7:05 PM EST : Boston ( -117 ) at Baltimore ( 108 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : SF Giants ( -180 ) at Miami ( 165 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : Toronto ( -104 ) at Tampa Bay ( -104 ) —- T: 8
    8:10 PM EST : Cleveland ( -211 ) at Chi Sox ( 193 ) —- T: 9
    8:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -123 ) at Milwaukee ( 114 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:15 PM EST : San Diego ( 170 ) at St. Louis ( -185 ) —- T: 8
    9:40 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 134 ) at Arizona ( -145 ) —- T: 8
    10:10 PM EST : LA Angels ( -116 ) at Seattle ( 107 ) —- T: 8

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• superjon

Pitcher – Carrasco

Bats – Cleveland, Boston, Milwaukee

• noddy

I don’t trust any pitchers tonight especially Bum

• Ndepompei

I don’t think I’m going to go for any of the top pitchers looking at flaherty/quintana as of now

• noddy

Flaherty and Gaviglio right now but that could change.

• nizzle365

Sorry a little off topic but is anyone part of any daily MLB leagues with a cheap entry fee in DK (like $1). Would love an invite. Thanks.

Username: nizzle365

• jkeys1313

If you had to pick a 3B/SS combo of Jose Ramirez / Brandon Crawford or Matt Carpenter / Francisco Lindor which would you take? Cash game consideration (if any of you have a compelling argument for Carpenter/Crawford with a Tribe fade please chime in also). Thx.

• srcripps

• x5

Blogger of the Month

@jkeys1313 said...

If you had to pick a 3B/SS combo of Jose Ramirez / Brandon Crawford or Matt Carpenter / Francisco Lindor which would you take? Cash game consideration (if any of you have a compelling argument for Carpenter/Crawford with a Tribe fade please chime in also). Thx.

I’m thinking Crawford won’t see the field tonight with a lefty on the mound, so I’d go Carpenter/Lindor.

• jman3034

@srcripps said...

I’m thinking Crawford won’t see the field tonight with a lefty on the mound, so I’d go Carpenter/Lindor.

Ehh idk Crawford has been hitting lefties pretty solid this year. .923 OPS according to the grind down and he batted .412 in May. He might break the lineup

But I do like Carpenter and Lindor better.

• Panther85

Question for you guys…… I won entry into a $150 tournament for tomorrow on Fan Duel. Will that free entry just show up tomorrow?

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@jkeys1313 said...

I’d go Carp/Lindor as both should be leading off, although Lindor didn’t yesterday. Crawford will probably be batting 6th. In cash games I’d think those 2 will also be higher owned, which will give you a bit of a safety net if they don’t come through. I also have no compelling argument for a Tribe fade in cash games.

• Scottjmark

Giving Wright another shot tonight. Made me some money last time. Load up with Indian and Angel bats.

• Jeddy3

It feels dirty, but I’m looking at an O’s stack. Should be lower owned and they have a very good history against the knuckle. I also think Wright might be kinda of popular as an sp2 tonight.

• lindsay

Anyone use plateiq premium? How valuable has that rating/ranking been for finding homeruns?

• lindsay

@Jeddy3 said...

It feels dirty, but I’m looking at an O’s stack. Should be lower owned and they have a very good history against the knuckle. I also think Wright might be kinda of popular as an sp2 tonight.

Machado and Schoop look decent. Not sure about the others.

• Scottjmark

Where did you come up with that? Tonight’s lineup for Baltimore hits knuckleballers well? I’ll play you h2h with wright as my starter.

• mike42

@Pandamonious said...

I’d go Carp/Lindor as both should be leading off, although Lindor didn’t yesterday. Crawford will probably be batting 6th. In cash games I’d think those 2 will also be higher owned, which will give you a bit of a safety net if they don’t come through. I also have no compelling argument for a Tribe fade in cash games.

This is not a compelling reason to fade the Indians, but something to think about. I’m from Chicago and the sox are my team, they are playing their best baseball of the season, no doubt. Announcers talked about it yesterday, all the sudden a crappy bullpen looks good and guys are making plays on D, that sort of thing. They are still not good by any stretch, but trends are your friend in sports, especially baseball and they have been on a positive one. Think public perception is prolly lagging on the simple fact they are playing like a decent team lately rather than the worse one in baseball. The bullpen for one was lights out at fenway this weekend as opposed to pretty much the opposite all year.

• Luctyl99

There’s like 4 guys on the O’s that have a combined 9 homers against wright. They do not have very good averages but if they decide to start destroying homeruns like they have then it is a good stack

• madmanjayWV

@Panther85 said...

Question for you guys…… I won entry into a $150 tournament for tomorrow on Fan Duel. Will that free entry just show up tomorrow?

Keep an eye on your email, but I’d think it would POP up near your username in the notification area…..

8 hours ago i decided Carrasco and O’s stack —- that’s not going to turn out well…prolly should make a 2nd LU

I can’t pitch Stevie Wright @Camden Yards…I almost went with Bundy…The Orioles have just been utter trash. Smart $$$ is prolly on Wright having a QS, but I’ll wait for some Crush Davis and Sisco dongs.

• Jvanspro

@mike42 said...

This is not a compelling reason to fade the Indians, but something to think about. I’m from Chicago and the sox are my team, they are playing their best baseball of the season, no doubt. Announcers talked about it yesterday, all the sudden a crappy bullpen looks good and guys are making plays on D, that sort of thing. They are still not good by any stretch, but trends are your friend in sports, especially baseball and they have been on a positive one. Think public perception is prolly lagging on the simple fact they are playing like a decent team lately rather than the worse one in baseball. The bullpen for one was lights out at fenway this weekend as opposed to pretty much the opposite all year.

They sure looked alive against Berrios the other day. Giolito has also been dreadful this season.

• jtkucheck

@srcripps said...

Giants do not have this kind of depth. Also, Crawford is needed for his defense, hit a bomb off of Max Scherzer yesterday, hits LHP just fine, and I doubt WYC makes it through the lineup more than twice. Would be silly to sit Crawford for anything other than a normal maintenance/rest day.

• noddy

I would be shocked if Crawford sits tonight. That’s just silly.

• jayzee666

@lindsay said...

Anyone use plateiq premium? How valuable has that rating/ranking been for finding homeruns?

It usually shows the obvious players as having high PlateIQ. Today Indians/Cards//Boston top the list. The pros analysis pretty much does the same and gives multiple picks at each position. Helpful information but not guaranteed. Has helped me the past few weeks but I am still able to cool down many of the picks on the list! Don’t believe it is enough to get you over the hump. Don’t know if it is really worth the $$$ based on the crapshoot that DFS is.

• KindGuy

Wow, Ohtani done for the season. UCL.

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

@lindsay said...

As pretty much any tool is, it’s the way you implement it in your research. I’ve had my best MLB season ever so far, and I’ve been pretty profitable at DFS over the past 3 years. Plate IQ and LineupHQ are pretty much the go to tools for me at this point. Even if I didn’t work for RG, I would 100% be using them.

With that said, neither are magical and will not just produce winning lineups. They just help the overall process each person has.

• mike42

@Jvanspro said...

They sure looked alive against Berrios the other day. Giolito has also been dreadful this season.

They haven’t been hitting, it’s been with pitching. How much money did people lose on Bos stacks this weekend? They gave up 6 runs @ Bos over 3 games, they could give up 10 tonight, just a little less likely than it was a month ago because their pitching is showing signs of life. The team is loaded with young players and they play in the crappiest division in baseball. I think they play a lot closer to 500 ball the rest of the way.

Either that weekend in Bos was an anomaly or a young team starting to turn the corner, my best guess is the latter but I’m not sold, just thought it was noteworthy.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).