7:05 PM EST : Arizona ( 137 ) at Philadelphia ( -149 ) —- T: 9
    7:05 PM EST : Toronto ( -104 ) at Baltimore ( -104 ) —- T: 11
    7:10 PM EST : St. Louis ( -152 ) at Miami ( 140 ) —- T: 8
    7:20 PM EST : Pittsburgh ( 0 ) at Atlanta ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:10 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 110 ) at Houston ( -119 ) —- T: 7.5
    8:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 194 ) at Minnesota ( -212 ) —- T: 9
    8:15 PM EST : Detroit ( 134 ) at Kansas City ( -145 ) —- T: 9
    9:45 PM EST : San Diego ( -120 ) at SF Giants ( 111 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• zline34

Veteran Hitter always trumps Veteran Pitcher. See Braun. Young hitter trumps younger pitcher. Young pitcher trumps veteran hitter. Veteran pitcher trumps young hitter.

• ElwoodB

What is the sound of one hand clapping?

• Sportsfan100

@am03wins said...

First pitch is in 10 minutes

Thank you! I hate to lose by doing something careless like that. I much prefer to lose because I made a really bad lineup lol

• ElwoodB

Mancini is the GOAT. Verlander is toast!

• blabbles

How could that possibly have been the first grand slam the O’s allowed this year? You would think that out of the 2,562 hoers they’ve allowed thus far at least one woulda been with the bases loaded!

• ElwoodB

I will never stack those loser Phillies again.

• ejamiec

Phillies and cards what a letdown

• jsteele1020

Honestly, instead of reading the touts I should just ask my wife who to start. Everything I saw today feels like I should have done the opposite. Ugh.

• jsteele1020

@ejamiec said...

Way to go Mikolas, getting slapped around by the Marlins lol.

• ASitar

No wonder Shaw was $2,300? What happened to THAT guy?

• jsteele1020

BigT called Milone today. Predicted 10ks and a CGSO. Halfway there.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

@ejamiec said...

Twins following suit

• jsteele1020

@Unico10 said...

Twins following suit

Stacked them everywhere ugh

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Needed a Polanco bomb… wtf Kepler… my best lineup is at 155 with one AB from Polanco, Marwin and Sisco

• captainwacky

I get to cry in my soup tonight. On FD the 4 man stack I ran for marlins was 2345… If I just run 1234 I’d have 1st, 2nd, 7th, 9th currently in the $5.55.

• Jase32

I would like to know how people win at DFS? I mean, do they really have to set so many lineups to maximize a profit? The expert sites I went on today was all about stacking the Twins and Orioles(which did work), playing Kolton Wong and Mikolas, Arizona lefties. The only thing that was right was Verlander and Woodruff.

I went on advice sites because I was not able to be home in time for the shows and I don’t have time for four hours of research daily. I was doing Plate IQ research and I didn’t feel it gave enough for me. I commute 50 mins to my gym and more back because of stops so too much time on research gets in the way.

• Olhausen

Draft kings Pricing of Matt Strahm @ Colorado tomorrow is 9,200$? Also he’s coming off the IL and he’s a lefty. They had to have made a mistake thinking this game was at Petco instead of coors. And even if it was it’s still to expensive.

• captainwacky

@Jase32 said...

I would like to know how people win at DFS? I mean, do they really have to set so many lineups to maximize a profit? The expert sites I went on today was all about stacking the Twins and Orioles(which did work), playing Kolton Wong and Mikolas, Arizona lefties. The only thing that was right was Verlander and Woodruff.

I went on advice sites because I was not able to be home in time for the shows and I don’t have time for four hours of research daily. I was doing Plate IQ research and I didn’t feel it gave enough for me. I commute 50 mins to my gym and more back because of stops so too much time on research gets in the way.

I’ll try and be as brief as possible (not to mention approach this with the understanding that I’m decent, but not great at DFS yet):

1) You’re going to have to do the work yourself at some point; DFS is a zero sum game and in tournaments especially, the average player has a ton of information in this day and age. Any tout site you read, even fish are reading.

2) Given this, you’re going to have to play vs the human environmental element of DFS, not just what you think might go right. If everything played out as it should, the chalk would crush every day, and in a high variance sport like baseball, you should utilize the opposite to your advantage.

3) This one is not fun, but at this point in a sport season (40 percent through baseball or whatever), you should know a ton about whatever sport it is you’re playing if your goal is to be highly profitable.

4) If you are playing for fun or recreation, you have to understand that’s where your priority lands. If part of the fun and recreation is being a consistent winner, there’s a barrier to entry, and it’s usually time and dedication.

But either way, DFS is consistently brutal whether you’re a full time pro or play once a month; part of gambling successfully is also mental resilience towards bad beats.

• jayzee666

@Jase32 said...

The only thing you need to know is find out who I pick, fade them, fade them, and then look again to make sure they aren’t in your lineups.
    You think Papagates and the top players really use stats?? NO!! They call me, wire my PAYPAL account, and I give them my plays. They keep them out of their LUs and cssh, cash, cash!!

My Number is 1-800-REAPER

• cjs5555

@captainwacky said...

4) If you are playing for fun or recreation, you have to understand that’s where your priority lands. If part of the fun and recreation is being a consistent winner, there’s a barrier to entry, and it’s usually time and dedication.

But either way, DFS is consistently brutal whether you’re a full time pro or play once a month; part of gambling successfully is also mental resilience towards bad beats.

I really like this response; well put.

• cjs5555

@Jase32 said...

I would like to know how people win at DFS?

some things you need to get familiar with to have a chance:

- wOBA, wRC+, K%, splits (home/road, lefty/righty), launch angle (GB/FB splits), ballpark factors, weather factors.

And the list goes on and on….those above are in addition to things like ISO, SIERA, FIP/xFIP, etc.

• captainwacky

and sometimes you get to celebrate cool things, like when you play Byron Buxton every day and he keeps your night profitable despite my earlier complaint!

• jayzee666

@captainwacky said...

and sometimes you get to celebrate cool things, like when you play Byron Buxton every day and he keeps your night profitable despite my earlier complaint!

Don’t do this tomorrow. I am going back to Twins stacking from here on out. I lost my way. The REAPER pointed me in the wrong direction. Need to stick with a team and make the REAPER beat them every day.

• zline34

@jayzee666 said...

Don’t do this tomorrow. I am going back to Twins stacking from here on out. I lost my way. The REAPER pointed me in the wrong direction. Need to stick with a team and make the REAPER beat them every day.

Buxton salvaged my night somewhat. Thanks for the heads up Jay!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.