2:20 PM EST : Miami ( 181 ) at Chi Cubs ( -197 ) —- T: —
    3:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( 139 ) at Colorado ( -151 ) —- T: 10.5
    3:37 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 138 ) at Oakland ( -150 ) —- T: 9
    6:35 PM EST : Seattle ( 145 ) at NY Yankees ( -158 ) —- T: 9
    7:45 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 123 ) at St. Louis ( -133 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Texas ( 143 ) at Houston ( -155 ) —- T: 9
    9:40 PM EST : Atlanta ( -114 ) at Arizona ( 106 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Washington ( 137 ) at LA Dodgers ( -149 ) —- T: 7

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mbunner23

Looks like I’m gonna take a chance on Freeland.

• rvnfn77

Board is so dead today with early games to come soon. I’m liking a Cle stack along with prolly everyone else. SP2 is where I’m struggling to figure out on the early slate.

• mbunner23

@rvnfn77 said...

Board is so dead today with early games to come soon. I’m liking a Cle stack along with prolly everyone else. SP2 is where I’m struggling to figure out on the early slate.

Carrasco and Bassitt leaves very little for hitters. I’m thinking Freeland at SP2. Still don’t know about SP1

• Tsrobertson

Snowed last night in Denver and forecast is high of 40 and more rain/snow this afternoon. I don’t think it goes in Denver.

• kwest

A little bit of sun just popped out here in Denver but still flurries. Crazy spring weather

• kwest

The wind in Cle has me rethinking Carrasco

• rvnfn77

Might take a chance on Darvish but kinda scary the way he has been.

• rvnfn77

@mbunner23 said...

Looks like I’m gonna take a chance on Freeland.

I like Freeland but the weather scares me.

• CJtheGrump

@rvnfn77 said...

I just saw that Miami rolled out a mostly-righty lineup. Has Darvish been showing reverse-splits this season?

• kwest

@rvnfn77 said...

FWIW Granderson not in lineup

• DaBum2012

• 2018 FanDuel WFBC Finalist

@rvnfn77 said...

I’m in Cleveland and live down the street from the ballpark. I’m kinda hesitant doing a Cleveland stack because every time they play the Sox, it’s always a low scoring game. Hell, 2 days ago Cleveland couldn’t hit anything with a pitcher with an 8.00+ ERA, lol! They turn around and slaughter Bauer on the mound, lol! Lost money big time hoping the Indians would win with that kind of crappy pitcher throwing at them. How do you not hit home runs with a Sox pitcher that has an 8.00+ era? Only in Cleveland.

• rvnfn77

@CJtheGrump said...

I just saw that Miami rolled out a mostly-righty lineup. Has Darvish been showing reverse-splits this season?

Not a real big difference but a little bit that I see.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

On DK I’m looking heavily at Carrasco (most upside by far, but his tendency to get blown up and the wind as previously mentioned and rain delay chances, combined with the chalkiness does make me concerned with going overboard), Bassitt, Pena, and both COL pitchers considering the weather I think are worth a look. Holland is underrated as a perceived gas can and if the weather can keep the ball in the park I think he’ll be fine. I have no issues fading Darvish.

Cubs are by far my favorite stack. Shouldn’t be a surprise. Then the Tribe, A’s, and Angels in that order. I won’t be loading up on Marlins stacks, but 1 or 2 here and there for salary savings makes a ton of sense to me along with VanMeter. Probably going to work in a hedge Sox stack or two off the Carrasco exposure.

• rvnfn77

@DaBum2012 said...

I’m in Cleveland and live down the street from the ballpark. I’m kinda hesitant doing a Cleveland stack because every time they play the Sox, it’s always a lie scoring game. Hell, 2 days ago Cleveland couldn’t hit anything with a pitcher with an 8.00+ ERA, lol! They turn around and slaughter Bauer on the mound, lol! Lost money big time hoping the Indians would win with that kind of crappy pitcher throwing at them. How do you not kit home runs with a Sox pitcher that has an 8.00+ era? Only in Cleveland.

I agree but I do think they roll today but prolly chalk so maybe I need to rethink that.

• monarch

I like some of the Marlins…mainly Anderson and Castro at 3rd and 5th and costing nothing in order to get full Cubs plus Carrasco.

Freeland and Pena are perfectly fine options as long as Coors plays.

• DaBum2012

@Pandamonious said...

On DK I’m looking heavily at Carrasco (most upside by far, but his tendency to get blown up and the wind as previously mentioned and rain delay chances, combined with the chalkiness does make me concerned with going overboard), Bassitt, Pena, and both COL pitchers considering the weather I think are worth a look. Holland is underrated as a perceived gas can and if the weather can keep the ball in the park I think he’ll be fine. I have no issues fading Darvish.

Cubs are by far my favorite stack. Shouldn’t be a surprise. Then the Tribe, A’s, and Angels in that order. I won’t be loading up on Marlins stacks, but 1 or 2 here and there for salary savings makes a ton of sense to me along with VanMeter. Probably going to work in a hedge Sox stack or two off the Carrasco exposure.

It might get delayed because I’m starting to get thunderstorm alerts on my iPhone, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it does get rained out.

• Roma315

@DaBum2012 said...

It might get delayed because I’m starting to get thunderstorm alerts on my iPhone, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it does get rained out.

Which game

• TheDataDetective

• Blogger of the Month

Updated…I replaced my Miami punt stack with an Angels stack:

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/mlb-data-detective-best-player-values-may-9-early-slate-3025395

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

@Roma315 said...

Which game

Cleveland. Rain is headed that way. It’s just a matter of how quickly it gets there. Looking like it’ll be a couple hours after first pitch.

• Roma315

@Pandamonious said...

Cleveland. Rain is headed that way. It’s just a matter of how quickly it gets there. Looking like it’ll be a couple hours after first pitch.

Damn. Is Carrasco out for cash Games?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

@Roma315 said...

Damn. Is Carrasco out for cash Games?

If it was me I’d still use him. If he’s mowing the Sox down, unless the Tribe are collecting long innings of offense repeatedly then he should still get about 6 innings of work in before the rain comes, if it does.

• keephustlincuz

@Pandamonious said...

If it was me I’d still use him. If he’s mowing the Sox down, unless the Tribe are collecting long innings of offense repeatedly then he should still get about 6 innings of work in before the rain comes, if it does.

I’m kind of hoping they delay the game until that line of storms go by.

• kwest

Looking better in Denver. Flurries have stopped.

• DaBum2012

@Roma315 said...

Which game

The Indians vs Sox

• JaBr

LAA/DET delay?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler