7:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( +143 ) at NY Mets ( -155 ) —- T: 7.0
    7:10 PM EST : San Diego ( -113 ) at Atlanta ( +104 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( +100 ) at Tampa Bay ( -108 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : Seattle ( +129 ) at Cleveland ( -140 ) —- T: 8.0
    8:10 PM EST : Houston ( +112 ) at Chi Sox ( -121 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Kansas City ( -107 ) at Minnesota ( -101 ) —- T: 8.0
    10:05 PM EST : Texas ( +139 ) at Oakland ( -151 ) —- T: 7.0
    10:10 PM EST : Arizona ( +164 ) at LA Dodgers ( -178 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• ElSlappo

Pitching on the early DK slate – I think I may just draw names out of a hat. Was kind of liking Sanchez but then he got skipped.

The HOU rookie would seem to be a good GPP gamble vs the ChiSox on the night slate. Pair him with Harvey and load up on hitters. Wish I had two 1B slots so I could start both Rizzo and Goldy.

Sporer report has Harvey on the potential landmine list but also is the #7 top start of the week.

• rookm16

Thoughts on Quintana vs. Hou? Another lefty against swing and miss Stros could possibly have a big night. Not sure its a safe cash play but very good GPP. What are the safest cash game plays tonight, Harvey and Ross? Ross seems ok against the Braves but Harvey against the Giants scares me.

• tin8shusd

@ElSlappo said...

Pitching on the early DK slate – I think I may just draw names out of a hat. Was kind of liking Sanchez but then he got skipped.

The HOU rookie would seem to be a good GPP gamble vs the ChiSox on the night slate. Pair him with Harvey and load up on hitters. Wish I had two 1B slots so I could start both Rizzo and Goldy.

Sporer report has Harvey on the potential landmine list but also is the #7 top start of the week.

The early slate is tough – so far on my single-entry DK GPP I’m using Bettis and CMart and Tulo is my only Coors hitter. I figure it’ll either finish close to last or close to first, let’s roll with it.

• maxeernst

lol at the early slate pitching. yuck. May punt zeroes with relievers. actually though.

• ayudame

@maxeernst said...

lol at the early slate pitching. yuck. May punt zeroes with relievers. actually though.

Chapman?? may put up more than all the pitchers on the slate today lol. This is ugly… wow.

• ayudame

Could Bettis actually be a really good GPP play? Any upside if he holds under 3 ER ?

• Wrightime

Idk why the rockies game isnt included in early slate on fd..

• Krnich

@Wrightime said...

I like it better this way, don’t have to worry about coors.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

@Krnich said...

I like it better this way, don’t have to worry about coors.

Agree 100%!!
    I’m excited to fill out lineups tonight and not be forced into playing guys from Coors.

• scottmsteiner

@rookm16 said...

Thoughts on Quintana vs. Hou? Another lefty against swing and miss Stros could possibly have a big night. Not sure its a safe cash play but very good GPP.

I think it’s definitely a GPP only play.

I was listening to Jeff Mans on his SiriusXM show and he was talking about teams that start LH pitchers back-to-back against the same team. He believes that doing so allows the opposing team to get in a groove, especially when the second pitcher has a decreased velocity.

This will be the third lefty (Sale, Rodon, Quintana) that the White Sox will start against Houston…with the avg velocity decreasing from each starter.

• ElSlappo

I also like Hahn, Bauer, even a little Erasmo on the night slate (GPP), wish I could transport of a few of these matchups to the day slate.

MLB has been owning me the last week or so, need to get off the schneid today.

• bjk121

Surprised to see Velasquez priced so highly. 8100 on FD

• Cconn026

@Wrightime said...

Because people have complained a ton on this very forum about not wanted to play slates without having all lineups. Some people have even gone so far as to boycott the full slate on Sunday and strongly request an early only Sunday slate on FD.

• ayudame

@Cconn026 said...

Because people have complained a ton on this very forum about not wanted to play slates without having all lineups. Some people have even gone so far as to boycott the full slate on Sunday and strongly request an early only Sunday slate on FD.

I think FD is losing people on the early slates due to rostering players in the 3-4pm games only to see their players are not starting… yes it’s an added strategy to predict the starters or fade the game… but can be unlucky at times.

• Wrightime

@Cconn026 said...

Thanks didnt know that

• salarycapfantasy

@maxeernst said...

I have won several times with relievers. Look for a long reliever that can get strike outs. They might end up with the win. I have hit 10 and 12 points with relievers before.

• silverblazer36

Rostered Gio and Martinez for DK early slate because of strikeout potential.

Nats stack anyone?

• ayudame

@silverblazer36 said...

Nats stack anyone?

I’m on the Nats and hoping Zimmerman will be low owned and have a big day… got TOR and COL stacks too.. going against the grain and hoping Martinez faulters and is highly owned.

• 08Gary08

I want S. Copeland! Please add him DK!!

• ayudame

@08Gary08 said...

I want S. Copeland! Please add him DK!!

I would have liked him to be listed today too.. just to throw out another pitcher into the mix.. and he woulda be a solid GPP play as a dart.

• Flopps15

Anyone concerned with the weather AGAIN at Coors. There is no other game around that to switch players out.

• reugene81

Early slate is tough… I think Toronto and cincy are good stacks, one day I have to actually punt on pitching

• maxeernst

I guess Martinez at coors isn’t so bad because he has good K numbers…

Moscot? :-/ I guessssss

• 08Gary08

who to take!! Bettis and Geo or Eovaldi and Martinez!!! ????

• CoachMouse

How many LU’s are too many today?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler