5:40 PM EST : Oakland ( 100 ) at Tampa Bay ( -108 ) —- T: 8
    6:00 PM EST : NY Mets ( 0 ) at Atlanta ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:15 PM EST : Baltimore ( 182 ) at NY Yankees ( -199 ) —- T: 9
    7:15 PM EST : Chi Sox ( 204 ) at Cleveland ( -223 ) —- T: 9.5
    7:15 PM EST : Detroit ( 175 ) at Boston ( -191 ) —- T: 9
    10:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( 220 ) at LA Dodgers ( -241 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 142 ) at Arizona ( -154 ) —- T: 9.5
    10:10 PM EST : Toronto ( -116 ) at Seattle ( 107 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• feekdogg

Something to file away: Ervin Santana has lost 3 games this year. In the starts following each loss, he has a combined line of 25 innings pitched, 8 hits allowed and no earned runs.

• gaelicgirl

There’s that McCann homer, right on time. Surprised he was only ~ 25% owned on FD.

• ASalvaro

Lol Mccann’s NINTH career Homer off Nolasco

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

knew mccann was the play just could not afford him since i had to have rizzo and arenado/bryant

puke

• Sportsfan12

Gardner judge holliday hicks how are you guys ranking them today?

• gaelicgirl

The guy that writes the 10 Definitely Interesting Notes called it. Too bad he doesn’t write the Grind Down, too.

9. There’s BvP, and then there’s “(player-popup)Brian McCann”:/players/brian-mccann-10264’s numbers against Ricky Nolasco. In 71 career at-bats, McCann is slashing .338/.351/.746 (1.098 OPS), including 13 extra-base hits and eight home runs. Likely hitting out of the five spot in an Astros lineup with one of the highest implied totals of the day (5.10 runs), McCann is a plug-and-play at the catcher position.

• Lathum

@Lathum said...

yup, will probably be 3-1

about right

• ASalvaro

That’s why it pays to go here to check on stats like that
    http://dailybaseballdata.com/cgi-bin/dailyhit.pl

• ASalvaro

@walkoff9 said...

knew mccann was the play just could not afford him since i had to have rizzo and arenado/bryant

puke

I’m a lifetime Cub fan and watch every day…The magic is gone this year..I fade them just about every day…Their hitting with runners in scoring position is terrible

• firemedicpat

@ASalvaro said...

That’s why it pays to go here to check on stats like that
    http://dailybaseballdata.com/cgi-bin/dailyhit.pl

BvP overrated

• ASalvaro

@firemedicpat said...

BvP overrated

Yes it usually is but once in awhile there’s a standout stat like with Mccann

• eatmyturf23

Dammit KC, bases loaded againat the bullpen-turned-starter, and you couldn’t get ANYTHING against the reliever who relieved the reliever-turned-starter?? Bonifacio and Cain I’m looking at you. That was pathetic, especially the soft, limp hit into a double play Cain. Fark.

• gaelicgirl

And Nolan Arenado redeems himself. Nice.

• ASalvaro

Lol I knew he would hit McCann

• monaco712

Cubs are now at least a short term fade there is something not right wit this team.

• firemedicpat

@monaco712 said...

Cubs are now at least a short term fade there is something not right wit this team.

They are a cocky team with limited talent and no pitching. Totally hyped after an up year. Look at fat boy Schwarber when he strikes out. Looking to the mound like he was a good hitter once or something. Pick Wrigley for the teams they play against, not them.

• RobertoTomba

This is going to sound idiotic, and/or that I’m just a deluded fan, but take a look:

J.D. Martinez – batting .615 against lefties
    Victor Martinez – batting .333 against lefties; career .429 against Sale (4 HRs in 49 ABs)
    Jose Iglesias – batting .310 against lefties; career .310 against Sale (29 ABs)
    Mikie Mahtook – career .333 against Sale (9 ABs)

It’s salary relief, too, if they don’t get a hit. But, it could be…

• KindGuy

Who wants to stake your boy tonight?

• tklonewolf

V-Mart is a total BvP gut play in a few of mine. And I never use that stat, but man…
    My gut says play him. At that price.

• mrmogz

@superjon said...

I guess I’ll take the under with the Rockies winning 10-1

Damn close call on the score!

• mrmogz

@elementasrat said...

Who wants to stake your boy tonight?

Lol, you’re still around bumming money? What “crazy sick new unheard of guaranteed winning strategy” do you have tonight?!

• KindGuy

@mrmogz said...

Lol, you’re still around bumming money? What “crazy sick new unheard of guaranteed winning strategy” do you have tonight?!

Nice to see you again Mogz

I’ve been really good at picking pitchers recently aside from Peacock last night.

Now new strategy.

• murphstahoe

• firemedicpat

ROYALS STACK. THANK YOU CAIN!

• RobertoTomba

@tklonewolf said...

V-Mart is a total BvP gut play in a few of mine. And I never use that stat, but man…
    My gut says play him. At that price.

Victor opens the game with a hit! See…I wasn’t totally crazy.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).