7:10 PM EST : Oakland ( 110 ) at Miami ( -119 ) —- T: 9
    7:10 PM EST : LA Dodgers ( -165 ) at Cleveland ( 152 ) —- T: 7.5
    7:10 PM EST : Chi Cubs ( -122 ) at NY Mets ( 113 ) —- T: 8.5
    8:10 PM EST : Baltimore ( -105 ) at Chi Sox ( -103 ) —- T: 10.5
    8:10 PM EST : Seattle ( 101 ) at Minnesota ( -109 ) —- T: 10
    10:07 PM EST : NY Yankees ( -124 ) at LA Angels ( 115 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:10 PM EST : Cincinnati ( -112 ) at San Diego ( 104 ) —- T: 8.5
    10:15 PM EST : Kansas City ( 104 ) at SF Giants ( -113 ) —- T: 7.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – MLB strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays MLB thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• DFSchat

@Jvanspro said...

If you’re a BVP truther, which I am not.

Sorry to hear. Stats in general aren’t very reliable, but if you can’t trust BvP, what can you trust?

• kdubs81

Is it crazy to like Chatwood in Arcade mode tonight?

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@kdubs81 said...

Is it crazy to like Chatwood in Arcade mode tonight?

Looks like he’s going to be my go to there. I’ll throw in a Farmer and Estrada lineup as well.

• Jvanspro

@DFSchat said...

Sorry to hear. Stats in general aren’t very reliable, but if you can’t trust BvP, what can you trust?

I tend to disagree. I think stats are very reliable when you have a sample size. BVP just doesn’t have a sample size I’m comfortable with. In the sheet I put together I use all the normal stats. The difference is I’m combining last year and this year to generate a decent sample size. For example.. Once of the top plays of the day for me is Betts. He has 820 At bats against RHP and Kyle Seager has 630. In BVP you’re lucky to find 20 which in my opinion is way to small.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

Didn’t Brad Peacock just pitch on Friday?

• achubs

He did but only 3 innings

• KindGuy

@walkoff9 said...

Didn’t Brad Peacock just pitch on Friday?

He’s listed as a probable on the MLB at bat APP

• DFSchat

@Jvanspro said...

I tend to disagree. I think stats are very reliable when you have a sample size. BVP just doesn’t have a sample size I’m comfortable with. In the sheet I put together I use all the normal stats. The difference is I’m combining last year and this year to generate a decent sample size. For example.. Once of the top plays of the day for me is Betts. He has 820 At bats against RHP and Kyle Seager has 630. In BVP you’re lucky to find 20 which in my opinion is way to small.

I’ll take a sample of 20 when it’s from the same pitcher/windup/release point over a sample of 700 from 40 different pitchers/wind ups/release points.

Obviously small sample sizes can be misleading, but if I face kershaw 4 times I’m going 0-4 with 4 K’s.

If Trout faces me, he’s not going to strike out, and is going to get 2-4 hits.

This example is extreme, but it’ll make you think..

BvP is real.

• dttb24

Zunino and Judge have been hot as of late will continue to ride them mix in some of the Nats LH with wind blowing out to right a little

Feel like there is good pitching in the mid range to pay up for hitting tonight.

• scsa1998

I feel like my lineup is way too chalky. Wondering if I should just enter cash games tonight.

• ElSlappo

I made a Peacock Blach lineup that I liked, I hope it doesn’t prevent me from getting laid.

wa-waaaaahhh

• RobertoTomba

7 teams have an implied total of over 5 runs tonight, and 2 (Red Sox and Nationals) are almost 6. I expect to get excited by all the scoring, only to find that there are people ahead of me scoring even more. In other words, another night of MLB DFS.

• bigdaddies

Cole-pitcher a good play in arcade? to get bats?

• hcassidy

@achubs said...

He did but only 3 innings

3 innings of complete disaster!

• Dirt_Lavert

@bigdaddies said...

Cole-pitcher a good play in arcade? to get bats?

Cole has been bad. And bad against lefties.

Cargo 3300, how chalky will he be even as a one off? lol

• RobertoTomba

No matter how I try, I keep going back to Buck Futter (Whoever it was who put that idea in my head, thanks…I think!) Only $6700 (FD) and off to a great start, and playing in a steam bath in Comerica tonight. Yeah, yeah, yeah…Arizona has a great offense. But, taking chances is part of what makes DFS fun/infuriating.

• Dirt_Lavert

Might be looking for a h2h on dk if any mid tier players want to make some money. I have 2 stripes as of the other day on DK because I have now played 1000 contests. Would be looking for somebody around that range to play.

I can count my QA max failed on MLB for something! hahaha.

• Dirt_Lavert

@RobertoTomba said...

No matter how I try, I keep going back to Buck Futter (Whoever it was who put that idea in my head, thanks…I think!) Only $6700 (FD) and off to a great start, and playing in a steam bath in Comerica tonight. Yeah, yeah, yeah…Arizona has a great offense. But, taking chances is part of what makes DFS fun/infuriating.

I’ll beat asrat in to tell you that AZ is pretty weak on the road. I’d like a higher line for Grienke but man, vegas clearly doesn’t know what to do. Started as a pick em, know AZ are favorites by a bit.

• Dirt_Lavert

Man it kills me when stevietpfl says Andrew Benedini instead of Benentendi hahahahah

• mbunner23

Think I can get by with CC as one of my cash game pitchers?

• RobertoTomba

@mbunner23 said...

Think I can get by with CC as one of my cash game pitchers?

Every time I pick him, he kills me. Every time I pick against him, he kills me. I think he doesn’t like me. Like I suggested to someone on the first page, Estrada is about the same price on FanDuel, and is projected to be one of the top pitchers tonight.

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Cole has been bad. And bad against lefties.

Cargo 3300, how chalky will he be even as a one off? lol

I dont think he will be popular at all. 14 game slate with tona of high totals.

I like the Blackmon and cargo mini stack. Cargo way too cheap and cole has been dreadful vs leftys. Blackmon has the highest upside on the slate imo. Great matchup for steals and power. Only downside is ballpark but that is less important for me when talking about elite hitters.

• mathewsmarner

is mookie betts chalk?

something tells me you got to have ian kinsler if u want to win tonight or a tigers stack!

• gaelicgirl

@RobertoTomba said...

Estrada is about the same price on FanDuel, and is projected to be one of the top pitchers tonight.

Estrada was my first choice for pitcher tonight, but then I saw this comment that Benf15harp left on the Grind Down: “Thanks for all you do. But, Estrada as best ppd is bad. He’s been crushed by Tampa. 5 homers in 2 games in Tropicana this season.”
    Don’t know how much weight to give that comment, not knowing how good Benf15harp is at MLB DFS.

• kdubs81

@mathewsmarner said...

is mookie betts chalk?

Boston is usually chalky and after last night I think even more players will flock to them

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).