to other statistics.

This. Batting average does not hold much merit in the DFS community. You want more detailed stats that take specific circumstances and situations into consideration. It’s literally the same with picthers and ERA. ERA and BA does not tell the whole story…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).